Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

01/12/2018 Live Update

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Got the lower high as in a legit double top, waiting for the lower low. VWAP at ES 2779 which is also 11:30 low, so clear support level. No rush to go short on a day like this! But going into the weekend at all time highs is scary for a long.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm

TWC just gave a great summary for this chart! :D
Attachments
SPX.PNG
te_fern
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 pm

pullback will be bought again.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41012
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 pm

Dr. Hussman lays it out, for your weekend reading. He has had an amazing record in surviving major bear markets. He flowdered around during the first part of this bull but has retooled his system and is now back in the game. He explains why he is neutral and what will make him go bearish. https://www.hussmanfunds.com/comment/mmc180101/
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 pm

INTRADAY
TNA breaks higher low, while miners get a HOD
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Triple top and two higher lows so far. Isn't this some sort of wedge pattern?
Anyway small caps off in their own world steadily lower since the morning high while tech has no double top, just a higher high. Sort of looks like we are back to normal without tight correlations.So if it was a buy everything or a monster short squeeze doesn't matter, it's over for now.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm

SUBMITTED FOR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
[WORK IN PROGRESS]
According to Bloomberg, the big guys “smart money” play very big AT THE CLOSE.
So I’m looking for a 1) spike up in price at the close (top panel), and 2) a spike in buy volume at the close (green panel) to suggest up next day.
If I don’t see buying at the close, it suggests no conviction for up next day.
Looks promising so far, with cyan boxes indicating fails…….. stay tuned….
Couple of notes:
1) analysis is based solely on price and volume at the close, and ignores the participation indices (nyadv, nydec, bottom panel) for the moment.
2) the 400-lines on NY volume are arbitrary numbers and may be changed.
3) bloomberg pegs this to INDU rather than SPX
112smart.png
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Al_Dente wrote:SUBMITTED FOR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
[WORK IN PROGRESS]
According to Bloomberg, the big guys “smart money” play very big AT THE CLOSE.
So I’m looking for a 1) spike up in price at the close (top panel), and 2) a spike in buy volume at the close (green panel) to suggest up next day.
If I don’t see buying at the close, it suggests no conviction for up next day.
Looks promising so far, with cyan boxes indicating fails…….. stay tuned….
Couple of notes:
1) analysis is based solely on price and volume at the close, and ignores the participation indices (nyadv, nydec, bottom panel) for the moment.
2) the 400-lines on NY volume are arbitrary numbers and may be changed.
3) bloomberg pegs this to INDU rather than SPX
112smart.png


Very interesting...
te_fern
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Well ETF ETN rebalancing is supposed to be a really large chunk of it. Makes sense that they wait for End of Day to sync up with the underlying. Another area is the last 15 minutes of the futures market from 4 to 4:15. Us little guys have to have enough cash to cover full exchange margin at 4 so for 1 car of the ES my margin requirement goes from around $500 to around $5300 so it is a safe bet the last 15 minutes are the pros only. On the days where your new system fails I would look to see if the Futures reversed the closing move.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Al_Dente wrote:AD is weaker today than yesterday
BUT NY bull volume = 2x bear volume

bull volume eases off to 1.5x, and that’s just not enough to support this +188 point dow
… whatever… well, it can change quickly.… oy
CURRENTLY:
NY advancing stocks = 1.0 x declining stocks (flat 1-to-1)
NY advancing volume = 1.5 x declining volume (not strong enough)
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 pm

OK quad top. Usually, according to Cobra the third or fourth time market won't stop. Could possibly maybe just barely be a special case today because we are talking about an all time high on Friday afternoon after two weeks of rapid relentless advances. So just maybe this thing has run out of gas for today. :lol:
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :o
Response from Norwegians (who are not in a shithole country)
"Why Would We Come?"
"Of course people from Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they're poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power."
[zh]
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Trades with cats wrote:Well ETF ETN rebalancing is supposed to be a really large chunk of it. Makes sense that they wait for End of Day to sync up with the underlying. Another area is the last 15 minutes of the futures market from 4 to 4:15. Us little guys have to have enough cash to cover full exchange margin at 4 so for 1 car of the ES my margin requirement goes from around $500 to around $5300 so it is a safe bet the last 15 minutes are the pros only. On the days where your new system fails I would look to see if the Futures reversed the closing move.

good points, thanks boss :D
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 pm

pullback, I mean the dent will be bought again.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41012
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Cobra wrote:pullback, I mean the dent will be bought again.


mind TLT VIX VXX all at HOD and green.. "may" see profit taking
fehro
 
Posts: 22868
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Week at a glance (~hour before the close)
Best performers here: discretionary (pink) and banks (red)
Worst performers here: most of the defensives

112week glance.png.png
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20739
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 pm

now 50% chances of double top here.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41012
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Daniel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm

UUP flirting w a fresh lod here.
This dollar index proxy ETF has been down over 1% today! That's a huge move for a major currency.
Daniel
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm

I have a dream.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41012
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 01/12/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

fehro wrote:
Cobra wrote:pullback, I mean the dent will be bought again.


mind TLT VIX VXX all at HOD and green.. "may" see profit taking


mind SPY's open gap for crazy close for the long weekend. :roll:
fehro
 
Posts: 22868
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests