Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

How do you enter a trade?

How do you enter a trade?

Postby daytradingES » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:49 am

This is a thread for people to share their thoughts on how (what rules, indicators, targets, stops etc) they use in deciding on entering a trade.

I am posting this as someone ask me the question and I found it wasn't that easy to answer.

Naturally if you have worked long and hard on something proprietary the thread isn't about that - giving away your edge.
If you want to share thoughts on your rules and criteria for a setup - or what they should be - by all means let 'r rip!

Thought my focus is day-trading I haven't posted this in the traders lounge as it is more a chronological flow each day a new thread.
Good trading to all
daytradingES

Re: How do you enter a trade?

Postby watson7tyler » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 am

Hi Mate

Thanks for the thread.We all like to have control, especially when our own money is involved. Most traders tend to focus way too much on entering a trade, and not enough on making sure that all contingencies have been accounted for about how to EXIT a trade. You really have very limited control once you're in a trade. A good entry and a great exit plan are much better than a great entry and a poor exit plan.
watson7tyler

Return to Investors Lounge