Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/13/2011 Intraday Watering

rhight

Re: 07/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by rhight »

divideby9 wrote:Full Moon – July 15, 06:40 Interested to see that updated moon phase chart if possible...
OK, I will indulge you. Actually, I hadn't updated it until this moment, because I don't trade moon cycles, but it is a curiousity, a may have some bearing on the immediate future, emphasis on "may".
Last edited by rhight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
ccash04

Post by ccash04 »

TLT.JPG
You will note TLT is very close from another b/o.
soku

Post by soku »

cougar wrote:
soku wrote:
BillyRipken wrote:Cheech = Cletus
u think so? the cletus guy was wrong from time to time but he at least gave trading signals ahead of time.
not the cheech guy. so far i only remember he is the only commodity trader who never check news. he front-ran one ng inventory and got right, then he's kinda lost in his mind.
But Cheech got the oil direction wrong yesterday morning. When I bought USO calls I was so scared of trading against his market views, that I posted here how worried I was to trade against HIM and even added: “…I am probably toast”. But I wasn’t toast... Neither were several other people here who were long oil…and Cheech was wrong….
But that’s alright …even cowgirls get the blues and even Cheech can be wrong! LOL!
I don't like to post that ...but I think that I should, considering what just happened...
lol one thing cletus and cheech in common is they both eager to be right, or be recognized as "right".
Last edited by soku on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

lets see if critical 1313 pivot holds.
bbc

Post by bbc »

cougar wrote:
soku wrote:
BillyRipken wrote:Cheech = Cletus
u think so? the cletus guy was wrong from time to time but he at least gave trading signals ahead of time.
not the cheech guy. so far i only remember he is the only commodity trader who never check news. he front-ran one ng inventory and got right, then he's kinda lost in his mind.
But Cheech got the oil direction wrong yesterday morning. When I bought USO calls I was so scared of trading against his market views, that I posted here how worried I was to trade against HIM and even added: “…I am probably toast”. But I wasn’t toast... Neither were several other people here who were long oil…and Cheech was wrong….
But that’s alright …even cowgirls get the blues and even Cheech can be wrong! LOL!
I don,t like to post that ...but I think that I should, considering what just happened...

IMO, entry one day or less before Wednesday report is gambling for CL. Thursday for NG. These numbers are unpredictable, and there still a lot of momentum minutes after the data.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

agnosia wrote:
Me XMan wrote:Greece and Italy defaulting?

Damn QE2.5 won't do anything good.
soku wrote:any idea on the sudden crash? it may break my bottoming pattern.
traders realize QE3 won't be started unless the market weakens, so they will weaken it :)
I think you got it right. There's a script which has to be followed. Same one as QE1, QE2, QE2.5 and now, QE3.
rhight

Post by rhight »

rhight wrote:
divideby9 wrote:Full Moon – July 15, 06:40 Interested to see that updated moon phase chart if possible...
OK, I will indulge you. Actually, I hadn't updated it until this moment, because I don't trade moon cycles, but it is a curiousity, a may have some bearing on the immediate future, emphasis on "may".
BTW - Francis Bussiere has public charts on StockCharts.com
They are beautiful and a whole different way of looking at things. Quite original IMO.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I was expecting recent low not today, afraid I'll switch side? :lol: :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted: checking out.

be kind to one another snakes.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
cougar

Post by cougar »

rhight wrote:Cougar :
Some essentials of the SPX geometry are on the chart below, which is actually an udate. I like it because, on it, the 1x1 time/price line of the Large Gann Fan is “real” since it has an m=1. It is probably the same line that some other people here have noticed as a long-term support line. More recently, a smaller imbedded Gann Fan, with its origin at the 07/01/2010 low, is also useful.
Hopefully, this chart can be useful to other people too..
Nice chart. I've read about Gann, but haven't used the principles for investing. Here is a screen shot of a trend slope calculator I implemented in excel, and note that the trend slope = 1.03, very close to the Gann ideal.
Very nice "rhight"! You are a serious guy! Thanks!
cheech

Post by cheech »

soku wrote: But Cheech got the oil direction wrong yesterday morning. When I bought USO calls I was so scared of trading against his market views, that I posted here how worried I was to trade against HIM and even added: “…I am probably toast”. But I wasn’t toast... Neither were several other people here who were long oil…and Cheech was wrong….
I don,t like to post that ...but I think that I should, considering what just happened...
Oil is going down. Yes, made a small pop, but in the big picture, not significant to me. Who is cletus?
Last edited by cheech on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soku

Post by soku »

Anaconda wrote:
agnosia wrote:
Me XMan wrote:Greece and Italy defaulting?

Damn QE2.5 won't do anything good.
soku wrote:any idea on the sudden crash? it may break my bottoming pattern.
traders realize QE3 won't be started unless the market weakens, so they will weaken it :)
I think you got it right. There's a script which has to be followed. Same one as QE1, QE2, QE2.5 and now, QE3.
the sudden 3 point crash at 3 o'clock seems bots selling to me. cannot be big news like qe that the market is fully acknowledge of. i check tick by tick and i think i see large imbalance in down tick vs up. not sure how to use this info. just thinking loud here.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

Anaconda wrote:
yep, i like to think of it as wall st taking the market hostage until their ransom, in this case QE, is paid. lol.
luckystar2006

Post by luckystar2006 »

Squeezing BB on VIX is going to break soon. Which direction breaking out is beyond my speculation. My short-term signals still don't show any sign to short this market yet.
I've been a MOMENTUM trader over a decade & I only trade setups ranging from scalping, day or swing trading for living. My posts on here are ONLY FOR FUN & therefore not recommending anything to anyone. GLTA.
PRI

Post by PRI »

cheech wrote:
soku wrote: But Cheech got the oil direction wrong yesterday morning. When I bought USO calls I was so scared of trading against his market views, that I posted here how worried I was to trade against HIM and even added: “…I am probably toast”. But I wasn’t toast... Neither were several other people here who were long oil…and Cheech was wrong….
Oil is going down. Yes, made a small pop, but in the big picture, not significant to me. Who is cletus?
Oddly, given all the posts regarding your rudeness, rather than offering an apology to our host you respond to the
the one that calls you out on a trade.
You need an ego and an etiquette check.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

cheech wrote:
a small pop??? oil has rallied almost 10$ for the past couple of weeks. one contract is 1K per $1, so you're saying 10K is not significant?
Sqwii

Post by Sqwii »

I'm calling for some real PANIC over the next few days.... especially Friday could be really bearish as people afraid of EU stress test....
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

PRI wrote:
Oddly, given all the posts regarding your rudeness, rather than offering an apology to our host you respond to the
the one that calls you out on a trade.
You need an ego and an etiquette check.
you're right, i'm sorry i even replied to him !!
oldpigwang

Post by oldpigwang »

My profit on fas Put today, should be Croba's credit.
Since Cobra's already said at openning: higher high, close lower.
And range bound mkt.
Thanks Cobra.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

Sqwii wrote:I'm calling for some real PANIC over the next few days.... especially Friday could be really bearish as people afraid of EU stress test....
everyone knows those stress tests are rigged... hell they won't even test the case of greek default...

there is an italian bond auction tmrw, people will be watching this. very critical. but this may also be rigged because ECB may buy bonds if nobody else does.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I was out of syn of the market this whole afternoon, right now no idea what's the market is doing. I admit I might be wrong for calling 2 legged up, so I cut the loss with my today's long and shorted on breakdown, hopefully I could be right this time. Anyway, no argue right or wrong. I strictly follow, I try not to be smart than the market itself, so sometimes the trade does seem stupid. The bottom line, if we close right here, the daily chart doesn't look good, but until the previous low decisively broken, it's still hard to say whether the rebound was failed.

Global ES, on the other hand, does look like a 3 push up was over though...
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.