Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/12/2018 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 04/12/2018 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

fehro wrote:
fehro wrote: try again :roll: LOD goes.. 3 days of thin air… all gaps..crazy man's target is 2615ish
I know you think I'm nuts… but SPX circuit breaker level 1 is 2480 fwiw.
:o :o :o
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
fehro

Post by fehro »

Al_Dente wrote:
fehro wrote:
fehro wrote: try again :roll: LOD goes.. 3 days of thin air… all gaps..crazy man's target is 2615ish
does it all fall apart at the same time.. bonds included? :roll:
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2018-04-12_at_9_12_39_AM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

fehro wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
fehro wrote:
:o :shock: :o :o
At last count, Tech is still 25% of SPY
[etfdb.com]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

INTRADAY
Potential triple top on INDU
knock-three-tiimes
(AD diverges)
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX pushin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 9.49.06 AM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:INTRADAY
Potential triple top on INDU
knock-three-tiimes
(AD diverges)
breakout
first target roughly 24,632
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

fehro wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
fehro wrote:
will program algos for perfect setup , close today 2666, for tomorrow, Friday 13th. :o :lol:
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

US Defense Secretary said he 'thinks' there was a chemical attack in Syria, also there was a report of US planning to strike 8 targets in Syria. Trump desperately needs to take attention off of his issues, so killing others is the way to go.
fehro

Post by fehro »

fehro wrote:SPX pushin
2665-75 still a brick wall
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 10.32.11 AM.png
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

fehro wrote:
fehro wrote:SPX pushin
2665-75 still a brick wall
gap and run on safe measured military move and good earnings banks.

wild missiles and tweets bears friend..
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Market up at the crack of dawn on maybe no attack, now CNBC says attack for sure and it drops like a rock. Any questions?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

stockcharts.com
please note:
previously the 15minute charts only allowed a 20 day view
you can now use MANY MORE days/months on the 15min
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

potus live now
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:stockcharts.com
please note:
previously the 15minute charts only allowed a 20 day view
you can now use MANY MORE days/months on the 15min
WOW the 5min now also allows an expanded view
that's a big deal :D
QED

Post by QED »

3 Important Tips for How to Trade Trump's Unpredictable Tweets

By JAMES "REV SHARK" DEPORRE | APR 12, 2018 | 8:24 AM EDT

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault"
-- Donald J. Trump on Twitter, May 8, 2013

A Trump tweet about Syria is setting the early tone for the market again Thursday. Today he is hinting that maybe there won't be any action taken. Futures rallied on the news and we now have a positive open on the way.

To navigate this market it is important to have a strategy for dealing with these tweets. Never before, have we had the experience of major U.S. policy being broadcast in a sentence or two directly by the president. It has been going on for well over a year now but the market still isn't used to this approach. It can be especially upsetting to many because of President Trump's volatile personality.

Here are three tips for dealing with President Trump's tweets:

1. Don't be too quick to buy into the negative spin. 
Regardless of how you may feel about President Trump personally there is little question that much of the media is anxious to put a negative spin on anything he does. The initial reaction to his tweets will almost always be negative. This creates good opportunities for traders that are quick to jump in on a negative reaction to his comments but it is becoming so automatic that the negative reaction doesn't last for long.

Wednesday we had a good example of how the market discounts the negative spin to a tweet. Despite a very clear threat to bomb Syria, the market shrugged and did a nice job of taking it in stride. It did cause some uncertainty but that was due to the response from Russia, which seemed uncertain about what the truth might be.

2. The market doesn't care much about President Trump's personal behavior.
While Trump would be scorned and criticized no matter what he does because that is the nature of politics, he hands his critics much easy ammunition with many of his tweets that attack individuals or the "fake media."

While we may wonder about the political wisdom of these tweets, they have little market impact and may actually be positive as they show that the president is working on his economic and business agenda and won't be stopped by other matters. This market has celebrated the surge in business optimism created by Trump and his personal foibles are generally considered a secondary issue. The bears have tried hard to make Trump's personal behavior matter, but it has mattered very little to the market.

3. When the president is going to make a policy move you can be sure that he will hint about it on Twitter first. 
President Trump's main form of communication with the American people is Twitter. If there is something of consequence on his mind, this is where you will see the information. Anticipating a potential tweet can be the source of a great trade. The Syrian issue is a good example. It is not a big surprise that Trump is backing down from his aggressive comments yesterday. His typical style is to make aggressive statements and then to back off. We have seen it with everything from Korea to trade to potentially firing Mueller.

The president's governing style is clearly seen in his tweets. He will make sensationalistic and controversial comments and then back off. The market will react initially and then reverse as conditions shift. The steel and aluminum tariffs were a great example of this. The market actually ended up higher after that controversy started than when it began.

Many market players don't like the idea of government by Twitter but it is now an important part of trading. And it is going to continue to be an important part of trading for the rest of Trump's term and we better have a strategy for dealing with it.

Stocks are bouncing nicely in the early going as Syria fears ease and the focus starts to turn to earnings. Big banks kick it off Friday and that is going to be the next big market driving event. That is, unless, the president decides to do more tweeting first.

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/article ... e-featured
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Thanks for that QED

If I may add I have learned a new to me term this spring, Scene of the Crime. When the normal market auction action is interrupted by news (frequently a tweet these days) the market does student body left or right and then reverses eventually returning to the Scene of the Crime where normal price discovery can resume.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Can we say that FB has successfully backtested its breakout?
No, not yet
412fb.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
… or it may not be happy hour at all ...
This is Micah Nelson, Willie Nelson’s kid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sqVX3PWz9w
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ALMANAC
"Whether superstitious or not, Friday 13th in April historically bearish"
http://jeffhirsch.tumblr.com/post/17286 ... h-in-april