Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

BullBear52x

Re: 08/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by BullBear52x »

Cobra wrote:now it looks more and more like Ascending Triangle or a little worse case, Rectangle.
Whatever it is, my crystal ball now floating with the number 123 what is that???? that's 5$ more? no way.... :lol:
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

per my magic market, this looks more like a bear trap than anything else. I am soBIAS
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

rhight wrote:
soku wrote:
rhight wrote:Good morning Cobra and all,
Been on vacation. Entered a long position yesterday for a swing trade. Stop is below 1118. Hope to hold for a week or two.
we may have diff opinion, but i still like your chart. it explained 2 of my failed trades yesterday.
i think it will not break out the H-line around 1150, so i shorted and got stopped out. then i had another bet in the red box, betting for a back test of the break out. apparently the bo is strong and legitimate, and i have to say i didn't give full respect of.
I'm a swing (preferably position) trader, and so, if you are a day trader then our decisions may not match up. A few things to notice on the chart : TICK has been in an uptrend since 8/8, through the potential bottom. Yesterday, when you placed a short, TRIN was bullish and TICK was trending bullish. This combo I will not short. Notice the extremely high positive TICKs on 8/10 and 8/11, with negative TICK "only" reaching -1000 (it's all relative!). I interpreted this as "smart money" being put back to work. The red box is a statistical time & price window for an expected 60 min. cycle high based on the last 6 cycles measured with a 0.75 zig-zag filter. When price went clear through it (although it did hiccup on the way through) I interpret this as bullish. The blue box is the next expected 60 min. cycle low. From experience, if this is a new intermediate bull trend, then price may not touch it. The 50 DMA made a bear cross of the 200 DMA yesterday that may have long term implications, but the 200 DMA was rising, and is now flat, and price may have a chance at re-testing that area before a longer term down trend ensues. I'm including a chart of one indicator that supposedly has a good track record and has not triggered since March 2009 (see bottom of chart.) The idea comes from "Technical Analysis" Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist page 147. It triggered several times during the 2008 decline. The present May-August time may have a rough parallel to the 10/2007 to 01/2008 period, and so I'm cautiously long.

RHIGHT: Thank you for sharing your charts. Your bottom detector/ned davis/NYHLR:NYTOT was quite interesting, as well as your other charts. I'm going to study them more after the close.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

rhight,

Can u please verify this.
When you are are referring to the bottom indicator, is it the $NYHL:$NYTOT chart?

Thanks,

rhight wrote:
soku wrote:
Been on vacation. Entered a long position yesterday for a swing trade. Stop is below 1118. Hope to hold for a week or two.
we may have diff opinion, but i still like your chart. it explained 2 of my failed trades yesterday.
i think it will not break out the H-line around 1150, so i shorted and got stopped out. then i had another bet in the red box, betting for a back test of the break out. apparently the bo is strong and legitimate, and i have to say i didn't give full respect of.
I'm a swing (preferably position) trader, and so, if you are a day trader then our decisions may not match up. A few things to notice on the chart : TICK has been in an uptrend since 8/8, through the potential bottom. Yesterday, when you placed a short, TRIN was bullish and TICK was trending bullish. This combo I will not short. Notice the extremely high positive TICKs on 8/10 and 8/11, with negative TICK "only" reaching -1000 (it's all relative!). I interpreted this as "smart money" being put back to work. The red box is a statistical time & price window for an expected 60 min. cycle high based on the last 6 cycles measured with a 0.75 zig-zag filter. When price went clear through it (although it did hiccup on the way through) I interpret this as bullish. The blue box is the next expected 60 min. cycle low. From experience, if this is a new intermediate bull trend, then price may not touch it. The 50 DMA made a bear cross of the 200 DMA yesterday that may have long term implications, but the 200 DMA was rising, and is now flat, and price may have a chance at re-testing that area before a longer term down trend ensues. I'm including a chart of one indicator that supposedly has a good track record and has not triggered since March 2009 (see bottom of chart.) The idea comes from "Technical Analysis" Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist page 147. It triggered several times during the 2008 decline. The present May-August time may have a rough parallel to the 10/2007 to 01/2008 period, and so I'm cautiously long.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Did everybody leave for the Hamptons? If so we won't get the move to 122 or to 115 until Monday. Which means I'm just wasting my time watching this correction bore me to death.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

If we can get new HOD, that will translate to 3rd time is a charm from double top recent gap resistance. Only IF, I am in a good mood today too many coffee?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

here is the gap resistance I'm referring to, bulls must do it here or I will switch side :D
Attachments
spy.JPG
newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

i closed my shorts @ a loss. .so now we will go down :D
muktuk

Post by muktuk »

Thanks for the responses to my question from earlier today!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

This is where the patient is required.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:here is the gap resistance I'm referring to, bulls must do it here or I will switch side :D
BullBear: I show the top of the gap at 119.80 ish. Gap NOT filled yet. Failed twice today. Also corresponds to Cobra's resistance at the 200sma on the 15 min chart
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:here is the gap resistance I'm referring to, bulls must do it here or I will switch side :D
BullBear: I show the top of the gap at 119.80 ish. Gap NOT filled yet. Failed twice today. Also corresponds to Cobra's resistance at the 200sma on the 15 min chart
When we all agreed, that's when I worry the most.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Hello Mr. Volatility Squeeze. Where do you want to take us?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Yes, Bulls go to the bank again.
rhight

Post by rhight »

[quote="varaamo"]rhight,

When you are are referring to the bottom indicator, is it the $NYHL:$NYTOT chart?

Thanks,
Last edited by rhight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
thanos

Post by thanos »

love this drop in the VIX killing the premiums that i sold yesterday. SPX 'should' go back to 1205 area today or early Monday unless something else gets downgraded this weekend! :) My 'guess' is we hit 1206 then a retest of the lows again --- or we bottomed and off to the races we go.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Just for fun, watch this little flag for the fast and a furious move, up! :lol:
Attachments
spy.JPG
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

Many Thanks rhight for sharing this.

Does Ned Davis have any similar indicator for determining tops of this intermediate runs? Looks like you subscribing to Ned Davis newsletter or something? If so, can you please share the type of subscription to their research. On their website, i noticed there are bunch of them.

rhight wrote:
varaamo wrote:rhight,

Thanks,
rhight wrote:
soku wrote:
I'm including a chart of one indicator that supposedly has a good track record and has not triggered since March 2009 (see bottom of chart.) The idea comes from "Technical Analysis" Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist page 147. It triggered several times during the 2008 decline. The present May-August time may have a rough parallel to the 10/2007 to 01/2008 period, and so I'm cautiously long.
Yes, $NYHL:$NYTOT is the chart. I call it a "Bottom Detector" just to slap myself in the face, since I've missed so many good bottoms, if you know what I mean. Anyways, the Ned Davis data set is from 1966 to 2005, the chart is labeled "New Highs Minus New Lows / Issues Traded -- Five Day Smoothing" in which they label this zone "So Bad It's Good". The text reads, "It shows a particularly strong positive result when the ratio declines to below -13.8%. Otherwise, the results are mixed."
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Not good bulls, the fast and furious taking a wrong turn. :o
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

In looking at the 1 min chart, did we just get a signal to sell off?
Twitter @jackwag0n