Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/13/2015 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

02/13/2015 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

I see nothing wrong. It might be a rising wedge but nowadays who cares about wedge, it's not a bearish pattern most of the time. today suppose to down but if up then the old day bulls are back, let's see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 02/13/2015 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX .. filled the Dec 29/30 gap
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 6.38.03 AM.png
fehro

Post by fehro »

pennies away from all time highs..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 6.43.03 AM.png
JFR

Post by JFR »

Good Morning. Have a safe and happy Friday the 13th, Everyone.

Nothing special about that picture. It is just that all the others were skulls, et cetera.
Attachments
Fridaythe13th.jpg
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Gap up.
Attachments
ScreenShot003.jpg
fehro

Post by fehro »

INDEX days… TRAN still lags.. USO / TLT tags 50d UUP <20d
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 6.46.40 AM.png
Xian

Post by Xian »

Found on twitter (from Rob Hanna):
Attachments
2015-02-13.png
cletus

Post by cletus »

Cobra wrote:
I see nothing wrong. It might be a rising wedge but nowadays who cares about wedge, it's not a bearish pattern most of the time. today suppose to down but if up then the old day bulls are back, let's see.
Not sure I'd ever say the market is "supposed" to do anything. It's random walk behavior so at any given moment there is a natural 50/50 chance.

From Investopedia

Random walk theory gained popularity in 1973 when Burton Malkiel wrote "A Random Walk Down Wall Street", a book that is now regarded as an investment classic. Random walk is a stock market theory that states that the past movement or direction of the price of a stock or overall market cannot be used to predict its future movement. Originally examined by Maurice Kendall in 1953, the theory states that stock price fluctuations are independent of each other and have the same probability distribution, but that over a period of time, prices maintain an upward trend.

In short, random walk says that stocks take a random and unpredictable path. The chance of a stock's future price going up is the same as it going down. A follower of random walk believes it is impossible to outperform the market without assuming additional risk. In his book, Malkiel preaches that both technical analysis and fundamental analysis are largely a waste of time and are still unproven in outperforming the markets.

Malkiel constantly states that a long-term buy-and-hold strategy is the best and that individuals should not attempt to time the markets. Attempts based on technical, fundamental, or any other analysis are futile. He backs this up with statistics showing that most mutual funds fail to beat benchmark averages like the S&P 500.
JFR

Post by JFR »

BIDU ...
Attachments
ScreenShot004.jpg
q2model

Post by q2model »

cletus wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Not sure I'd ever say the market is "supposed" to do anything. It's random walk behavior so at any given moment there is a natural 50/50 chance.

From Investopedia

Random walk theory gained popularity in 1973 when Burton Malkiel wrote "A Random Walk Down Wall Street", a book that is now regarded as an investment classic. Random walk is a stock market theory that states that the past movement or direction of the price of a stock or overall market cannot be used to predict its future movement. Originally examined by Maurice Kendall in 1953, the theory states that stock price fluctuations are independent of each other and have the same probability distribution, but that over a period of time, prices maintain an upward trend.

In short, random walk says that stocks take a random and unpredictable path. The chance of a stock's future price going up is the same as it going down. A follower of random walk believes it is impossible to outperform the market without assuming additional risk. In his book, Malkiel preaches that both technical analysis and fundamental analysis are largely a waste of time and are still unproven in outperforming the markets.

Malkiel constantly states that a long-term buy-and-hold strategy is the best and that individuals should not attempt to time the markets. Attempts based on technical, fundamental, or any other analysis are futile. He backs this up with statistics showing that most mutual funds fail to beat benchmark averages like the S&P 500.
At any given day, market tends to have higher percentage going up than down as cobra's daily stats show. 53% vs 47%.
JFR

Post by JFR »

If trends exist, then it is not random.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Short SPY 209.31
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

[quote="q2model"]
/quote]

Random Walk THEORY has the word theory on it for a reason.
It has been shown not to apply to the markets.

Further there are assumptions involved by the author of the theory and the assumptions are not met.
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

JFR wrote:If trends exist, then it is not random.
Random walk theory is pure bunk. Were it true, the market would not go up or down in the longer term and everything would be a zero sum game.
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 15m ..mind the lower gaps
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 7.03.47 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

L_T

Post by L_T »

Reversal of fortune.
Attachments
ScreenShot148.jpg
dog3442

Post by dog3442 »

out of bounds i took the short too just covered for 1.5 pts, thanks for confirming what i saw. I had a double divergence on an indicator i use, and a double is a strong bet, i would say 75% right. Now im out for the day, fuck this slimy market till tuesday. Thanks everyone else for your contributions this week. I learn alot from all of you