Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Me XMan

Re: 07/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Me XMan »

TTTTTIIIIMMMMMMMBBBBBBEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Sqwii wrote:I'm calling for some real PANIC over the next few days.... especially Friday could be really bearish as people afraid of EU stress test....
cheech

Post by cheech »

I may be rude but I am also not stupid. Please read this post that I made at the exact market top on 7/7. Please focus on the last sentence especially.

Would you rather have rudeness that makes you money or politeness that causes you to lose? I'm done with this forum. Waste.
Cheech wrote:
StrikePrice wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Agnosia: "this is the euphoria stage of this rally... the final stage in the bull run."

Brother, I think you're dead right. Feels like 2000 and 2007, all over, to me. Wacky stuff.
Feelings don't make money. Quantitative research does. Like to hear about that more.
I actually disagree strongly that this is anything like 2007. While I remain bearish (just because I have guarantees of lower prices from the banks on the markets), there is really no comparison. Sentiment is far more bearish right now than it ever was in 2007, so I think there's a decent chance the market powers on even higher after we finish this consolidation phase. The thing I'm not convinced of, like other bulls on this forum, is that the consolidation/correction phase is over and that we're ready for a big rally that lasts. This action here has all the markings of a rally that is bound to collapse right where it started, so it makes more sense to short and collect profits on the difference, then buy back lower on the re-test. I mean, hey, congratulations to the bulls who rode it this high, but we all play different games in the market and have different strategies. There's a good chance some of the same bulls will be buying dips and getting stopped out all the way down until they turn into bears again...right at the next low.
Last edited by cheech on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sqwii

Post by Sqwii »

Everytime markets had a plunge into close or most of the times a big red day next - I think we gonna have some really ugliness thursday/friday.... look at SMH how low they are.. near june lows..

I guess we could see at least 1295-1300 , if that is taken out , 1230 next imo
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote: the sudden 3 point crash at 3 o'clock seems bots selling to me. cannot be big news like qe that the market is fully acknowledge of. i check tick by tick and i think i see large imbalance in down tick vs up. not sure how to use this info. just thinking loud here.
wow i think i can call a break down now. no much def in this area, not even daily pivot at 1310. we may see 1302-03 soon. god knows.
the market is fishy at this moment. i will just watch but not trade it.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
cc2265

Post by cc2265 »

Are you still trading UNG? any edge? thanks.
BullBear52x wrote:I was expecting recent low not today, afraid I'll switch side? :lol: :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: checking out.

be kind to one another snakes.
oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

Cobra: The spy daily Stochastic is almost bottomed. The down trend should be near end. Maybe it will form a golden cross tomorrow, the up trend should start.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

one more words: those who're very experienced here should know, right or wrong doesn't matter as long as you control your losses and switch faster to the right side. So I admit I was wrong and cut loss and switched the side, that's what I think is the right thing to do and really matters. So hopefully you all understand how I trade and how I call.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
bbc

Post by bbc »

cheech wrote:I may be rude but I am also not stupid. Please read this post that I made at the exact market top on 7/7. Please focus on the last sentence especially.

Would you rather have rudeness that makes you money or politeness that causes you to lose? I'm done with this forum. Waste.
Cheech wrote:
StrikePrice wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Agnosia: "this is the euphoria stage of this rally... the final stage in the bull run."

Brother, I think you're dead right. Feels like 2000 and 2007, all over, to me. Wacky stuff.
Feelings don't make money. Quantitative research does. Like to hear about that more.
I actually disagree strongly that this is anything like 2007. While I remain bearish (just because I have guarantees of lower prices from the banks on the markets), there is really no comparison. Sentiment is far more bearish right now than it ever was in 2007, so I think there's a decent chance the market powers on even higher after we finish this consolidation phase. The thing I'm not convinced of, like other bulls on this forum, is that the consolidation/correction phase is over and that we're ready for a big rally that lasts. This action here has all the markings of a rally that is bound to collapse right where it started, so it makes more sense to short and collect profits on the difference, then buy back lower on the re-test. I mean, hey, congratulations to the bulls who rode it this high, but we all play different games in the market and have different strategies. There's a good chance some of the same bulls will be buying dips and getting stopped out all the way down until they turn into bears again...right at the next low.
you think you are the only one smart here? Orz
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

If anyone paid attention to the PDF I posted yesterday would see that if things stay how they are right here with SPX and VIX then a GREEN day at close tomorrow. I won't say guarantee because I'm not almighty Cheech.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

This candlestick chart is pointing to a gravestone doji or shooting star (again) for tomorrow. I think we get very strong down day tomorrow, if we end this way, today. Given the tremendous ambiguity in technicals these days, the candles have provided a lot of comfort. :)
Attachments
sc.png
sc.png (8.88 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Last edited by Anaconda on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Overseas markets gave US a gap up on yesterday's poor performance. I'm not sure they're gonna be so kind for a second day. Image
Twitter @jackwag0n
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Cobra wrote:one more words: those who're very experienced here should know, right or wrong doesn't matter as long as you control your losses and switch faster to the right side. So I admit I was wrong and cut loss and switched the side, that's what I think is the right thing to do and really matters. So hopefully you all understand how I trade and how I call.
Wise words. I must confess thats a little bit dificult for me doing this...
soku

Post by soku »

soku wrote:
soku wrote: the sudden 3 point crash at 3 o'clock seems bots selling to me. cannot be big news like qe that the market is fully acknowledge of. i check tick by tick and i think i see large imbalance in down tick vs up. not sure how to use this info. just thinking loud here.
wow i think i can call a break down now. no much def in this area, not even daily pivot at 1310. we may see 1302-03 soon. god knows.
the market is fishy at this moment. i will just watch but not trade it.
oops i read the chart wrong. in between 1307.5-1309.5 parked couple heavy battle zone from yesterday. they coup with 1310 pivot, could serve as short term support.
again not my type of tea. i am not trading it.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

cheech wrote:I may be rude but I am also not stupid. Please read this post that I made at the exact market top on 7/7. Please focus on the last sentence especially.

Cheech wrote:
StrikePrice wrote:

I think we have different style. I may not agree with your method because it didn't work for me but at least I don't comment your way as poor or something. Please, although I'm from Mars, but like you Earth people, I still don't like be criticized, especially my way was proven right most of the times.

Take the recent case as an example, I knew you were bearish and when I was bullish, you laughed at it, but the fact is, when the market was up, I rode that wave up and when the market was down I rode the wave down also. You on the other hand may have rode the wave down nicely and had more profit than me on the wave down but at least I have the profit for riding the wave up, so add 2 profits together, I may not earn too less than you, right? From my many years of experiences, I've learnt never insist whatever I believe the market would do and that's why I strictly follow which to me is the best way. But of course, you have you own way and maybe the best but it's not my way after all, so may not be the best for me.

guelder_rose

Post by guelder_rose »

but tomorrow is very bullish Thursday!
soku

Post by soku »

no fighting, just trading, ok
anybody trade silver? i think it may break out soon. it is kinda strange gold made new high while silver no following
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, I guess that's it for today. the daily chart doesn't look good, so the market may fulfill my call for a lower close first. Anyway, I need dig more to make my next call. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

bbc

Post by bbc »

Petsamo wrote:Overseas markets gave US a gap up on yesterday's poor performance. I'm not sure they're gonna be so kind for a second day. Image

I would not think so, in my opinion, claims, JPM ER in the morning are the keys for tomorrow. whisper number beats a bit.
dmid

Post by dmid »

soku wrote:no fighting, just trading, ok
anybody trade silver? i think it may break out soon. it is kinda strange gold made new high while silver no following
i dont think it will break down before next week.... and market go up next two days...
q2model

Post by q2model »

Cobra wrote:well, I guess that's it for today. the daily chart doesn't look good, so the market may fulfill my call for a lower close first. Anyway, I need dig more to make my next call. Thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

Thank you.