Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

06/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

Flat open, gap if any will be filled. I have a setup with winning rate over 80% that was failed yesterday (remember I gave the target and stated that's my secret in yesterday watering thread?). Well, that setup isn't over yet, as I checked again last night, most failed setups in the past, the yesterday's low would get revisited in just a few days. Of course, there's always exception for every setup so although I'm not convinced by yesterday's later day rally and kind think the last couple of 60 min bars are exhaustion bar but if the market simply keeps up today, I'd be with bulls. The market is always right, the only thing I say to it is for sure: Yes master; Certainly master; As you wish master. :mrgreen:
1.png
Institutional actions, not bad.
2.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
AK84

Re: 06/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by AK84 »

Good Morning Cobra!!!!!!
guelder_rose

Post by guelder_rose »

Good Morning Cobra! Hope the market goes as you wish!
hlht

Post by hlht »

good morning.
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

good morning guys.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

GM,
From my read Bears fear not. this bounce will be sold. well, short term momentum is strong but the level of resistances are so great, just take a look at the BB, this time mid BB will be very important for the Bulls to move forward, on top of that we have Fib fan and FIb retracements resistance to name a few. it could just well be a gap filled be fore a continue trade down, daily vix is still stay above 200 dma.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

trades under 5 dma, sell the rally is still on, VIX long date MACD sell the rally still on
Attachments
spy.JPG
shumushu

Post by shumushu »

ORCL earnings came out positive yesterday, yet pre-market trading is down. Let see how the nasdaq fare with this.
up666

Post by up666 »

Good morning, Cobra. I noticed you adjusted your stop of SSO for the short-term trade. Do you have the list of rules posted somewhere for the new readers like me to start with as well when following the short-term signals? Thanks!
HK88

Post by HK88 »

I do not see much cost building between 1280 and 1292, thus little resistance. Market can move up or down easily in between. Actually, we saw that happening recent days..
bbc

Post by bbc »

Cobra wrote:Flat open, gap if any will be filled. I have a setup with winning rate over 80% that was failed yesterday (remember I gave the target and stated that's my secret in yesterday watering thread?). Well, that setup isn't over yet, as I checked again last night, most failed setups in the past, the yesterday's low would get revisited in just a few days. Of course, there's always exception for every setup so although I'm not convinced by yesterday's later day rally and kind think the last couple of 60 min bars are exhaustion bar but if the market simply keeps up today, I'd be with bulls. The market is always right, the only thing I say to it is for sure: Yes master; Certainly master; As you wish master. :mrgreen:
1.png
2.png

Yes Cobra; Certainly Cobra; As you wish Cobra.
KENA

Post by KENA »

The NYSEBP Point and Figure charts turned back dn yesterday Showing we are still in dn trend.The nysi also shows a turn dn.I think the lows will be tested.Have good trading up or dn....PS I bet some one made big bucks on that pop up yesterday.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

up666 wrote:Good morning, Cobra. I noticed you adjusted your stop of SSO for the short-term trade. Do you have the list of rules posted somewhere for the new readers like me to start with as well when following the short-term signals? Thanks!
huge gap down/up, I usually use 15 min or 30 min open range breakout to confirm the stop loss, that requires some experiences. The yesterday's case was actually I put wrong stop loss value in the table, it should be the 06/16 lows so shouldn't be stopped out. I'm now thinking of using 2*ATR(10) as the stop loss as the current stop loss is way too subjective.

AK84

Post by AK84 »

Whereeeeeee is Clitus ?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open. I think it's not a good open, seems overshot here therefore should see pullback of some kind...
Attachments
1.png

bbc

Post by bbc »

BullBear52x wrote:GM,
From my read Bears fear not. this bounce will be sold. well, short term momentum is strong but the level of resistances are so great, just take a look at the BB, this time mid BB will be very important for the Bulls to move forward, on top of that we have Fib fan and FIb retracements resistance to name a few. it could just well be a gap filled be fore a continue trade down, daily vix is still stay above 200 dma.

I never think TA on vix is a good idea, VIX itself is calculated based on IVs of a chain of SPX options.
Traders won't refer to VIX MA to be more aggressive or less on SPX options.

so does DX, I think trade DX on TA is not a good idea. I'd rather refer to TA on EUR, as it has over 1/3 weighting.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bbc wrote:
Cobra wrote:Flat open, gap if any will be filled. I have a setup with winning rate over 80% that was failed yesterday (remember I gave the target and stated that's my secret in yesterday watering thread?). Well, that setup isn't over yet, as I checked again last night, most failed setups in the past, the yesterday's low would get revisited in just a few days. Of course, there's always exception for every setup so although I'm not convinced by yesterday's later day rally and kind think the last couple of 60 min bars are exhaustion bar but if the market simply keeps up today, I'd be with bulls. The market is always right, the only thing I say to it is for sure: Yes master; Certainly master; As you wish master. :mrgreen:
1.png
2.png

Yes Cobra; Certainly Cobra; As you wish Cobra.
:mrgreen:

guelder_rose

Post by guelder_rose »

Gap filled already?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Neg D
Attachments
spy.JPG
HK88

Post by HK88 »

Look where 60 min ChiOsc is now...