Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/18/2013 Live Update

jack black

Re: 09/18/2013 Live Update

Post by jack black »

stlwater wrote:welp... my GDX trade I bought premarket today.. up nearly 10%......
TLT up over 2%
Semi short very underwater.
Just went long volatility.
Playing support/resistance where I see it
Same here. Made big on miners, lost some on XLF short.
jack black

Post by jack black »

Junior Buffett wrote:FED is not ready to taper even a 1%, BEN is talking about how all these improvement he sees is not on solid fundamentals...shouldn't people really concern with this? after trillions of dollars QE, economy is still not on solid ground? shouldn't everyone concern that what is the gurateee that more money will change anything....something is wrong..or may be I have taken wrong position at wrong time! LOL :D :D but I am holding..already under 20 points..never thought this jump is coming..who in r :idea: :idea: :idea: ight mind would think anyway...best of luck...
This is disturbing alright to me, but for a different reason. Bernanke is a fool. Somehow he doesn't see that by QE he is cutting the branch on which he seats. Someone needs to show him this:

The reason it's important is this:

This is going to end very badly. The higher he inflates now, the worse the fall will be.
Last edited by jack black on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack black

Post by jack black »

Heck wrote:
Undervalued EQ opening long Calls/Puts were as high as 215% this AM, suggesting another market spurt soon
OK, you were very correct here. My mistake was, when Bernanke said tapering 2 months ago, I though we was a serious man. Now I see he was just a joker.

Now, I'll bite on the ISEE index thing. How come ISE traders are all smart money. How is it possible?
kongen

Post by kongen »

"This is disturbing alright to me, but for a different reason. Bernanke is a fool."

Only a hard-core fool would call Bernanke a fool. Like Ron Paul, for example.
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

I've posted this study before but it's "high" time I did so again. It is what it is.
untitled.png
Weekly view:
untitled2.png
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

Notice the very long blue trend-line.. as it has acted as the mean. Many significant moves occurred at and/or were resisted by / supported by. Either we are poised to break above that mean and launch as we did in the 90's or we are going to turn down here. That's how I see it.
untitled3.png

I would also like to point out that the first run above this blue trend line in the 90s was an 80% rise. In the 2000s it rose above this trend line by about 16-17% before tumbling. The difference between the two moves above in percentage terms is about 80%. The move in the 90s was 80% larger than the move above the trend line in 2006-2007. Said another way, the last breakout was only 20% of the prior one... Pareto's law anyone?

That said, 20% of the last breakout of 16%-17% is 3%-3.5%... tack that onto the breakout today and that puts us at 1765-1777 or thereabouts. 1777 would be an interesting top.
Last edited by stlwater on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

kongen wrote:"This is disturbing alright to me, but for a different reason. Bernanke is a fool."

Only a hard-core fool would call Bernanke a fool. Like Ron Paul, for example.
Benanke is a thief employed by the Banksters
The trillions of QE money were to engorge the profits of his cronies at Goodthieves Sachs, pirate JP Morgan and friends.
The publification of the thieves debt was never meant to
"put the nation on a solid footing"

No good thief is a fool.
clever self-enrichment at the expense of America's future - a crushing debt to squash you and your children and your children's children.

Don't give this clown anything but a kick in the ass on the way out - jail time is the right retirement for him
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
TWT

Post by TWT »

$VXX: An impulsive sequence is in progress
Attachments
VXX 15 MIN .png