Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 pm

cougar

:lol:

[My first smilie ever.]
User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

AK84 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Cobra wrote:trend line and EMA as resistance. the bigger picture looks like a Bull Flag, so the rebound is not over yet, just we have to wait for the flag breakout.


are we getting a breakout of the flag?


yes, now it's essential to see how the day high gets revisited. decisively breakout then the rebound is still alive. Small higher high or even lower high, then we'll see a little bigger pullback.



Cobra will you please let us know when the rebound is over for today and then the bigger picture please? I think I'll close all my longs today ....i dont plan on having any positions when the Bernank speaks. I'll sit out and wait : ) but just need to be able to close longs at a good spot today!

Thanks : )


maybe not a bad idea to partial profit when testing the morning high?

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46703
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby AK84 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm

C'monnnnnn bullllllllzzzzzzzzz!!!! Do something special today .....so I can have you for lunch on Fridayyyyy : )
AK84
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby AK84 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Cobra wrote:trend line and EMA as resistance. the bigger picture looks like a Bull Flag, so the rebound is not over yet, just we have to wait for the flag breakout.


are we getting a breakout of the flag?


yes, now it's essential to see how the day high gets revisited. decisively breakout then the rebound is still alive. Small higher high or even lower high, then we'll see a little bigger pullback.



Cobra will you please let us know when the rebound is over for today and then the bigger picture please? I think I'll close all my longs today ....i dont plan on having any positions when the Bernank speaks. I'll sit out and wait : ) but just need to be able to close longs at a good spot today!

Thanks : )


maybe not a bad idea to partial profit when testing the morning high?


Good idea!! What would we do without u !! :roll:
AK84
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby quientuves » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

That shows clearly how noob i am... right now for me is unbelieveable to go that high today... And that's why i get toasted every now and then... of course...
User avatar
quientuves
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Anaconda wrote:Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."


you got your touch of the 117.31/33 area.
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:26 pm

jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."


you got your touch of the 117.31/33 area.


Twice in one day... Sometimes even a blind squirrel...
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Anaconda wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."


you got your touch of the 117.31/33 area.


Twice in one day... Sometimes even a blind squirrel...


problem is a little stall-out, but it looks like it wants to go a little more...or does it?

where's that blind squirrel when you need it!? lol
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 pm

jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."


you got your touch of the 117.31/33 area.


Twice in one day... Sometimes even a blind squirrel...


problem is a little stall-out, but it looks like it wants to go a little more...or does it?

where's that blind squirrel when you need it!? lol


Still hunting for nuts. Big, meaty ones. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby cougar » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Excellent idea, Cobra! I sold UPRO - technical parabola exit ...and I will do my best to stay away from gambling long until the breakfast with “the Bernank in a bank”…i.e. Friday, when they leak the “text”.
It appears that the Chicken ate the Cougar! LOL!
Attachments
UPROgif.GIF
cougar
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby trader0303 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Anaconda wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Retrace to 117.30 'ish. Then...it's "Rio, here we come."


you got your touch of the 117.31/33 area.


Twice in one day... Sometimes even a blind squirrel...


problem is a little stall-out, but it looks like it wants to go a little more...or does it?

where's that blind squirrel when you need it!? lol


Still hunting for nuts. Big, meaty ones. :mrgreen:


I thought this was a family friendly message board? Now I understand your user name :lol:
User avatar
trader0303
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm

where's that blind squirrel when you need it!? lol[/quote]

Still hunting for nuts. Big, meaty ones. :mrgreen:[/quote]

I thought this was a family friendly message board? Now I understand your user name :lol:[/quote]

:oops: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Tripping the new trendline.
Attachments
gifsetfetch.asp.gif
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby shumushu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 pm

breadth is complete garbage today, no follow through to the upside or downside.
User avatar
shumushu
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm

nothing to see, on the way to test the day's high as I said before, could fail at any time not necessarily a higher high, but it also could be a decisively breakout, so hard to call here. let's just wait.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 46703
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 pm

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Just looking at some old charts and it occurred to me we've all commented on the unbelievably low volume ramps over the past months. Important to remember, bulls, that an absence of sellers (not an abundance of buyers), equates to a bear market rally. And that's precisely what the QE-enabled markets have been for the past two years. The new bear market is about to officially begin (once we get to 20% decline from the top).
A.
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/24/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby shumushu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Cobra, this AM. My father gave me a call and he said this " Some professional trader guy named Cobra said the SPX target is 1175" on Wenxuecity. He recommended I close my longs there. I was like !?!? can this be the same Cobra? so popular
User avatar
shumushu
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alandon, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Heck and 23 guests