Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/14/2011 Intraday Watering

Anaconda

Re: 07/14/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Anaconda »

agnosia wrote:hey guys just wanted to post a chart since i find cobra's especially useful. here is my hourly chart , i use 10/20 ema cross for buy and close above 60ema for buy confirmation. i have labeled my confirmed buy/sells .
Good day's work today. I covered half my short and have moved my stop loss to 96.50. Don't think we'll bounce back to that. Still expect to get to 94 soon.
A.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

These politicans still talking and they gonna tank the market. :lol:
Finger pointing and no solutions as usual.
Last edited by Me XMan on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

still back testing. hard to call, as anytime testing the previous extremes, there's a chance for reversal, so let's wait and see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Michelle wrote:Using Stock Charts, you can go to "Overlays", click on pivot points and type d beside of it for Demark Pivots, then below click pivot points, and type f beside of it for Fibonacci, then below click on pivot points and leave blank. Good way to find buy and sell points.

Couple that with pivot point calculator to find daily, weekly, monthly pivots, you can find clusters of conluence areas that work well.

Thanks for the tip michelle! I actually just tried to do this and I usuall use freestockcharts.com which I love@!!!! the problem is I end up adding so many moving averages ( 5,10 , 20, 50, 55, 100 , etc ) and coupled wth pivot points d and f , i get super confused sometimes as to where to buy and sell because it seems like if i buy at point a , then point b is the next resistance level (be it a MA , fib point, pivot point , etc) and so it always seems like a v v short (intraday ) trade. of course there are many setups i play for swings on a daily and weekly basis especial;ly when its super obvious.

but if anyone has any tips on how to avoid getting so confused with 1 million support and resistance points, any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D
soku

Post by soku »

Michelle wrote:Using Stock Charts, you can go to "Overlays", click on pivot points and type d beside of it for Demark Pivots, then below click pivot points, and type f beside of it for Fibonacci, then below click on pivot points and leave blank. Good way to find buy and sell points.

Couple that with pivot point calculator to find daily, weekly, monthly pivots, you can find clusters of conluence areas that work well.
cool.
Attachments
pivot.png
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

Anaconda wrote:
agnosia wrote:hey guys just wanted to post a chart since i find cobra's especially useful. here is my hourly chart , i use 10/20 ema cross for buy and close above 60ema for buy confirmation. i have labeled my confirmed buy/sells .
Good day's work today. I covered half my short and have moved my stop loss to 96.50. Don't think we'll bounce back to that. Still expect to get to 94 soon.
A.
nice. yeah it's a tough call, we have triangle consolidation with rising 200/20sma daily support, so we could see a bounce back up to 98ish.. lots of headline risk so it's a 50/50 at this point on direction. weekly pivot is 96.65 so your stop is right at the critical area... i am on a sell right now but flat.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

GOOG tanking ....... wonder if they already know.....
up666

Post by up666 »

Thanks, agnosia. How do you set your stop and when do you take profit?
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

AK84 wrote: but if anyone has any tips on how to avoid getting so confused with 1 million support and resistance points, any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D
analysis paralysis.. lol. most charts posted on this board are loaded with so many technical indicators i dunno how you guys trade :)
AK84

Post by AK84 »

agnosia wrote:
AK84 wrote: but if anyone has any tips on how to avoid getting so confused with 1 million support and resistance points, any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D
analysis paralysis.. lol. most charts posted on this board are loaded with so many technical indicators i dunno how you guys trade :)

u should see the amount of trendlines and crazy averages i have on my charts in freestockcharts.com ....i get so confused myself sometimes with my own creations ...haha! but ill take money when it comes...coz if i get greedy........then i get a doseage of the HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW theme of life! :S
lilitulip

Post by lilitulip »

Hello Cobra, on bigger picture, more down ahead? thanks
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lilitulip wrote:Hello Cobra, on bigger picture, more down ahead? thanks
possibly assuming we close right here with no last minutes sharp reversal up.

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

My best guess from now until expiration, Guessing here.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

up666 wrote:

Thanks, agnosia. How do you set your stop and when do you take profit?
Well this is only part of my system :) it works when my trendlines and other analysis using pivots and gaps all come together. When all of these other things align the 10/20ema cross is where i go long and the LOD or HOD is stop. Once a cross up or down of the 60ema and i add to my position. My profit targets are usually based around gaps and pivot targets.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Thanks for the tip michelle! I actually just tried to do this and I usuall use freestockcharts.com which I love@!!!! the problem is I end up adding so many moving averages ( 5,10 , 20, 50, 55, 100 , etc ) and coupled wth pivot points d and f , i get super confused sometimes as to where to buy and sell because it seems like if i buy at point a , then point b is the next resistance level (be it a MA , fib point, pivot point , etc) and so it always seems like a v v short (intraday ) trade. of course there are many setups i play for swings on a daily and weekly basis especial;ly when its super obvious.

but if anyone has any tips on how to avoid getting so confused with 1 million support and resistance points, any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D
You're welcome. I know what you mean about so much on your chart.....it's hard to look at sometimes. I find that the most successful trades happen at confluence areas because they provide strong support or resistance.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

AK84 wrote:
agnosia wrote:

u should see the amount of trendlines and crazy averages i have on my charts in freestockcharts.com ....i get so confused myself sometimes with my own creations ...haha! but ill take money when it comes...coz if i get greedy........then i get a doseage of the HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW theme of life! :S
my beloved freestockcharts.com has all my Swing Charts and trendlines. what do you think is the issue? Could the BATS exchange decide to stop feeding them data?

having to use my thinkorswim account which i don't like to chart on nearly as much as freestockcharts. Has anyone talk to Worden?
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

AK84 wrote: i get so confused myself sometimes with my own creations ...haha!
lol.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trend line, still no idea about what the market is doing.
Attachments
1.png

jamesmith

Post by jamesmith »

Cobra wrote:trend line, still no idea about what the market is doing.
i thought this is a buy entry :o :shock: :? :oops:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

jamesmith wrote:
Cobra wrote:trend line, still no idea about what the market is doing.
i thought this is a buy entry :o :shock: :? :oops:
too late, it was good for scalp at 3:10pm bar because it's the back test and volume surge on the last big red bar so could be an exhaustion bar. so the next H1 is risk buy, if lucky enough then you bought at the very bottom but doesn't look like so now as you have to cash out long time ago and now the breakeven stop loss might be hit as well.
Attachments
1.png