Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

05/09/2018 Live Update

05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Wed May 09, 2018 9:22 am

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.

    Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
    Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
    Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
    I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

maybe the pullback would be bought?
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 40455
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am


Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 40455
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am

SPX opens at 50d 2677 mind the gap, possible stall.. or go.. 20d SMA to the downside 2663 "brick wall" level

/ES
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 6.28.15 AM.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22850
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby 1der » Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am

PBars - fwiw (If no one wants me to post these from now on, I will stop. I do not know if they are helpful/distracting or not)

Interesting occurrence this morning I have not observed prior:

Interactive Brokers shows:
SPY 268.16
AAPL none

TradingView shows:
SPY 266.45
AAPL 184.64
1der
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby QED » Wed May 09, 2018 9:35 am

1der wrote:PBars - fwiw (If no one wants me to post these from now on, I will stop. I do not know if they are helpful/distracting or not)

Interesting occurrence this morning I have not observed prior:

Interactive Brokers shows:
SPY 268.16
AAPL none

TradingView shows:
SPY 266.45
AAPL 184.64

PBars are always interesting. Please continue to post. Thanks! :D
QED
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Wallstreetrader » Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 am

80's was easy :ugeek:
anyone trading crypto ?
Last edited by Wallstreetrader on Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
,,,70% of the times i am wrong ...
Wallstreetrader
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Quantifiable Edges is giving away a new research paper on the effect of the Fed balance sheet on the market.
http://quantifiableedges.com/introducing-fed-based-quantifiable-edges-for-stock-market-trading-research-paper/ :)
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Wed May 09, 2018 9:56 am

SPX nibble tiny short .. looking for gap fill "IF" 50d goes.. if no up we go…. gap fills, maybe 20d

fehro wrote:SPX opens at 50d 2677 mind the gap, possible stall.. or go.. 20d SMA to the downside 2663 "brick wall" level

/ES
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 6.54.10 AM.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22850
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

Last comment on my short trade yesterday, had to go to a meeting from 2:15 to 3:15, which was right at the time the market quickly sold off and i would have exited with a profit. By the time I got back to the screens the market had rallied and I missed my opportunity. I sold the short ETF this morning for a loss. I continue to live and learn! LOL!
te_fern
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Wed May 09, 2018 10:01 am

You really should try some trailing stop losses. They work really well for that sort of situation. :)
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Cobra » Wed May 09, 2018 10:02 am


Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 40455
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby brokebybernacke2 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:08 am

if they can overcalm that vix down below 13.86 while hanging around these levels/without a pop, bear up
brokebybernacke2
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 am

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby QED » Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 am

te_fern wrote:Last comment on my short trade yesterday, had to go to a meeting from 2:15 to 3:15, which was right at the time the market quickly sold off and i would have exited with a profit. By the time I got back to the screens the market had rallied and I missed my opportunity. I sold the short ETF this morning for a loss. I continue to live and learn! LOL!

Perhaps set a profit target stop, before you leave, in case it moves in your direction?
QED
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Junior Buffett » Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 am

brokebybernacke2 wrote:if they can overcalm that vix down below 13.86 while hanging around these levels/without a pop, bear up


The VIX is behaving I think we heading much higher in coming days...VIX is very subdue even with Iran news
User avatar
Junior Buffett
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

Pro money managers have had plenty of time for staff meetings, decision making and plan implementation. So they shouldn't have to run out and buy a bunch of insurance because they got caught flat footed at a market turn.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 5895
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby fehro » Wed May 09, 2018 10:15 am

INDEXes holding so far sideways.. RUT leads…
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 7.13.43 AM.png
fehro
 
Posts: 22850
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Wed May 09, 2018 10:25 am

QED wrote:
te_fern wrote:Last comment on my short trade yesterday, had to go to a meeting from 2:15 to 3:15, which was right at the time the market quickly sold off and i would have exited with a profit. By the time I got back to the screens the market had rallied and I missed my opportunity. I sold the short ETF this morning for a loss. I continue to live and learn! LOL!

Perhaps set a profit target stop, before you leave, in case it moves in your direction?


Thanks, Ameritrade does have a contingency trade setup for if/then type trades. I did think about that after the fact....
te_fern
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 am

Which horizontal blue line will it break first???
Attachments
SPX.PNG
te_fern
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Daniel » Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 am

TLT hod. Held 118, shortly after the Open, now hammering gently upward.
Daniel
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: 05/09/2018 Live Update

Postby Daniel » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

From Briefing.com:
Energy shares rally and crude futures return to a three-and-a-half year high following President Trump's Tuesday decision to pull the U.S. out of the Iran nuclear deal. Also, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reported an unexpected draw in weekly inventories, after the American Petroleum Institute reported a draw in crude inventories last night.

Treasury yields rise; benchmark 10-yr yield returns to 3.00%

The U.S. Dollar index (-0.2%) is cooling off a bit after hitting a four-month high this week. Silver futures are up 1%, at a two-week high of $16.63/oz (+0.16). June Gold futures are up 0.2% at $13.15.80 +2.10.
Daniel
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Next

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brokewing, Google Adsense [Bot], wondo and 24 guests