Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Tabby » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 pm

rola wrote:I do not think that Greece will just collapse over weekend, in that case Europe will fall apart, they can not do this because domino effect - for now!

Greece news is to old. Next week is OPEX.
Tabby
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullTart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 pm

proteus46 wrote:
I think we are setting up a major bull rally for Monday. The only requirement is that Greece does not default over the weekend. imo


If break through that lower channel of the bear flag that has been forming all the way back since Aug.10, the chances for a major bull rally on Monday go down significantly.

The bear flag pattern has been in play with multiple support and rejection touches in the channel for about a month now and a break from this month-long pattern will result in a strong move, regardless of how oversold RSI, Stochs, and other technicals indiciate.

Remember, in a bear-market, bear-market rules apply. Patterns will resolve to the downside in a bear market. Likewise, in a bull-market, patterns will resolve to the upside.

If we bounce HARD off the lower trendline of the month long bear flag, then the story for Monday changes. Right now, bulls fighting fiercely to defend lower bear flag trend line, but it's getting harder and harder to jump start a rally here, even with large volume block trade spikes.

Let's see what the market will show us in the last hours of trade for the week.
User avatar
BullTart
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby PRI » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I have been trading IWM (options) for the last couple of days - looks to me like it is going to go for the lower channel line
from 8/9 at around 66.40 - .5 depending on what time it hits.
PRI
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:26 am

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

it was a successful EMA gap short. now it's hard to call, because it's revisiting the previous low, therefore the retest can fail at anytime, or a decisive breakdown. Either way, we'll have to wait. Statistically as I said while ago, 90% chances, today Open > Close.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby proteus46 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:00 pm

janez wrote:
proteus46 wrote:I think we are setting up a major bull rally for Monday. The only requirement is that Greece does not default over the weekend. imo

Why say so?



I think there is something to the Patriotic rallies of the past. They are statements to those that are against capitalism.

The recent threats we heard about yesterday, the tenth anniversary, the recent 4% decline in the S&P are all reasons for
some heavy buying. I don't have any technical indicators except that the 60 minute slow stochs are below 20 and we are getting near the
lower BB band (60 minute ) chart. No serious economic data released on Monday.
User avatar
proteus46
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

2 bar reversal, and the previous bull bar was the largest one and with volume surge, so I think it'll breakdown to at least test today's low.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby mac769 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:22 pm

proteus46 wrote:
janez wrote:
proteus46 wrote:I think we are setting up a major bull rally for Monday. The only requirement is that Greece does not default over the weekend. imo

Why say so?



I think there is something to the Patriotic rallies of the past. They are statements to those that are against capitalism.

The recent threats we heard about yesterday, the tenth anniversary, the recent 4% decline in the S&P are all reasons for
some heavy buying. I don't have any technical indicators except that the 60 minute slow stochs are below 20 and we are getting near the
lower BB band (60 minute ) chart. No serious economic data released on Monday.


Maybe the terrorists have now planted a financial bomb in the EU-periphery, which might blow up in a short time...

The early departure of the German ECB member looks to me as if the rats are leaving the sinking ship

but at least somebody is arranging the deck-chairs on Titanic
User avatar
mac769
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullTart » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:26 pm

From the weekly view point, the huge tail on the shooting star is a give away. You can bet against it, but that is a low probability chance (look at chart I attached - chart created by Albertarocks but explains what I'm also looking at)

Add the fact that the shooting star tail was rejected by the weekly 80 MA which has decided bull/bear markets in the past 10 years, and you get an even LOWER probability play.

Finally, zoom into daily and hourly views and you quickly see the bear flag which has been in play for the past month.

As I like to say, when three different witnesses all have corroborating stories, it's probably true. It *could* be false, but you are not playing the proper side of the odds game, which is entirely what trading and investing is all about. Probabilities.

Chances are pointing to a break of the bear flag, and red weekly candle next week.

If we get the break of the bear flag today in the closing hours (this I have no idea), we will have a flush down on high volume to retest the Aug lows.

Bottom line: You don't want to be on the wrong side of that action when it happens. If not sure, better to stay in cash and see what happens. If you you want to take some calculated risk, you play a tight short as the rewards of a break flag break are high. However, playing a long position right now on the equities market is not a high probability profit making move.
Attachments
current.png
User avatar
BullTart
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby MajorEasy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Attachments
909 5 min.png
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
MajorEasy
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:32 pm

GO!GO!GO! PLEASE BREAK AND BRING CHAOS!!!!
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:32 pm

testing the low as I said. And although no evidences, but personally I think the low won't hold. we'll see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby KENA » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Slow..If we can break 1150 then next is to go thru 1145.Lets see.
User avatar
KENA
 
Posts: 2995
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:35 pm

BullTart wrote:From the weekly view point, the huge tail on the shooting star is a give away. You can bet against it, but that is a low probability chance (look at chart I attached - chart created by Albertarocks but explains what I'm also looking at)

Add the fact that the shooting star tail was rejected by the weekly 80 MA which has decided bull/bear markets in the past 10 years, and you get an even LOWER probability play.

Finally, zoom into daily and hourly views and you quickly see the bear flag which has been in play for the past month.

As I like to say, when three different witnesses all have corroborating stories, it's probably true. It *could* be false, but you are not playing the proper side of the odds game, which is entirely what trading and investing is all about. Probabilities.

Chances are pointing to a break of the bear flag, and red weekly candle next week.

If we get the break of the bear flag today in the closing hours (this I have no idea), we will have a flush down on high volume to retest the Aug lows.

Bottom line: You don't want to be on the wrong side of that action when it happens. If not sure, better to stay in cash and see what happens. If you you want to take some calculated risk, you play a tight short as the rewards of a break flag break are high. However, playing a long position right now on the equities market is not a high probability profit making move.


Thats why Ive been long TMF... and dont get shaken out on moves because I know its a bear flag, and I have yet to see a bear flag after a H+S break up to the upside....BTW the august lows was perfect 38.2% retracement..so if we break that, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:36 pm

For some reason I dont think we will hold the support of bear flag today.....(just feeling, no chart)
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:37 pm

breakdown as I expected, let's see if it could reach the Descending Triangle target. Not sure but let's watch.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 pm

I think the big picture should be clear now if you remember what I said last night. The tinted area target was exceeded.
Attachments
2.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby MajorEasy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Cobra's real time 5 minute SPY page 2

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favo ... 9&cmd=show
Attachments
scCAEMKE4R.png
the market's goal is to distribute the wealth of many to as few hands as possible
MajorEasy
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm not saying low was in, there's a chance we might go like this because it could be 3 push down. Calling reversal on a strong trend day is difficult, so just for fun.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45027
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby KENA » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Ok the mkt will try to break dn again???sure would like to see it test the 1140 today but may not have time.???
User avatar
KENA
 
Posts: 2995
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: 09/09/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BenAndLloyd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh there is plenty of time for 1140..we may be there already
BenAndLloyd
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cobra, Google [Bot], K447, Trades with cats and 32 guests