10/18/2017 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 10/18/2017 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

the pullback will be bought.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Last night the SKEW hit 150.12 :shock:
(lots of folks buying OTM puts for protection)
FYI: the high for comparison was 154.34 on 3/17/17
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Skew I understand that pro money managers think people won't pay them to have their money in cash. Lance Roberts at realinvestmentadvice has related how when he got clients out before the last big sell-off they were upset about missing out on the last parabolic part of the rise and left him anyway. But BofA Merrill was relating how the major accounts have been selling equity for the last 8 to 10 weeks and we are in a retail investor lead phase. So it makes sense that the pro money is getting out if they can and buying insurance if they can't. So if they are wrong next leg up is when they redeploy the cash they are raising.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

Trades with cats wrote:Skew I understand that pro money managers think people won't pay them to have their money in cash. Lance Roberts at realinvestmentadvice has related how when he got clients out before the last big sell-off they were upset about missing out on the last parabolic part of the rise and left him anyway. But BofA Merrill was relating how the major accounts have been selling equity for the last 8 to 10 weeks and we are in a retail investor lead phase. So it makes sense that the pro money is getting out if they can and buying insurance if they can't. So if they are wrong next leg up is when they redeploy the cash they are raising.

watch skew relative to vix, and it's fairly insane...these levels calling for a good pullback over next 4-8 weeks...
Attachments
skew.gif
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

That skew/VIX chart is insane, I suppose part of that is the volatility repression in the marketplace, but even then it really shows how crazy this market has become.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Thursday tomorrow is the only weekday nowadays that still favors bears. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png