Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/20/2016 Live Update

fehro

Re: 12/20/2016 Live Update

Post by fehro »

Parallel channel on USD from the highs in 84/85 of 160.. with the 92/2008 lows = upper channel of 120 -121 USDollar.. and 2000 highs .. of 121.12... so seems the dollar has a whole lota of more room

DXY monthly
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 8.28.02 AM.png
fehro

Post by fehro »

fehro wrote:Parallel channel on USD from the highs in 84/85 of 160.. with the 92/2008 lows = upper channel of 120 -121 USDollar.. and 2000 highs .. of 121.12... so seems the dollar has a whole lota of more room

DXY monthly
/GC monthly .. my insane projection of $700 an oz/ gold may come true yet… :roll: Very very very key level of 1090 on /GC is close.. thin zone to 950.. we break 1090 .. gold could free fall
Buy gold coins at $700 :roll: :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 8.32.32 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

could be a rebound here then we'll see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
fehro

Post by fehro »

fehro wrote:SPX stuck at cyan 60m .. possible triangle. ..mind the morning gap.. VIX holding trend of sorts.. VIX expires tomorrow.
SPX nears morning gap… could see 2065, that goes then 2060… gap fill … SPX hourly configuration candles not bullish either

SPX green, VIX geen
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 8.59.53 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Jennyahwu

Post by Jennyahwu »

Cobra, you say solid red line but you also say pennant bais up. is it conflict? thanks
fehro

Post by fehro »

fehro wrote:
fehro wrote:SPX stuck at cyan 60m .. possible triangle. ..mind the morning gap.. VIX holding trend of sorts.. VIX expires tomorrow.
SPX nears morning gap… could see 2065, that goes then 2060… gap fill … SPX hourly configuration candles not bullish either

SPX green, VIX geen
Cyan still holds..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.42.42 AM.png
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Zerohedge citing a new Forbes article claiming Russian Hackers bot farm is making several million dollars a day for fake web sites getting video add money. If confirmed and picked up by Wall Street Journal I would not want to explain to my board of directors why we were still advertising on facebook. Not saying this is it but I am saying this could get very very ugly for them fast.
Trades with cats

Zerohedge citing a new Forbes article claiming Russian Hackers bot farm is making several million dollars a day for fake web sites getting video add money. If confirmed and picked up by Wall Street Journal I would not want to explain to my board of directors why we were still advertising on facebook. Not saying this is it but I am saying this could get very very ugly for them fast.
icman

Post by icman »

Trades with cats wrote:Zerohedge citing a new Forbes article claiming Russian Hackers bot farm is making several million dollars a day for fake web sites getting video add money. If confirmed and picked up by Wall Street Journal I would not want to explain to my board of directors why we were still advertising on facebook. Not saying this is it but I am saying this could get very very ugly for them fast.
That is most likely across any ad platform.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

yes it was across several platforms
===========
By VINDU GOELDEC. 20, 2016
Continue reading the main story Share This Page

SAN FRANCISCO — In a twist on the peddling of fake news to real people, researchers say that a Russian cyberforgery ring has created more than half a million fake internet users and 250,000 fake websites to trick advertisers into collectively paying as much as $5 million a day for video ads that are never watched.

The fraud, which began in September and is still going on, represents a new level of sophistication among criminals who seek to profit by using bots — computer programs that pretend to be people — to cheat advertisers.

“We think that nothing has approached this operation in terms of profitability,” said Michael Tiffany, a co-founder and the chief executive of White Ops, the ad-focused computer security firm that publicly disclosed the fraud in a report on Tuesday. “Our adversaries are bringing whole new levels of innovation to ad fraud.”

The thieves impersonated more than 6,100 news and content publishers, stealing advertising revenue that marketers intended to run on those sites, White Ops said.
Continue reading the main story

The spoofed outlets include a who’s who of the web: video-laden sites like Fox News and CBS Sports, large news organizations like The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, major content platforms like Facebook and Yahoo and niche sites like Allrecipes.com and AccuWeather. Although the main targets were in the United States, news organizations in other countries were also affected.
source:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/techn ... c=rss&_r=0
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
fehro

Post by fehro »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... raud-ever?

With Facebook admitting to numerous errors in its advertising metrics, news that a group of Russian criminals are making between $3 million and $5 million every day in a brazen attack on the advertising market appears prescient. Amid headlines of "fake news" and censorship, Forbes exposes Methbot - the biggest digital ad fraud ever uncovered and perpetrated by faking clicks on video ads.

mind FB.. as my disdain for a virtual economy, with "clicks & likes".. easily manipulated with coding, auto play, etc, etc, ... FB GOOGL .. one day.. may see an "Enron" moment.. imho…

FB W/D … struggling under 200d SMA for 3days.. testing 20d.. and near 50w SMA 117ish.. Mind the red wedge
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.54.30 AM.png
Trades with cats

Yes it should hit them all if true. However the article specifically said the bots were imitating humans using social media sign ins and human style mouse movements. Sounds very mission impossible to me, training the software to fool the algos. But with all the build up of "Russian Hackers" by main stream media should make the public more accepting of this sort of story. As in "off course they fooled the Facebook computers". That is why I see a potential problem if the less tech knowledgeable typical executive type hits the panic button so they don't look stupid.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

possible lower high, maybe the high was in for today?
Attachments
1.png

Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

fehro wrote: mind FB.. as my disdain for a virtual economy, with "clicks & likes".. easily manipulated with coding, auto play, etc, etc, ... FB GOOGL .. one day.. may see an "Enron" moment.. imho…
Enron moment - that would be interesting and a great short position but have to wait till a majority of investors decide that the virtual economy created outrageous company valuations producing nothing but borderline entertainment

The ad click biz model has always been a mystery to me, I never ever click on anything, I don't see anything, I have blockers and ghostery and everybody I know the same.

In this fake news world I have difficulties to believe anything. True or just a fictitious story to give more credibility to the anonymously leaked CIA findings of election influencing by hacking into whatever.

-
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR

RATE WATCH (UPDATE)
At a certain point, higher rates start being too stressful for long equities.
10 year treasury yield, possible stress point:
SocGen: 2.60%
Goldman: 2.75%
JPM: 2.75%
Gundlach: 3%
Today $TNX (10 year yield) is 25.86 (2.58%)

HOWEVER, the pain is just starting in mortgages:
Zillow (the real estate site): 30-YEAR FIXED MORTGAGE RATE RISES TO 4.10% FROM 3.94%
Re-fi rate is 4.6%

Is that a big move? According to housing expert Mark Hanson: a "1% rate surge changes everything."
It's important to remember, however, that a RATE-SURGE OVER A SHORT TIME-PERIOD actually creates a month or two of higher numbers followed by a sharper give-back period…
Bottom line: Reversion to the mean can occur through house price declines, credit easing, a mortgage rate plunge to the high 2%'s, or a combination of all three. However… the path of least resistance is ….
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... everything
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:HAPPY HOUR

RATE WATCH (UPDATE)
At a certain point, higher rates start being too stressful for long equities.
10 year treasury yield, possible stress point:
SocGen: 2.60%
Goldman: 2.75%
JPM: 2.75%
Gundlach: 3%
Today $TNX (10 year yield) is 25.86 (2.58%)

HOWEVER, the pain is just starting in mortgages:
Zillow (the real estate site): 30-YEAR FIXED MORTGAGE RATE RISES TO 4.10% FROM 3.94%
Re-fi rate is 4.6%

Is that a big move? According to housing expert Mark Hanson: a "1% rate surge changes everything."
It's important to remember, however, that a RATE-SURGE OVER A SHORT TIME-PERIOD actually creates a month or two of higher numbers followed by a sharper give-back period…
Bottom line: Reversion to the mean can occur through house price declines, credit easing, a mortgage rate plunge to the high 2%'s, or a combination of all three. However… the path of least resistance is ….
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-2 ... everything
Attachments
fight11.gif
fight11.gif (2.64 MiB) Viewed 3564 times

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Wednesday has been mixed. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png