Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/06/2011 Intraday Watering

pidge66

Re: 09/06/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by pidge66 »

Wow, possibly green gap tomorrow morning!
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

shooting up.
Tomorrow sees green?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

JustTrading wrote:Cobra,

What's you're view for tomorrow? Thanks much!
need more info, no idea now.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

agnosia wrote:
AK84 wrote:
also more Losses!! works both ways my friend :)
truer words have never been spoken ... people never look at the other side of that coin.
Money Management is hugely more important with Options. Make sure you have a strong Management ethic before you trade Options.
EkOnkaar

Post by EkOnkaar »

Cobra, I have not been counting, but it seems your theory of opening gaps outside of previous day limits may be losing some credibility here. We have now had quite a number of days where the open was clearly above or below the previous high/low, and yet the gap was filled every single time..very frustrating because I have now left mucho dollars on the gambling table because of these intra day reversal. I am expecting some form of continuation, and yet nothing is sticking. We are extremely news driven, and HFT is causing daily gyrations to benefit day traders only (which is what I wanted but thought may be good to hold for a couple of days). anywya, let me know your thought about daily gap fills.

Cobra wrote:wow, very strong close. nothing to say, let's see tomorrow. the big picture is still down though. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

EkOnkaar wrote:Cobra, I have not been counting, but it seems your theory of opening gaps outside of previous day limits may be losing some credibility here. We have now had quite a number of days where the open was clearly above or below the previous high/low, and yet the gap was filled every single time..very frustrating because I have now left mucho dollars on the gambling table because of these intra day reversal. I am expecting some form of continuation, and yet nothing is sticking. We are extremely news driven, and HFT is causing daily gyrations to benefit day traders only (which is what I wanted but thought may be good to hold for a couple of days). anywya, let me know your thought about daily gap fills.

Cobra wrote:wow, very strong close. nothing to say, let's see tomorrow. the big picture is still down though. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Markets change. We are in a Volatile Market. Very different than what we had back in January or even May. Know what type of market you're in and trade accordingly.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

EkOnkaar wrote:Cobra, I have not been counting, but it seems your theory of opening gaps outside of previous day limits may be losing some credibility here. We have now had quite a number of days where the open was clearly above or below the previous high/low, and yet the gap was filled every single time..very frustrating because I have now left mucho dollars on the gambling table because of these intra day reversal. I am expecting some form of continuation, and yet nothing is sticking. We are extremely news driven, and HFT is causing daily gyrations to benefit day traders only (which is what I wanted but thought may be good to hold for a couple of days). anywya, let me know your thought about daily gap fills.

That gap fill rule is not very reliable because it's said before the open, so kind like a wild guess here. You have to have some confirmation signals after the open, otherwise, just don't trade the gap.

Also that gap rule is not my rule, I get it from someone's post, you can check it in "Getting Start".

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Unique

Post by Unique »

Hey, noobie here. Just wanted to say I enjoy your commentary Cobra. Thanks for letting me learn here. Life is a long journey of learning...

Does anyone trade AAPL full time here?
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
MajorEasy

Post by MajorEasy »

Louise Yamada said that since the April 2010 high of 1192 failed to act as support, S+P futures market will test lower lows...

let's see if she's correct this time.
Attachments
current ES.png
Louise Yamada.png
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
dkstrading

Post by dkstrading »

what do you think of the HS setting up on the SPY over the past 10 days? Looks like we've got maybe 20 points more upside before another big dump..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CWgiT_gB8LQ/T ... 9.7.11.bmp