Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

EvilTrader

Re: 08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by EvilTrader »

Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote: Everyone knows I love cobra and everyone else here!

Peace!
I like peace and beautiful women of course. :mrgreen:

Is ak84 a beautiful girl ?? :oops:

:lol: :lol:
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra . we short at the close BAC 80 % winning trade?
MajorEasy

Post by MajorEasy »

yesterday 2 posters said that their stops were swept up by the big guys.
when the "generals" (big guys) do this, i call it "running the stops".
to deal with this common problem.... set "buy" traps or "sell" traps at bol band limits,(use BB settings 8,1.8)
you'll be rewarded....
then, trade only in the direction of the long term trend....
don't counter-trend trade....
don't be greedy a small scalp is always better than a stop-loss...
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

too bad, wrong again, no rebound, it's just sold off. :D Anyway, my guess is this is the 3rd leg down, so it's key to see how the day low is being tested, let's wait.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

grachu wrote:cobra . we short at the close BAC 80 % winning trade?
no. no trade today, must breakdown below today's low tomorrow. otherwise will have to wait for the next setup depends on how tomorrow goes.

varaamo

Post by varaamo »

MajorEasy,

In what timeframes and instruments, does this BB settings work? 15 min /ES?

Thanks,
varaamo

MajorEasy wrote:yesterday 2 posters said that their stops were swept up by the big guys.
to deal with this common problem.... set "buy" traps or "sell" traps at bol band limits,(use BB settings 8,1.8)
you'll be rewarded....
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

volume surge, hopefully a rebound of some kind here.
Attachments
1.png

Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

Best day of the year for me, today, thanks to the phantom bar at the open. Still short. Will lighten up into the close, unless we touch 1155 SPX...then I stay for more. :mrgreen:
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

Congratulations Anaconda... Good trading :-)
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

MajorEasy,

What timeframe and instrument this BB settings work? 15 min /ES.

Thanks in advance,
varaamo
MajorEasy wrote:yesterday 2 posters said that their stops were swept up by the big guys.
you'll be rewarded....
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

varaamo wrote:Congratulations Anaconda... Good trading :-)
Thank you! Doesn't happen often enough.
GL.
A.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

varaamo wrote:cobra,

when you say breakdown below today's low, do you mean today's close < today's low. If so the 80% probability is only after that happens?

Thanks,
Cobra wrote:for BAC, my usual setup: assume we close here, doesn't matter anyway, breakdown below today's low is short, 80% chances it'd be a winning trade.
no matter how today closes, as long as tomorrow low is lower than today's low, it's short setup.

Hmm, I'm scared, seems you guys really want to take the trade. Pretend I didn't say anything please. Read the disclaimer at the bottom of this web site. :roll: :lol:

AK84

Post by AK84 »

EvilTrader wrote:
Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote: Everyone knows I love cobra and everyone else here!

Peace!
I like peace and beautiful women of course. :mrgreen:

Is ak84 a beautiful girl ?? :oops:

haha....If I were a girl ....I would be sitting with my sugar daddy while he traded and brought in the $$ (Canadian )

flrtrader

Post by flrtrader »

First post for me everyone! Howdy all.. It was just pionted out to me that we may hane another head and shoulders on the daily spx setting up. I'm screaming here found myself long here from yesterday... been away and just returned. :oops: Cobra any thought on tomorrow?
PLUNGE

Post by PLUNGE »

Unless someone knows what Bernanke will say tomorrow, I will stay flat. If he hints at some form of QE3, there will be a pop upward. Any other language will cause an immediate continuation of the down trend in equities.

So what will he say?
varaamo

Post by varaamo »

I am not taking any setups. And if i do, don't worry, won't hold you for any losses. :-) just trying to learn here.
But i am confused by your statement, "as long as tomorrow low is lower than today's low". Without knowing tomorrow's price action (i. tomorrow's low) how does it become a valid trade entry condition?

Cobra wrote:

when you say breakdown below today's low, do you mean today's close < today's low. If so the 80% probability is only after that happens?

Thanks,
Cobra wrote:for BAC, my usual setup: assume we close here, doesn't matter anyway, breakdown below today's low is short, 80% chances it'd be a winning trade.
no matter how today closes, as long as tomorrow low is lower than today's low, it's short setup.

Hmm, I'm scared, seems you guys really want to take the trade. Pretend I didn't say anything please. Read the disclaimer at the bottom of this web site. :roll: :lol:
pidge66

Post by pidge66 »

PLUNGE wrote:Unless someone knows what Bernanke will say tomorrow, I will stay flat. If he hints at some form of QE3, there will be a pop upward. Any other language will cause an immediate continuation of the down trend in equities.

So what will he say?
From the most flimsy to the most aggressive, here are 5 of the Fed’s options:

1. “We are also worried” – If the Fed opts to do nothing more than express their concern about the economy and give an ambiguous pledge to do all that is necessary, investors will be sorely disappointed.

2. Extends 2013 pledge to Securities Portfolio – When the Fed met earlier this month, they tweaked the extended language sentence of their FOMC statement to say that the Fed Funds rate would remain at exceptionally low levels at least through mid 2013. They can opt to extend this pledge to their securities portfolio which leaves open the door to QE3 without explicitly initiating it.

3. Operation Twist – The Fed could also bring back a tool used in the 1960s that twisted the yield curve by selling short term bonds and buying longer term bonds. This would drive short term yields up and long term yield down which effectively extends the maturity of their securities portfolio without increasing the balance sheet. This would be a more aggressive action than another language tweak (see #2).

4. Reduce Interest on Reserves to ZIRP – The central bank could also cut the interest paid on reserves from 0.25 percent to 0 percent or cut swap line rates in order to bring down the tremendous amount of liquidity.

5. Another Round of QE – The most aggressive options would be for the Fed to introduce another round of stimulus but given the level of inflation and the criticism of QE2, this option may be the least likely. One other possibility is inflation targeting but this “nuclear option” is so unlikely that it is not allocated its own category.

Source: http://www.kathylien.com/site/fed-rate- ... ds-options
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

flrtrader wrote:First post for me everyone! Howdy all.. It was just pionted out to me that we may hane another head and shoulders on the daily spx setting up. I'm screaming here found myself long here from yesterday... been away and just returned. :oops: Cobra any thought on tomorrow?
no QE3 for sure, just don't know how guys would react. :roll:

pidge66

Post by pidge66 »

Anaconda wrote:
varaamo wrote:Congratulations Anaconda... Good trading :-)
Thank you! Doesn't happen often enough.
GL.
A.
Congrats! Somehow I just don't get phantom candle on tradestation.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

varaamo wrote:I am not taking any setups. And if i do, don't worry, won't hold you for any losses. :-) just trying to learn here.
But i am confused by your statement, "as long as tomorrow low is lower than today's low". Without knowing tomorrow's price action (i. tomorrow's low) how does it become a valid trade entry condition?

Cobra wrote:

Thanks,
The setup is for tomorrow not for today. definitely no trade for today assume you're not DT.