Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

HF Traders must suffer

Postby mac769 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Indices up, gold up, commodities up, treasuries up

someone need to suffer....

because the correlation trade is kaputt right now
User avatar
mac769
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Tabby » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

pady wrote:From seekingalpha -

Goldman thinks QE3's arrival is a mere matter of time, given its belief that the FOMC's current GDP forecasts are too optimistic. It believes the Fed's QE3 asset purchases will be comparable in scope to its QE2 purchases, and expects them to be focused on long-term Treasurys (perhaps representing a form of "Operation Twist").


IMO, we will not have a QE3.
ANTICIPATION in QE3 can make the market higher. We were talking about 2.1T debt last week and losing our AAA credit score and market crash due to decrease in spending and increase in debt. Then here it was Jackson Hole and no news and market pushed higher in ANTICIPATION to QE3. We should KNOW by now that there will NOT be a QE3.
Tabby
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby AK84 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm

heavenskrow wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I think the bulls and the bears are going to be disappointed from today, regardless of the close. The turn in the market will occur tomorrow and Thursday.

yeah seriously.... im just wasting my time looking at the tape and Porn....lol...
sideways actions all day......zzzzzzzzzzzz....


"...and porn...." hahahahahahahah
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hilarious!
AK84
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

my guess is it won't breakout the day high, at least need some consolidation here. purely feelings, we'll see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Anaconda » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Still waiting for 122 SPY...then down.
User avatar
Anaconda
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby StrikePrice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Tabby wrote:
pady wrote:From seekingalpha -

Goldman thinks QE3's arrival is a mere matter of time, given its belief that the FOMC's current GDP forecasts are too optimistic. It believes the Fed's QE3 asset purchases will be comparable in scope to its QE2 purchases, and expects them to be focused on long-term Treasurys (perhaps representing a form of "Operation Twist").


IMO, we will not have a QE3.
ANTICIPATION in QE3 can make the market higher. We were talking about 2.1T debt last week and losing our AAA credit score and market crash due to decrease in spending and increase in debt. Then here it was Jackson Hole and no news and market pushed higher in ANTICIPATION to QE3. We should KNOW by now that there will NOT be a QE3.


As I see it QE3 was already announced. The Market is pricing it in. Of course it will never be CALLED QE3 but the low interest rates and assest purchases will not stop and maybe in September we'll get an announcement of additional buying. This is what the market has heard and is thinking...really not a question of if...only when...
StrikePrice
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby EvilTrader » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:52 pm

Cobra

today closing green would be very unusual isnt it ? :ugeek:

So, more likely an exhaustion of the recent rebound or a bull market ahead of us sooner rather than later ?
User avatar
EvilTrader
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby MajorEasy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 pm

sometimes the bond guys are smarter than the equity guys....
could up 2 bucks in TLT, be forcasting something?????
60 minute chart
Attachments
830 TLT.png
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
MajorEasy
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby pidge66 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:04 pm

The intraday chart reminds me of the "adam and eve" top someone mentioned the other day...
User avatar
pidge66
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm

MajorEasy wrote:sometimes the bond guys are smarter than the equity guys....
could up 2 bucks in TLT, be forcasting something?????
60 minute chart


yeah I planned to get long in bonds after the 123 target on spy..... =[ just a little more points...
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby nonabear » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Cobra,

If we close green today, do you see a gap up potential tomorrow?

Thanks.
nonabear
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Tabby » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm

StrikePrice wrote:
Tabby wrote:
pady wrote:From seekingalpha -

Goldman thinks QE3's arrival is a mere matter of time, given its belief that the FOMC's current GDP forecasts are too optimistic. It believes the Fed's QE3 asset purchases will be comparable in scope to its QE2 purchases, and expects them to be focused on long-term Treasurys (perhaps representing a form of "Operation Twist").


IMO, we will not have a QE3.
ANTICIPATION in QE3 can make the market higher. We were talking about 2.1T debt last week and losing our AAA credit score and market crash due to decrease in spending and increase in debt. Then here it was Jackson Hole and no news and market pushed higher in ANTICIPATION to QE3. We should KNOW by now that there will NOT be a QE3.


As I see it QE3 was already announced. The Market is pricing it in. Of course it will never be CALLED QE3 but the low interest rates and assest purchases will not stop and maybe in September we'll get an announcement of additional buying. This is what the market has heard and is thinking...really not a question of if...only when...


Bernanke just gave everyone a Happy Pill. Tune in till next FOMC meeting in September 21st.Stretching out the TIME limit till he comes up with something which it would be at the end "NOTHING".
Tabby
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm

consolidate as I said. a breakout is around, let's see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:08 pm

cup and handle?
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:11 pm

nonabear wrote:Cobra,

If we close green today, do you see a gap up potential tomorrow?

Thanks.


gap up tomorrow might be a quick short, I suspect the gap will be filled.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby tapesense » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Looking to see if TLT 109.28 opens the door to ~111
User avatar
tapesense
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 pm

EvilTrader wrote:Cobra

today closing green would be very unusual isnt it ? :ugeek:

So, more likely an exhaustion of the recent rebound or a bull market ahead of us sooner rather than later ?


will have to see the next.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

breakout as I expected but it's unconfirmed, need see the next few bars. Hopefully this is a real breakout, the target is not bad if indeed confirmed.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby keesa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Cobra: breakout ab=cd target 122.8 ?
keesa
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: 08/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Cobra wrote:breakout as I expected but it's unconfirmed, need see the next few bars. Hopefully this is a real breakout, the target is not bad if indeed confirmed.


whats ur target?
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests