Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Tabby

Re: 06/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Tabby »

shumushu wrote:Looks like bulls arn't able to take out the 50ma 5minutes.
There is no bulls or bears. It is computer generated to keep us in deja vu.For example, TZA hit 34.4xish lower BB at 1210,1306,1401,1436 so far. I never seen anything like this set up before.
We are all waiting for fat finger to push the key one way or the other after 3 pm. :mrgreen:
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Tabby wrote:
There is no bulls or bears. It is computer generated to keep us in deja vu.For example, TZA hit 34.4xish lower BB at 1210,1306,1401,1436 so far. I never seen anything like this set up before.
We are all waiting for fat finger to push the key one way or the other after 3 pm. :mrgreen:
I think if the finger is really fat then there will be a buy and sell button pushed together causing a flash crash ???? :evil: :lol:
trust_yr_instinct

Post by trust_yr_instinct »

As I expected last friday, this would be a 'bear killer week " but like many I sold too early my longs. I shoulda stuck with my time tested rule that NO MATTER what ( nuclear plant explosions as in march end, greece collapse, bank faliures, bad econo news whatever !! ) the MOST important thing going into a month end and especially the Q ends is fund performance and bonuses. This is wll street greed at its best..its the main thing that moves the market...

1) Shorts had to cover to keep their profitable past few months on the books = BUY pressure
2) Longs HAD to mark things up ( with the help of PPT ) so the numbers would look good at Q2 end of june today = BUY pressure
3) So much selling had been done in past seven weeks who was left to sell if you already didnt = no selling left = BUY pressure

Who cares about the sec investigating this stuff ?? It does'nt happen...even though the charts last friday showed a possible fall into the abyss below the 200dma SPX and lots of fundamental trouble ahead...lets all remember that its PRESSURE ( buy or sell PRESSURE and motivation, not news, not fundamentals, not anything but greed or fear )...this moves the market more than all else...pressure to be UP or pressure to be DOWN...and this week the very obvious pressure was to be UP

last weeks NDX july calls or SPY calls are now up over 120 to 150%...shoulda bet the whole house....I knew greed to perform would override the true desperate issues in the system right now..no wonder the small retail trade is so leary of the stock market eh??

you are the best Cobra..your accuracy is unmatched sir
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

AK84 wrote:
Tabby wrote:
I think if the finger is really fat then there will be a buy and sell button pushed together causing a flash crash ???? :evil: :lol:
Maybe fat finger got thin since last April. He is confident that circute breaker law in place since last year. :mrgreen:
MajorEasy

Post by MajorEasy »

i trade mostly 2 to 3 contracts, sometimes i'll trade up to 5 but no more than 5 at a time.
this shows how not to trade, notice i've added to a losing position 2 times.
what i'm not showing are all the other indicators that give me confindence to break the rules by adding to a losing position.
Attachments
630 3 contracts.png
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
cheech

Post by cheech »

VIX displaying similar characteristics to the last 3 peaks, maybe it's different this time.
Attachments
sc.png
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Well here's the seasonality for July from a great blog I highly recommend. (not mine)

http://marketsci.wordpress.com/2011/06/ ... july-2011/
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

MajorEasy wrote:i trade mostly 2 to 3 contracts, sometimes i'll trade up to 5 but no more than 5 at a time.
what i'm not showing are all the other indicators that give me confindence to break the rules by adding to a losing position.
What do others think of adding to losing positions?

Do you do it?

Do you believe you should never do it?
soku

Post by soku »

i see potential weakness in financial tech and energy. short the biatch. :D
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Tabby wrote:
Makes you feel like your beening manipulated.
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

cheech wrote:VIX displaying similar characteristics to the last 3 peaks, maybe it's different this time.
$RVX does too.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

multiple support here. no idea what the market is doing.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

feels like it will breakdown from here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
barbaragull

Post by barbaragull »

StrikePrice wrote:
MajorEasy wrote:i trade mostly 2 to 3 contracts, sometimes i'll trade up to 5 but no more than 5 at a time.
What do others think of adding to losing positions?

Do you do it?

Do you believe you should never do it?
I keep adding :lol: , but I am a low hand brainless fly :oops: , often get under water 100m for the objective of getting above 2m :twisted:.

I suspect though: big guns with enogh fund do DCA
bbc

Post by bbc »

MajorEasy wrote:tehehe,
i should follow my own advice.
i was trapped in a short from 10:00 to 12:30, it was a counter-trend trade....
held on 'til it became a 2 pt. winner...

note to self: counter trend trading is stupid stupid stupid....
newbees, counter-trend involves trying to short tops and buy bottoms..
ppl call it “猜顶摸底” it's not stupid for ppl with inside information:D

I would say it's not only stupid, it's too brave!!!

But if you have a very deep pocket, you can average down to the end of the world ;D
bbc

Post by bbc »

HK88 wrote:
cheech wrote:
alphahorn wrote:people are talking about shorting oil, I trade Energy via ERX and ERY, went long ERX a few days ago, looks early still
Oil is scheduled to make a low towards the middle of July. There will be a re-test of the lows even if it pushes higher.
Anybody has an idea why gold is falling when $ is down as well???

GOLD is risk-adversal, capital's harbor, if ppl see much better opportunities in other market, then they dump gold.

$ is still in downtrend, but it's rather a range now for a median perspective. There are not much down potential left IMO.
cheech

Post by cheech »

Triangle in ChiOsc money flow? If so, we're about to witness a 30 million outflow.
Attachments
sc.png
KENA

Post by KENA »

Tomorrow may be for the bears.The SPX is up 4 hugh days...The odds for 5 green days is very,very,very low.Wait and see.
soku

Post by soku »

if you guys still remember muddy waters aka the chinese fraud hunter, here is an interview with carson block

http://youtu.be/sZLlRmY0vY4
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
alwzopn

Post by alwzopn »

Hi Cobra,

You mentioned today will be down day. Instead its a strong up day.
I think too many became too bearish.