Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/17/2011 Intraday Watering

rola

Re: 08/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by rola »

The fact is that the close was in green!
Ninja Trader

Post by Ninja Trader »

Cobra, I am not proficient in candle pattern recongition as I am in other areas

any stats on an inside day followed by an inside day?

I recall seeing this type of price action in various books but unfortunately my Nison book is home today....

S&P avoided the red close by the skin of its teeth, lots of long lower shadows today on the 5 min candles, real battle going on here
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Ninja Trader wrote:Cobra, I am not proficient in candle pattern recongition as I am in other areas

any stats on an inside day followed by an inside day?

I recall seeing this type of price action in various books but unfortunately my Nison book is home today....

S&P avoided the red close by the skin of its teeth, lots of long lower shadows today on the 5 min candles, real battle going on here
it's not inside day but the black bar does look like a top of some kind is forming.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
v1stock.com

Post by v1stock.com »

i get a 20-25 day low to low
spy - low sept. 2nd to 5th

it may be higher than 120.00 but i will bet it is a better long set up - i am getting very few buy signals now.

spy
Day's Range: 118.72 - 121.20

8/16 low 118.31 - higher low, the trend is up
99er

Post by 99er »

ES
Back testing lower line of bearish Pennant.
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/es_457.html
The Hook

Post by The Hook »

GDXJ, SIL, SPY black bars
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

test
progruss

Post by progruss »

[quote="heavenskrow"]these are my charts...what do u guys think?
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16 ... ialar.png/]

Hi Heavenskrow,

Nice charts. My guess is that you are using log-scale graphs, which IMO defeats the purpose of using linear trends lines because those trend lines aren't also interpreted in log-scale. I struggled with this myself debating which type of graphs to use - I stick to non-log but would be interested to hear if anyone else sees any issue with this (log vs non-log)?

My basic point is that turning off log-scale would change the graph enough so those lines would not longer show the same touches, etc. Either way, thanks for sharing your charts!
Ninja Trader

Post by Ninja Trader »

re: log scale or not

you should always use log scale charts on anything you are charting over two years, I would never suggest an arithmetic chart for a period that long or longer. I have a fairly expansive library of technical texts, all of them state this fact. Further, they give earlier signals when it comes to trendlines, try it and you'll see for yourself. Not to mention, all important financial measures are quoted in percentages.

@cobra, 4:10

thanks, my eyes must have been fuzzy, at first glance it looked like an inside candle to me, I see now it is not
progruss

Post by progruss »

Ninja Trader wrote:re: log scale or not

you should always use log scale charts on anything you are charting over two years, I would never suggest an arithmetic chart for a period that long or longer. I have a fairly expansive library of technical texts, all of them state this fact. Further, they give earlier signals when it comes to trendlines, try it and you'll see for yourself. Not to mention, all important financial measures are quoted in percentages.
Thanks Ninja Trader!While it didn't make sense to me at first, I now agree with you. I realize now it is better for my trend lines to track % trends (e.g. 1% up every day) rather than $ trends (e.g. $1 up every day). I appreciate your input.