Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/11/2017 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

11/11/2017 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

SPY hasn't touched its weekly ema20 for 52 weeks, this is a new record. the previous record was 47 weeks. I think it has good chances to make another new record the next week.

It tells me 2 things:
  • Usually after a long time no touch, the very first touch would be bought as people finally can buy at 20 week average price. So bulls should have no worry for now.
  • No one can have no touch of moving average forever, so SPY should owe us a pullback.
5.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 11/11/2017 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

The statistics about SPY down 1 week.
Attachments
4.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

No stock picks for the next week, here's the latest strong stocks count.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2675

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Shall we “De-Risk” the portfolio?
What does that mean?
It means you sell your crap stuff like high-beta stocks and smalls and junky bonds, then you buy “”safer”” stuff like defensives and gold and etc. Then you buy a bunch of puts for protection.
If you walk down this series of charts, there is some evidence that “de-risking” has started...
1110de risk.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
flrtrader

Post by flrtrader »

I see a notable decline come over the next two weeks....

Thus the gyrations this week in equities,

The tax plan which has caused world wide rally is faltering... The Dems have not even began their attack which will be fierce and it has not even began but will in the next week I am thinking. This weeks drop was because the house and senate simply started speaking of different plans showing division in the ranks which for the bill to have (Any) chance of passing must be a united front. Then a hint that the newest plan would not give businesses relief until 2019! The market looks ahead 4-6 months and I think it is not liking what it see's.

This (Is) fact not news, or a news event... so it will be a sustained erosion in the coming weeks so buy the dips will not be my course of action this week coming. I think over the next several weeks we will see just the opposite as we have saw since Nov. 2016 I think 2592 spx will be a tuff nut to crack and very possibly a sweet spot for a swing short. A good trade might be a 249 spy target how ever one might choose to play that kind of move.

Today was the first warning sign of that as we should have closed much stronger, We would have at any point over the last year.

Then we have the news events that are in the back ground such as NK, Iran, and alot of other crap.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Art Hill's sector (and sub-sector) charts
http://stockcharts.com/articles/sharedc ... cc=1100285
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ALMANAC
"November Options Expiration Week..."
http://jeffhirsch.tumblr.com/post/16735 ... -djia-most