Post by te_fern »

Tick looks to be rolling over....
Attachments
Tick.PNG
This is not investment or trade advice.
daytradingES

Re: 06/26/2017 Live Update

Post by daytradingES »

Trades with cats wrote: Tech- British press saying over half of all online advertising clicks are from click farms. With three of the FANGs dependent on that I think we will never see follow up in the American press
except as 'fake news'
Hi TwC

Does this mean advertisers are getting billed rates 2x higher than they should be?
DO the Fangs secretly run the click farms and bilk the advertisers?

Not being cynical but as they know your IP machine ID and GPS and your face recognition, and size of your underwear, certainly Google could screen out bad clicks from the count if they wanted to?
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Nice pull back on the levered smalls, now lets see if its a range day and perhaps a short term trade appear....
Attachments
TNA 1 Minutes.PNG
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

And just like that we are back into last week's range. This could start looking like a double top if they aren't careful. Maybe the housing numbers later in the week or Chair Yellen's speech if they can generate enough shorts to squeeze for a new all time high.
cletus

Post by cletus »

Where has the market gone since the VIX has been hitting 9? NOWHERE. That's because it is a statistical certainty that volatility will rise and that stocks will likely fall, and not just a little, quite a bit. Can't believe people are taking risk buying in under these extraordinarily risky times.
Trades with cats

Click farms- It is people like Cobra that have the incentive as they get paid and Google and Facebook get paid. Amazon keeps growing their cloud businesses and internet business solutions. So why would Facebook want to admit again if they are charging advertisers for bots clicking on ads. If their stock pulls back hard the tech infrastructure and all that investment money pulls back with it. Saw a picture a couple of weeks ago on one of those 'fake news' sites of a chinese click farm. Racks and racks of cell phones all wired into the computers.
fehro

Post by fehro »

fehro wrote:
fehro wrote:
fehro wrote:nibble short.. mind the index morning gaps… TLT nears upper edge of open gap of 130.. looking for a possible tag, indexes up , bonds up.. someone is lying :roll:
QQQ nLOD, red, gap fill.. SPY nLOD :)
SPX looses 2433 level aka 20d 2433.40 .. look out below BIG time… NDX<20d SMA, COMPQ on it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.11.24 AM.png
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

Trades with cats wrote:Click farms- It is people like Cobra that have the incentive as they get paid and Google and Facebook get paid. Amazon keeps growing their cloud businesses and internet business solutions. So why would Facebook want to admit again if they are charging advertisers for bots clicking on ads. If their stock pulls back hard the tech infrastructure and all that investment money pulls back with it. Saw a picture a couple of weeks ago on one of those 'fake news' sites of a chinese click farm. Racks and racks of cell phones all wired into the computers.
There's other ways of getting a good picture of how many people use things like Amazon and Facebook. They probably will just stop using clicks.
bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
Trades with cats

ES both the 10 day and 20 day Average Daily Range is at 12.25 points so 2435.25 is the average bottom, right on top of Friday's close. So a normal day would just head back up to tag VWAP (2441) from here and then bounce around. But this is a much faster pull back than last Monday, it almost has a whiff of bear scent. :lol:
fehro

Post by fehro »

DellGriffith wrote:
Trades with cats wrote:Click farms- It is people like Cobra that have the incentive as they get paid and Google and Facebook get paid. Amazon keeps growing their cloud businesses and internet business solutions. So why would Facebook want to admit again if they are charging advertisers for bots clicking on ads. If their stock pulls back hard the tech infrastructure and all that investment money pulls back with it. Saw a picture a couple of weeks ago on one of those 'fake news' sites of a chinese click farm. Racks and racks of cell phones all wired into the computers.
There's other ways of getting a good picture of how many people use things like Amazon and Facebook. They probably will just stop using clicks.
one day FB = Enron.. clicks a virtual metric.
Trades with cats

Dell, my understanding is that Facebook gets paid by the advertisers for each time someone clicks on their ads. They then give the website owner a cut. So the only people concerned about bot clicks are Procter and Gamble, everybody else gets a cut. So if your site traffic is high enough and the farms charge less than you get paid by Google Cobra's evil twin is incentivised to cheat. As long as the advertisers tolerate it no one cares, but at some level of fraud watch out below. And I would add that television/cable and the print media will be all over this IF they see blood in the water but you gotta be real careful going after an entire industry that has huge amounts of resources and connections.
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

I dunno if this means I'm autistic or what but with my current trading system, I set a alert in Outlook that pops up and tells me to check the market. when it does, I run my market checks real quick and set it to snooze for 5 minutes. I enter the important numbers into a text file and keep a running log (because wrote learning is surprisingly powerful. Just the act of entering the numbers by hand helps me focus a ton and see what is going on that I'd otherwise miss). If the numbers aren't anywhere close to a buy or sell signal, I just glance at the market and hit snooze for 5 minutes.

Some days I'm glancing for hours and maybe entering a handful of numbers. Other days its like a battle and I'm entering stuff every 5 minutes all day.

At any rate, my trading skills are absolutely incredible since I started doing this.
bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
Trades with cats

Junk bonds and oil, UBS has some answers http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... has-answer
Spoiler alert- Drillers cleaned up their balance sheets so that's why bonds haven't tanked with oil this time. WARNING UBS says 40 oil and we will see bonds take a hit.
Hedge funds think prices will keep falling https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDP96nUWsAAG-CD.jpgImage
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

maybe range low was reached.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

TF 09-17 (350 Tick)  6_26_2017.jpg
Smalls following the game plan, back to VWAP which is just at the standard tipping point on the Fib retracements. Those big raspberry lines are the Average Daily Range target bands. They seem to work well when we have a big move, like today.
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Instead of smalls, took a long position in the bios. Tight stop....
Attachments
LABU 1 Minute.PNG
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

Trades with cats wrote:... As long as the advertisers tolerate it no one cares, but at some level of fraud watch out below. And I would add that television/cable and the print media will be all over this IF they see blood in the water but you gotta be real careful going after an entire industry that has huge amounts of resources and connections.
Some level of fraud..
this story Dec last year - haven't seen any further updates - so I guess you are right, no one cares

The pay off is even better than my daytrading efforts.. :lol:

"200 million to 300 million fake impressions per day generated between $3 million and $5 million per day"

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/20/cyber-fi ... isers.html

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

Smalls stuck between Friday's high and VWAP. ES Reversing at VWAP. No clue as to what happens next. Normal would be bounce around in a range and slowly drift up but if this is a Deja Vue Monday than we should slowly drift down.