Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

What to invest in 2017

What to invest in 2017

Postby Fleaserg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:32 am

"Few companies i believe that are going to perform good in the 2017 are:
Target Corporation:
In addition to so many shoppers, Target.com is consistently ranked as one of the most-visited retail web sites. I also buy a lot of course from it.
Procter & Gamble Co:
Procter & Gamble provides an annual dividend of 3.03%, or $2.68 per share. The company has raised its annual dividend for the last 60 consecutive years.

These are going to be my must invest dividend stocks for 2017."
Fleaserg

Re: What to invest in 2017

Postby Fleaserg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 am

Some of the best investment options for the coming year can be:

Altria Group Inc (NYSE:MO) is the largest cigarette maker in the U.S., controlling more than half of the U.S. market. With a long history stretching back more than 180 years, the company’s leading brands include “Marlboro,” “Copenhagen,” “Skoal,” and “Black & Mild.” The company also develops and markets tobacco products, including “MarkTen” and “Green Smoke” e-vapor products.
HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP) is a self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests in, develops, and manages real estate that it leases to health care facilities. An S&P 500 company, HCP has approximately $24.3 billion in assets under management, which represents its real estate portfolio.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) is a diversified health care juggernaut that provides the most comprehensive and broadly based health care products. JNJ is the fifth-largest pharmaceutical company in the world, the sixth-largest biotech company, and the sixth-largest consumer health care company.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is the second-largest communications provider in the U.S., with 112.1 customers. However, it’s bigger than AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) when it comes to lucrative wireless services, which cover 98% of the U.S., and serve 99% of Fortune 1000 companies.
Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) is a consumer staples giant that serves roughly five-billion people in more than 180 countries. With dozens of billion-dollar brands, the company operates through five segments: “Beauty;” “Grooming;” “Health Care;” “Baby, Feminine and Family Care;” and “Fabric Care and Home Care.”

Source: Dividend Stocks for 2017
Fleaserg

Re: What to invest in 2017

Postby CarlosM » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm

For me a good investment in this year has been Bitcoin, even though it mentions an article that I read we can not compare the cryptocurrency with any company but for me it has had a very good performance, I attach fragments of the article: "When the price of bitcoin is rising or reaches new heights, we often see expert commentators in the media comparing bitcoin’s market cap to that of some company. For example, we’ve recently seen headlines such as: “Bitcoin overtakes Goldman Sachs in terms of market cap”, “Bitcoin’s market cap has surpassed that of sports clothing manufacturer Nike”, and so on.

At the time of writing, bitcoin is trading at 6,450 USD, with a market cap of 107.22bn USD according to coinmarketcap.com. People are already debating which companies the crypto market’s flagship currency will overtake next in terms of market cap should the bitcoin continue its growth.

In my opinion, this is a spurious comparison to make. We shouldn’t be comparing bitcoin with banks and other companies. The idea behind bitcoin was to create a transnational, decentralised global currency. The developers behind bitcoin launched this project with the aim of creating an alternative to fiat currencies, which can simply be printed by central banks without limits. So, bitcoin’s market cap should actually be compared to, for example, M1, M2, and M3 money supplies in the US, or with the money supply in the Eurozone, China, and so on. What I mean to say is that bitcoin should be compared to money rather than companies. Bitcoin is not a company and was never intended to be, so comparing the market cap of bitcoin to that of various companies is inappropriate and uninformative."
Source: https://alpari.com/en/

But as you see, it has been a good investment to buy Bitcoin with a great performance throughout the year
CarlosM

Return to Investors Lounge