Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

soku

Re: 08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by soku »

Cobra wrote: How much is Ned Davis services?
wow, rich guy cobra is going to hammer it! just don't forget to share. :D i think i recognize this name. i may read one of his book b4. i will check it when i go back home.

covered my short at my target. i guess 1175-1180 area will be the range for rest of the day.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
rhight

Post by rhight »

Cobra wrote:
rhight wrote:
varaamo wrote:Many Thanks rhight for sharing this.

Does Ned Davis have any similar indicator for determining tops of this intermediate runs? Looks like you subscribing to Ned Davis newsletter or something? If so, can you please share the type of subscription to their research. On their website, i noticed there are bunch of them.
rhight wrote: The Ned Davis data set is from 1966 to 2005, the chart is labeled "New Highs Minus New Lows / Issues Traded -- Five Day Smoothing" in which they label this zone "So Bad It's Good". The text reads, "It shows a particularly strong positive result when the ratio declines to below -13.8%. Otherwise, the results are mixed."
No, no, no. Ned Davis is way outside my pay grade. The info comes from the text book mentioned, one that I have read cover to cover and can recommend as well written. As far as tops and bottoms go, I like to say that bottoms don't last long, but tops drag on forever (relatively speaking).
How much is Ned Davis services?
If you have to ask, then it's too much. :D Their website is curiously lacking in cost info. But, here is a recent quote of interest, "In 42 "severe corrections," drops of 15% or more, the S&P 500 has morphed into a bear market 60% of the time, NDR data going back to 1928 show. And the average decline in those bear markets was almost 36%." from USA Today
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
KENA

Post by KENA »

Out of all longs today.I may short spy with protective call.Small position befor close.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Did the Ascending Triangle turn into a Descending Triangle?
AK84

Post by AK84 »

Cobra,

Are you beraish or bullish for monday ?
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Unless we breakdown from here, the weekly hammer candle and below BB looks Bullish to me.
SigmaEcho

Post by SigmaEcho »

Vix Looks like triangle to break out top. Downgrade france this weekend?
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

Evening star? Buy volume petering out?
Attachments
sc.png
sc.png (8.18 KiB) Viewed 14769 times
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

AK84 wrote:Cobra,

no idea yet. Monday is bearish mostly recently.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

AK84 wrote:Cobra,

no idea yet. Monday is bearish mostly recently if we forget about Stock Trader's Almanac.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

If you have to ask, then it's too much.

LOL rhight. Cobra is very rich (and handsome).
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

so for today's expiration we are going to get pinned around
118 looks like then we may start our ascent and/or descent on monday :D
rhight

Post by rhight »

StrikePrice wrote:Unless we breakdown from here, the weekly hammer candle and below BB looks Bullish to me.
Agreed, the shadow looks convincing. Although, I'm looking back at the weekly chart for early 2008, and am not sure that we will see a 1 week pop up, or a multi week trend.
Last edited by rhight on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
wow, rich guy cobra is going to hammer it! just don't forget to share. :D i think i recognize this name. i may read one of his book b4. i will check it when i go back home.

covered my short at my target. i guess 1175-1180 area will be the range for rest of the day.
No, I won't buy, just curious about the price. There's an indicator, I saw, cost around $3,000 a year. I think it's too much so I've been always wondering is any other services that more expensive than this? Even an intraday comment like we're having here, some are charging $99 a month. If buy/sell signals are given, then it'd be $200 a month without images like I post frequently, it's merely a talk. I don't mean I want to charge for this board as I've made very clear that this board will be free. But sometimes I cannot help thinking that's so unfair as some paid services directly use my chart without giving me credit.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, I just hope the green line below could hold. we should all remember if this is an important bottom, today should be up and up and up disregarding anything indicators or news. but the fact is, we are not.
Attachments
1.png

KENA

Post by KENA »

Most of the major indexs that I follow are turning dn with some of them in the red..Not good.
yellowreign

Post by yellowreign »

Cobra wrote:
soku wrote:

No, I won't buy, just curious about the price. There's an indicator, I saw, cost around $3,000 a year. I think it's too much so I've been always wondering is any other services that more expensive than this? Even an intraday comment like we're having here, some are charging $99 a month. If buy/sell signals are given, then it'd be $200 a month without images like I post frequently, it's merely a talk. I don't mean I want to charge for this board as I've made very clear that this board will be free. But sometimes I cannot help thinking that's so unfair as some paid services directly use my chart without giving me credit.
Cobra, I'd be willing to pay, if I could know fairly close to real-time the trades that you make in your Short Term Demo Account.
ABCstock

Post by ABCstock »

Hi, Cobra: Is there anyway to put a water mark on your charts? In that way, everyone who see the chart will know you.
rhight

Post by rhight »

Cobra wrote:But sometimes I cannot help thinking that's so unfair as some paid services directly use my chart without giving me credit.
Agreed, you should be paid if someone uses your research, and then charges others for it. That would get me steamed :evil:
Usually trade SSO / SDS
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

Below is SPX 15 min chart, last few days. I don't see bearishness.

Twitter @jackwag0n