Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/09/2017 Live Update

BullBear52x

Re: 02/09/2017 Live Update

Post by BullBear52x »

fehro wrote:SPX .. VIX showing more weakness.. still kinda flat in relation to SPX's move.. could come late.. near EOD..
my $CPCS is bearish, (favored bear) what is yours saying?
Last edited by BullBear52x on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Trades with cats wrote:No, I don't have a sell level. I am waiting for stronger selling momentum from the ADX component DI -. My reading of price action was that the up trend paused at 1376 at around 11:30 AM so I wanted to see that potential support zone fail in combination with increasing down momentum. ADX is refusing to move up during selling waves and the DI- is refusing to move up into a strong trend area during selling waves and 1376 area is continuing to act as support. But the bulls are playing dog in the manger as they cannot move the price up strongly.
Long winded way of saying untradable chop.
thanks, ps: I’m jealous you have a smalls TICK on TF
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
fehro

Post by fehro »

BullBear52x wrote:
fehro wrote:SPX .. VIX showing more weakness.. still kinda flat in relation to SPX's move.. could come late.. near EOD..
my $CPCS is bearish, (favored bear) what is yours saying?
nothing extreme yet.. ADV/DEC showing divergence again… fwiw.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.43.07 AM.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

you guys noticed high of 306

10 points game.

306/96/86/76 god divine?
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

More Fed speak on reducing the balance sheet. At this point they are saying they need to shrink it so they have the ability to do more QE in the future. Of course the thought is that when they stop "re-investing" the liquidity pump dries up and as Bill Gross says it is over for the markets. So today's message saying after several rate hikes to me is code for after Chair Yellen is safely out of office.
Trades with cats

BullBear52x wrote:you guys noticed high of 306

10 points game.

306/96/86/76 god divine?
Must be base 10 proghramming :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really though, great call on your part.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

possible C&H, bias is up.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:NY advancing stocks = 2.5 x declining stocks
NY advancing volume = 2.3 x declining volume
Bull trend day at the moment
The morning’s IWM advance is a bit steep, so a pullback is immanent, but let it be brief and shallow, and let the AD not drop below 1.6x
NY advancing stocks = 2.0 x declining stocks
NY advancing volume = 2.5 x declining volume
(fewer bull stocks, more bull volume)
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Trades with cats wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:you guys noticed high of 306

10 points game.

306/96/86/76 god divine?
Must be base 10 proghramming :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really though, great call on your part.
Thanks, I kind of seen it plays on the up trend pulse of resistance. didn't think much of it, but when it move in 10 increments, wait, this is totally computer programing, I start to pay attention just lately.

they will not be so cute too long once the company start to invest rather than buying back shares.
Trades with cats

TF has 20 point range today, ES has 13 points, both RTH. If you aren't trading 20 or more contracts at a time (lower volume) I do think the TF is worth the $80 a month data fee because of the larger moves and I think it is a little easier to read. Down side is that light volume doesn't give you a chance to get in on fast moves.

I have tried my trend following on the DOW minis and the QQQs on a paper basis and they just don't do as well as the ES and the TF. I did read recently that 90% of trades on the q's are placed by computer programs, but I have not seen confirmation of that.
Trades with cats

Cartoon of the day

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Trades with cats wrote:TF has 20 point range today, ES has 13 points, both RTH. If you aren't trading 20 or more contracts at a time (lower volume) I do think the TF is worth the $80 a month data fee because of the larger moves and I think it is a little easier to read. Down side is that light volume doesn't give you a chance to get in on fast moves.

I have tried my trend following on the DOW minis and the QQQs on a paper basis and they just don't do as well as the ES and the TF. I did read recently that 90% of trades on the q's are placed by computer programs, but I have not seen confirmation of that.
I trade /ES and /YM interchangeably.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

after market I will have to reassess this chart, this last move is a surprise based on my daily indicators, pushing at top BB now. if I use daily chart to trade I will be skeptical about this last move, but shorter term it didn't bother me.
Attachments
1.PNG
Junior Buffett

Post by Junior Buffett »

Biggest risk with Trump presidency is him and his team have very big mouth and Trump himself being a business man he always looks to make profit/money in any situation, which is quite normal for a person who have spent entire his life earning money and making it to top 5 richest people in the world.

Chances are they plan their speech or announcement in such a way that they get benefit before hand and in doing so they knowingly or unknowingly let that information slip to some big market players and you see market going up without any reason.

I am sure Trump will have some excellent announcement to be made today or tomorrow to justify this up momentum.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

C&H text book target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX ..VIX rolls over
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 11.39.05 AM.png
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Getting another overbought signal assuming things hold up into the close.
So, if my internet stays on, I may take another whack at a sell in next 24 hours if price gives me a sensible entry.
Tight stop and maybe a reload if necessary. Looking for a pullback (gap close/breakout retest?) but open to something more.
I'll add the TV set I earned this week into the pot.

Interesting to me that while the VIX is dead, I count four price spikes (3 up, 1 down) since late January.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

BullBear52x wrote:
Trades with cats wrote:TF has 20 point range today, ES has 13 points, both RTH. If you aren't trading 20 or more contracts at a time (lower volume) I do think the TF is worth the $80 a month data fee because of the larger moves and I think it is a little easier to read. Down side is that light volume doesn't give you a chance to get in on fast moves.

I trade /ES and /YM interchangeably.
Me too, they often move comparably, or when I have conflicting setups, I'll be long one and short the other.

I also trade TF a lot. It is a nice statistically broad index that is less subject to being pushed around by action in a few big cap names. It trends pretty well when it trends, and at times, will be quite divergent from what the S&P is doing.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Mr. BachNut wrote:Getting another overbought signal assuming things hold up into the close.
So, if my internet stays on, I may take another whack at a sell in next 24 hours if price gives me a sensible entry.
Tight stop and maybe a reload if necessary. Looking for a pullback (gap close/breakout retest?) but open to something more.
I'll add the TV set I earned this week into the pot.

Interesting to me that while the VIX is dead, I count four price spikes (3 up, 1 down) since late January.
Double down until you got TV stand. :lol:
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

FED: probably one more rate hike in 2017
No, probably two
mmmmm, probably three hikes

HAPPY HOUR
cone.png.png