Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

02/09/2018 Live Update

02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

    Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
    Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
    Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
    I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

possible double bottom
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 39630
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby JFR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am

SPY daily prior to today's open. 5 days of craziness. With a gap up coming.
Attachments
spy daily 20180208.png
User avatar
JFR
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am


Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 39630
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am

Cobra wrote:possible double bottom



"w bottom" target is +30points if /ES oHOD goes.. 2640ish fwiw.. "still an inside day for the SPX"

fwiw .. highly speculative (aka view at your own risk :roll: ) .. but not uncommon.. after huge moves .. triangles.. drives bears and bull insanes.. max pain "possibly" what I'm lookin for.. triangle short covering today for the weekend.. then choppy (next week) down mid next week as China's market close or up.. to take them offside (when closed)… 30m /ES Triangle.. continuation down .. or up and morh into a even larger bear flag during China Holidays 5 days closed markets, perfect for max pain.



fwiw.. we so far have lost about 50% of 2017 gains, off SPX and 5.3 Trillion dollars off world markets, and all world markets are -10% in correction modes
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 5.40.22 AM.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22345
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby JFR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am

Overnight gap up on YM, ES and NQ.
Attachments
2018-02-09_0632.png
User avatar
JFR
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby tim-follows » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 am

hello all, its been a few years since i traded...the regular wise sages still here, glad to see that

Can anyone check to see friday market behavior after a big down week?
My gut feeling is closing near open, (relatively speaking after this crazy week range....no backtesting yet, quick eye scan last 12 months suggests a more reasonable range trading day

Also, 60 minute bullish technical divergence, momentum etc on QQQ
and also SPY,

but no new lows for dow or russell...hmmm
Last edited by tim-follows on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim-follows
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Junior Buffett » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:51 am

fehro wrote:
Cobra wrote:possible double bottom



"w bottom" target is +30points if /ES oHOD goes.. 2640ish fwiw.. "still an inside day for the SPX"

fwiw .. highly speculative (aka view at your own risk :roll: ) .. but not uncommon.. after huge moves .. triangles.. drives bears and bull insanes.. max pain "possibly" what I'm lookin for.. triangle short covering today for the weekend.. then choppy (next week) down mid next week as China's market close or up.. to take them offside (when closed)… 30m /ES Triangle.. continuation down .. or up and morh into a even larger bear flag during China Holidays 5 days closed markets, perfect for max pain.



fwiw.. we so far have lost about 50% of 2017 gains, off SPX and 5.3 Trillion dollars off world markets, and all world markets are -10% in correction modes



Fehro, 2640 is not insane bull move, you think so?
User avatar
Junior Buffett
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:02 am

Since a Ninja Trader 8 upgrade ate all my indicators I am back to version 7 which means I do have daily range numbers. 10 day average is 61.25 ES points. OR low is 2594 plus 60 is 2656 so clearly 2660 is very possible today.
Gotta see 2630 broken first then move on up to 2690ish by Monday.
Down side, obviously 2580 then bottom at 2565.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 am


Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 39630
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 am

FuturesTrader 71 apologized for his kids on the morning youtube broadcast. 2 foot of snow in Chicago area with schools closed. Bring this up as I am guessing it could be contributing to this mornings lack of action.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 am

Looking like a test of the opening low.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

Junior Buffett wrote:
fehro wrote:
Cobra wrote:possible double bottom



"w bottom" target is +30points if /ES oHOD goes.. 2640ish fwiw.. "still an inside day for the SPX"

fwiw .. highly speculative (aka view at your own risk :roll: ) .. but not uncommon.. after huge moves .. triangles.. drives bears and bull insanes.. max pain "possibly" what I'm lookin for.. triangle short covering today for the weekend.. then choppy (next week) down mid next week as China's market close or up.. to take them offside (when closed)… 30m /ES Triangle.. continuation down .. or up and morh into a even larger bear flag during China Holidays 5 days closed markets, perfect for max pain.



fwiw.. we so far have lost about 50% of 2017 gains, off SPX and 5.3 Trillion dollars off world markets, and all world markets are -10% in correction modes



Fehro, 2640 is not insane bull move, you think so?


not really Crazy insane target is 2672…. still inside day.. for the upside.. crazy insane downside is 2533 … we still can have HUGE moves
fehro
 
Posts: 22345
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby tim-follows » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am

a trillion here a trillion there....its only a fed balance sheet adjustment
tim-follows
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am

March 26th is the official launch of the PetroYuan. I am assuming China is the worlds largest net consumer of oil, or if not yet it will be soon. This is going to just add to the difficulties trading CL and adding great arbitrage for the big boys. Three futures and three inventory locations if you can charter a tanker.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5212
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Junior Buffett » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 am

market is kind of stuck in the couple points range here since last hour or so...wonder what is it waiting for?? :roll:
User avatar
Junior Buffett
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 am

Put/Calls near extremes for the contrarian view.. too many bears..
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.36.07 AM.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22345
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 am

Junior Buffett wrote:market is kind of stuck in the couple points range here since last hour or so...wonder what is it waiting for?? :roll:


decay options.. VIX drifting down .. and super tight range.. options no likey :lol:
fehro
 
Posts: 22345
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

According to FactSet data, 96 of the S&P 500's components are in a bear market, meaning they are trading at least 20% below their 52-week high.
When it comes to a correction, or a 10% drop from a peak, the results are even more dramatic. Only 88 of the S&P 500's components are not in a correction, meaning more than four-fifths of the index are.
On a sector level, eight of the 11 primary S&P 500 industry groups are in correction territory, led by utilities
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearc ... S_SVC&sb=1
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 20007
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Junior Buffett » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

fehro wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:market is kind of stuck in the couple points range here since last hour or so...wonder what is it waiting for?? :roll:


decay options.. VIX drifting down .. and super tight range.. options no likey :lol:


looks like going to test 200 MA? or yesterday's low?
User avatar
Junior Buffett
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: 02/09/2018 Live Update

Postby tim-follows » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 am

maybe russell and dow make new lows, so they too setup a bullish momentum divergence like qqq and spy did yesterday (60min)
tim-follows
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am

Next

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron