Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/11/2011 Intraday Watering

99er

Re: 07/11/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by 99er »

rhight: "Just trying to survive in a very confusing world."

I hear ya. It's the reason I started looking at charts.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

agnosia wrote:all shorts covered on /es .. long crude 94.20
sold 94.70 for +.50
debossman08

Post by debossman08 »

rhight wrote:
99er wrote:rhight:

Great chart! So informative at just one glance. StockCharts sure looks appealing as a charting tool.
Thanks. Completely customizable, and so the charts are only as good or informative as the you can make them. You can learn a lot free from their chart school area. Additionally, I've incorporated ideas from several reference books. A persons system can be TOO complicated, and mine probably is (the paralysis of analysis), I'm always bumping up against the annotation limit. But, I'm going to hit a home run one of these days, if I keep practicing. I'm convinced that this trader's market has become highly technical in its' short to intermediate term behavior (rather than fundamental) simply due to all the computer program trading. Here is the 60 min. chart. Really needs to hold here (1319) for the swing channel up is to continue. I see real problems if we dive through the 50 DMA (now 1317). Important cyclical trend line support (heavy line with 3 touches since March 2009 low) coming in at 1277 today. Big things happening in the international and debt markets, should be worrying, and don't know how the central bankers will react, or if they are running out of room to react. Just trying to survive in a very confusing world.
Thank you for all the details. Helps us to learn the reasonings for our trading.
cougar

Post by cougar »

rhight wrote:
99er wrote:rhight:

Great chart! So informative at just one glance. StockCharts sure looks appealing as a charting tool.
Thanks. Completely customizable, and so the charts are only as good or informative as the you can make them. You can learn a lot free from their chart school area. Additionally, I've incorporated ideas from several reference books. A persons system can be TOO complicated, and mine probably is (the paralysis of analysis), I'm always bumping up against the annotation limit. But, I'm going to hit a home run one of these days, if I keep practicing. I'm convinced that this trader's market has become highly technical in its' short to intermediate term behavior (rather than fundamental) simply due to all the computer program trading. Here is the 60 min. chart. Really needs to hold here (1319) for the swing channel up is to continue. I see real problems if we dive through the 50 DMA (now 1317). Important cyclical trend line support (heavy line with 3 touches since March 2009 low) coming in at 1277 today. Big things happening in the international and debt markets, should be worrying, and don't know how the central bankers will react, or if they are running out of room to react. Just trying to survive in a very confusing world.
“right”: nice chart and commentary! I am also keeping in mind the Kabuki, inherent to an OpEx week, even in these crazy times…Reversal “bullish” moments are a must of this dance, and they will very probably happen violently! Fabricated news should help such “events”…
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
alvian33 wrote:will your model be in sell after today? thanks
not a chance.
just wondering why not ?
charts look bearish for short term
The model measures mainly breadth, it's rare for the breadth to take a sharp turn on a single day selling.
Thanks!! :)
cheech

Post by cheech »

I posted this chart showing what happens when SPY trades far less than 10 million shares in an hour (not sure the exact volume figure, but you see the grey line at the bottom and the "white gap" of the weak volume bar). Well, this is what happens.

Though I was mocked for my views, I have now easily defeated those traders and mockers. It's not even a challenge for me.
Attachments
sc.png
uempel

Post by uempel »

This chart should be helpful :)
SPX3.png
DCS

Post by DCS »

Cobra wrote:
alvian33 wrote:cobra, still think an accelerated car can not back down :) still think we make new highs? this market is crazy
back test the high still is possible, it's really rare we simply tank from here. but anyway, who cares, I'm shorting now. will worry about bulls the other day. :lol:
Wow. That's a pretty cavalier response.

Your analysis last week was bullish. Today we drop almost 2% SPX. It's not surprising some of your followers have legitimate questions, like "Hey man, is this drop is a game changer?"

Mebbe I'm missing something, but that seemed like an odd way to reply.
jamesmith

Post by jamesmith »

uempel wrote:This chart should be helpful :)
SPX3.png
yay~ i like this chart :mrgreen: thanks
uempel

Post by uempel »

rhight: great chart :D
I_Got_Prechterized

Post by I_Got_Prechterized »

DCS wrote:
Cobra wrote:
alvian33 wrote:cobra, still think an accelerated car can not back down :) still think we make new highs? this market is crazy
back test the high still is possible, it's really rare we simply tank from here. but anyway, who cares, I'm shorting now. will worry about bulls the other day. :lol:

Your analysis last week was bullish. Today we drop almost 2% SPX. It's not surprising some of your followers have legitimate questions, like "Hey man, is this drop is a game changer?"

Dude, Cobra's an intraday trader. Isn't that obvious by now? He was leaning bullish last week and now he's leaning bearish. What's so cavalier about that mentality?
PRI

Post by PRI »

uempel wrote:This chart should be helpful :)
SPX3.png
They always are! Thank you!
kktrader

Post by kktrader »

DCS wrote:
Cobra wrote:

Let's not forget that Cobra is providing us with his analysis FOR FREE. Maybe he's wrong this time and the market won't make a new high but he's been mostly right in the past. Also let's not forget that he has absolutely NO responsibility of providing any info to us and carries NO responsibility to his followers.

Personally I'm very grateful to Cobra for this forum even though he might be wrong once in a while.
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

yeap, Cobra is great, some calls can be off, but this is the business of trading, overall he rocks
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote:i love this market. full of manipulation, full of volatility, full of chance. :D
the bad part is i was fooled by the market and close my shorts at 1321. now 1321-22 area becomes res and there is weak support around 1314-1316, another weak one around 1310, and a strong support at 1301
i hate trending. in a strong trend, a lot of things got screwed up. the truth got masked, such price behavior. the first line of sup 1314 held. now we are heading toward 1321 res. as long as 1321-22 still inplay, i will take it as a continuous pattern.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
I_Got_Prechterized

Post by I_Got_Prechterized »

alvian33 wrote:yeap, Cobra is great, some calls can be off, but this is the business of trading, overall he rocks
no doubt. We're lucky Cobra provides his insight for free. There are plenty of people charging lots of money for worthless garbage. The name Aphahorn comes to mind.
BBFinance

Post by BBFinance »

DCS wrote:
Cobra wrote:

I think Cobra's response was more in line of a joke. He does the best TA out there.
Regarding the market, if we can keep a bigger picture and forget about 5 mins movement, we can come out winner. The bigger picture is about the manipulation by FED and its primary dealers. In the 1st place, the rally was fake. Then they allegedly sell the shares of Italian Banks in Europe while pumping the stock market in US. Now this week there is over $70 billion TBill settlement. Put everything together and then go figure what is game changer.
By the way, it is not the end of the world and I think bear market will not start untill we see SPX over 1450+.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

it was a L2 short on first touching EMA20, critical here, breakdown would be double top, breakout would be a failed L2, chances are good the low was in today. Let's wait and see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BBFinance

Post by BBFinance »

Also, Cobra's blog is the only blog in my blog roll. That much I value his work.
luckystar2006

Post by luckystar2006 »

Even Market Analysts (not those Equity Analysts) working at large financial institutions make immature/bad calls sometimes. Look, they get paid by their firm with high salary + bonus; while we get it for free from Cobra. Like alvian33 said, he rocks.
I've been a MOMENTUM trader over a decade & I only trade setups ranging from scalping, day or swing trading for living. My posts on here are ONLY FOR FUN & therefore not recommending anything to anyone. GLTA.