Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/05/2014 Live Update

fehro

Re: 09/05/2014 Live Update

Post by fehro »

long long term GOLD/USD... green trend on GOLD is from 2001-2004 lows... major trend around $1200.. pink H&S doubtful, looks better on the monthly .. but if USD pops.. then crazy possible.. if they move in opposite directions... and IF the pattern plays out... but pink green line on GOLD near $1200 is key.. could morph into several other patterns... green bull flag, green triangle, etc, etc.. fwiw.
Attachments
GOLD weekly.. end of day charts...
GOLD weekly.. end of day charts...
USD long long long long term weekly .. end of day chart
USD long long long long term weekly .. end of day chart
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

bulls last stand short term.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

TSLA...if a bounce here...at least another leg down....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 7.46.43 AM.png
jack black

Post by jack black »

fehro wrote:long long term GOLD/USD... green trend on GOLD is from 2001-2004 lows... major trend around $1200.. pink H&S doubtful, looks better on the monthly .. but if USD pops.. then crazy possible.. if they move in opposite directions... and IF the pattern plays out... but pink green line on GOLD near $1200 is key.. could morph into several other patterns... green bull flag, green triangle, etc, etc.. fwiw.
I honestly don't believe you can use TA for USD. When dollar broke down from the triangle in 2011, everyone sold dollar and bought gold. And then the opposite happened. I think one is better off to be contrarian and dollar is very overbought at the moment.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Russell is finding a way further south. I like watching the RUT because it tends to confirm or cap moves by the other majors.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

possible 3 push down. I won't be too bearish here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jack black wrote:
fehro wrote:long long term GOLD/USD... green trend on GOLD is from 2001-2004 lows... major trend around $1200.. pink H&S doubtful, looks better on the monthly .. but if USD pops.. then crazy possible.. if they move in opposite directions... and IF the pattern plays out... but pink green line on GOLD near $1200 is key.. could morph into several other patterns... green bull flag, green triangle, etc, etc.. fwiw.
I honestly don't believe you can use TA for USD. When dollar broke down from the triangle in 2011, everyone sold dollar and bought gold. And then the opposite happened. I think one is better off to be contrarian and dollar is very overbought at the moment.
I called this TA chart. it's how ones uses it and how success trading it.
Attachments
1.PNG
jack black

Post by jack black »

Looks like day 4 of making profit by buying BIS in AM and selling in PM.
I honestly believe biotech is a bubble.
Compare NASDAQ 1995-mid 2000 and IBB 2009-mid 2014. Both went up about 500% in 5 years.
Last edited by jack black on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack black

Post by jack black »

BullBear52x wrote: I called this TA chart. it's how ones uses it and how success trading it.
???
fehro

Post by fehro »

jack black wrote:
USD is a weekly chart so slow moving but trending... yes the dollars is very overbought.. but also testing a 7 yr green trend line on a weekly time frame.. so some profit taking is in the cards.. but over it.. you could see another leg up... similar to 97-2001.. not exactly a straight up line.. lots of back and forth.. but overall trending up ...none the less.. again if trends/patterns hold.. fwiw.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jack black wrote:
BullBear52x wrote: I called this TA chart. it's how ones uses it and how success trading it.
???
You said: I honestly don't believe you can use TA for USD
unless you meant using USD as TA indicator is no no, agreed.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Covered short - no gain lost commission only
fehro

Post by fehro »

BullBear52x wrote:
jack black wrote:
I called this TA chart. it's how ones uses it and how success trading it.
yes.. the KISS method.. don't anticipate & follow the rules! = success.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Yesterday cum volume T-2104 swing sell signal
Yesterday’s spy candle was a key reversal (but some previous “key reversal days” failed... it’s fallible).
The "rules" for a key reversal top are to sell on the open following the reversal and to place stops just above the prior day's high
95t2104_png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

jack black wrote:
Re technical analysis and the above. I've found that when looking at set ups if they look to obvious and/or there is a lot of noise around them, then the play,for me, is to aggressively fade, "everybody."

The only free cheese, my friend, is in a trap.
FreeCheese.jpg
FreeCheese.jpg (44.83 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

My rules for when a dead-cat bounce turns into a tradeable long INTRADAY:
1) higher lows, higher highs on the 5min
2) when Cobra says it’s a tradeable long INTRADAY
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
jack black

Post by jack black »

Tutti wrote:
jack black wrote:
Re technical analysis and the above. I've found that when looking at set ups if they look to obvious and/or there is a lot of noise around them, then the play,for me, is to aggressively fade, "everybody."

The only free cheese, my friend, is in a trap.
FreeCheese.jpg
Well said! I do remember perfect TA settings with a lot of buzz and they all did fail. Market is basically about psychology. I do know a few psychologists that are successful at trading. Sadly I'm still learning.
fehro

Post by fehro »

jack black wrote:Looks like day 4 of making profit by buying BIS in AM and selling in PM.
I honestly believe biotech is a bubble.
Compare NASDAQ 1995-mid 2000 and IBB 2009-mid 2014. Both went up about 500% in 5 years.
$BTK - weekly... not a pretty candle... at the moment...outside reversal / railroad tracks... gap down on monday.. island top
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 8.21.59 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

it is 3 push down, so normally the rebound is 2 legged, it's 1st leg now.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Watching silver pretty closely. Weekly chart.
Looking to make fourth hit on support. Each bounce has made lower high.
Descending triangle.
Big declining tops line for monthly trend.
A break of support may be good short. Hard to imagine a $3-$5 drop but pattern offers that possibility. :roll:
A break of triangle top/monthly declining tops line may be good long.
Don't care which and have no clue...
Silver.jpg