Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/25/2014 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

07/25/2014 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

For now the pullback can be seen as a Bull Flag, so nothing bad yet.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 07/25/2014 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

gappy

Post by gappy »

Vote Cobra. glta
Capture.PNG
Uncle Buck weekly.
usd.PNG
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
brucekeller

Post by brucekeller »

I think I am going to be sick for selling that AMZN put yesterday.
gappy

Post by gappy »

SPY 5 minute.
Capture.PNG
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

CYNK is trading again if anyone wants to go broke.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 15m.. messy chart.. but lines still working.... red support... mind the open gaps.. blue channel... break red...could see more downside
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 7.16.35 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

100% mm?
Attachments
1.png

fehro

Post by fehro »

INDEX dailies.... $INDU slips below 20d, $RUT < 50d
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 7.28.25 AM.png
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

No position.

My summation signal is neutral. Higher highs needed to turn up.
My composite trend signal is up but two of the three critical indicators are down.

The bull has been advancing but my models are not showing vigor.
We'll see where things close but NYMO appears to be turning down without having reached zero.
Consequently, I don't have any setups in play at the moment. Do nothing time.
jack black

Post by jack black »

brucekeller wrote:I think I am going to be sick for selling that AMZN put yesterday.
In my experience the best trades (and I'm not talking about short term day trading stuff or trend following) are the most difficult to make (psychologically and otherwise) as you are against the huge crowd of sheep.

I had moments like that myself. Like shorting banks in June 2007, just to be stopped out (and not reentering) later in July. Going long in end of February 2003 and having my margin called, reentering later in March and still stopped out. And many other disasters like that. You feel bad about it because you are right, but you still loose money, and this is why the trading is the most challenging thing I aver attempted in my entire life, and I'm otherwise a very successful professional in my own field. This is why I keep my day job, LOL!!!

Tell us more why you purchased the puts in the first place and why you sold them.

Full disclosure: at the moment I'm long BIS and short XLF, but the trade is frustrating. I was not nimble enough to take the (decent) profits in mid July and they melted by now.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

vol surge, may see rebound here first then we'll see.
Attachments
1.png

brucekeller

Post by brucekeller »

jack black wrote:
brucekeller wrote:I think I am going to be sick for selling that AMZN put yesterday.
In my experience the best trades (and I'm not talking about short term day trading stuff or trend following) are the most difficult to make (psychologically and otherwise) as you are against the huge crowd of sheep.

I had moments like that myself. Like shorting banks in June 2007, just to be stopped out (and not reentering) later in July. Going long in end of February 2003 and having my margin called, reentering later in March and still stopped out. And many other disasters like that. You feel bad about it because you are right, but you still loose money, and this is why the trading is the most challenging thing I aver attempted in my entire life, and I'm otherwise a very successful professional in my own field. This is why I keep my day job, LOL!!!

Tell us more why you purchased the puts in the first place and why you sold them.

Full disclosure: at the moment I'm long BIS and short XLF, but the trade is frustrating. I was not nimble enough to take the (decent) profits in mid July and they melted by now.
I bought it because I caught AMZN at the top of its trend channel on Monday. Held it 'til Wed and lost my nerve considering it had to drop 10% at that point. I was going to keep it because it had amazingly kept its price pretty well, but the tipping point was some guy here talking about how it was going to lose 50% of its premium from implied volatility, and I was already thinking 10% was pretty insane to hope for.

I't's $700 I had to pay to get another lesson in that I need to stick with convictions when I feel I'm right. I literally even said I was proud of the trade when I got the put on Monday.
Heck

Post by Heck »

Index Opening Long Undervalued puts three times calls maybe marked buying op for COMPQ & SPX

http://www.ise.com/market-data/isee-index/
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 15m.. blue channel trying to hold... if not look for lower levels.. gap fill.. gap is roughly 20d SMA 1973ish
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 8.12.11 AM.png
jack black

Post by jack black »

brucekeller wrote: I bought it because I caught AMZN at the top of its trend channel on Monday. Held it 'til Wed and lost my nerve considering it had to drop 10% at that point. I was going to keep it because it had amazingly kept its price pretty well, but the tipping point was some guy here talking about how it was going to lose 50% of its premium from implied volatility, and I was already thinking 10% was pretty insane to hope for.

I't's $700 I had to pay to get another lesson in that I need to stick with convictions when I feel I'm right. I literally even said I was proud of the trade when I got the put on Monday.
I personally avoid options with high premiums. You could be right and still lose due to decreased premium or low liquidity.
I agree this forum sometimes has a smart Alec type response from a person who has no clue.
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 60m .. nearing support.. break it.. could get very ugly fast...
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-07-25 at 8.23.33 AM.png
gappy

Post by gappy »

2 hour w/ Coppock.
Capture.PNG
gappy

Post by gappy »

Taken down to the 5 minute. Bounce off lower fork tine.
Capture.PNG