Re: 09/18/2014 Live Update

Post by L_T »

DIA looking pretty nice on the daily.
Attachments
ScreenShot240.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

L_T wrote: I wish they were amazing enough to be kept secret but alas they are just different ways of viewing the same info with a few different indicators that happened to all report at once.
The first is the vixie MA crossover like you showed, the 2nd is a simple 13/34 crossover with no other clutter, the 3rd is the hybrid chart I show with the Vol stop, Parabolic SAR, MACD, and a 5/12 EMA with 20 EMA for "trend robustness" (does that make it sound amazing!!! :lol: ) and the last is the good ole' T2104.
My hope is that for them all to agree that makes the signal "strong" but wko knows. It's called speculation for a reason right? 8-)
PS I also incorporate uempel's MA's: 390 / 78 / 26 (1 min, 5 min, 15 min respectively) as price definitely reacts to that area.
"""3rd is the hybrid chart I show with the Vol stop, Parabolic SAR, MACD, and a 5/12 EMA with 20 EMA for "trend robustness"
(does that make it sound amazing!!!)""""
yes boss it does sound amazing, please post said chart at your convenience :mrgreen:
thanks for not hiding stuff from us like some other (cough) alleged-boardies
we're all in this together/alone :D
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Friday tomorrow has no clear bull edges recently. The sep oe day generally favors bulls though. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Al_Dente wrote:
L_T wrote: I wish they were amazing enough to be kept secret but alas they are just different ways of viewing the same info with a few different indicators that happened to all report at once.
The first is the vixie MA crossover like you showed, the 2nd is a simple 13/34 crossover with no other clutter, the 3rd is the hybrid chart I show with the Vol stop, Parabolic SAR, MACD, and a 5/12 EMA with 20 EMA for "trend robustness" (does that make it sound amazing!!! :lol: ) and the last is the good ole' T2104.
My hope is that for them all to agree that makes the signal "strong" but wko knows. It's called speculation for a reason right? 8-)
PS I also incorporate uempel's MA's: 390 / 78 / 26 (1 min, 5 min, 15 min respectively) as price definitely reacts to that area.
"""3rd is the hybrid chart I show with the Vol stop, Parabolic SAR, MACD, and a 5/12 EMA with 20 EMA for "trend robustness"
(does that make it sound amazing!!!)""""
yes boss it does sound amazing, please post said chart at your convenience :mrgreen:
thanks for not hiding stuff from us like some other (cough) alleged-boardies
we're all in this together/alone :D
Truth be told 80 - 90% of everything I know I've learned here. I'm an almost daily visitor for 3 years now and lurked before that. I committed to myself a few years back that no matter how long it took I would learn enough to someday be able to do this for a living (I'm a 40-hour a week salary man now :( ) and haven't wavered from that goal. It's a lonely pursuit (I think any "regular" person would fall asleep immediately if I tried to explain all of this to them) but I find it fascinating---I've dreamed of charts before, but something tells me I'm not the only one. :lol: Obviously a forum is much less lonely and always a fresh perspective is just a page refresh away. :) Anyway thanks to you and every other content creator here as I've taken advantage of what I feel is a great free education even if it has cost some frazzled nerves from time to time!
fehro

Post by fehro »

got some pretty candles... not.... VIX another wider range day than yesterday!... options week.. :roll:
*corrected… image below is not correct due to data error fwiw.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.55.12 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-09-18 at 1.01.33 PM.png
Last edited by fehro on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
netsnets

Post by netsnets »

This afternoon is the most disheartened I've been about market all year. On top of being overly reluctant to get bullish this past week (even on short term trades), or just generally like today not seeing any major day trade opportunities, some of my small cap positions have gotten rocked the past two weeks (especially today) as the market has drifted up to new highs. (So I feel the double pain of losing while the market is gaining.) Just needed to vent!