Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Al_Dente

Re: 09/12/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Al_Dente »

Internals all favor the bears
Bears scored breakdown
Low volume selling so far means either the bears have more ammo here and won’t be stopped until a BIG RED selling volume exhaustion spike, we’re not even close to that yet.
Or the bears could go into hibernation and the pullback/pullup will turn into a trend change.
Odds/internals say bear

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =243368793
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

xfradnex wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Lets be clear here what me looks, focus on candle.
Looks like first candle put trend line had some up side, before down.
first full body break down with long wick red candle should be really bearish, I would expect a gap down to follow if we close where we are now (lower close than open)
Attachments
spy.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
jaaawf

Post by jaaawf »

Cobra, I just looked at your SPY short term trading signals chart and I think there is a visible divergence with regard to RSI. Do you see it and do you make anything of it at this point?
seekingknowledge

Post by seekingknowledge »

jarbo456 wrote:
ultramarine wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:bulls have been firing away at key levels, but as soon as their chambers empty, the market has gone the direction it's wanted...down. looks like bulls are doing it again here, but looks a bit weaker.
They may have run the stops at 114.44 (LOD) and are now making a play for the trend line once again.
that's a possibility, always, but unlikely. the 1 minute chart fast stochs have hit just under 100 on these fast bounces, but have always failed. looks the same for this one as well. if the run up was measured and continued, i'd be more scared. but these fast bounces don't look bullish to me.
Spot on! Exactly what I see. The fast bounces are usually never good for the long side. They just move up to reset the oscillators.
seekingknowledge

This is likely to get real ugly for bulls around 2:30 -- when market has its afternoon down time. :mrgreen:
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

seekingknowledge wrote:This is likely to get real ugly for bulls around 2:30 -- when market has its afternoon down time. :mrgreen:
112 the worst case today me thinks
qtipped

Post by qtipped »

Cobra wrote:more and more like Descending Triangle now.
i agree, pattern is clearer now....down we go...shucks...looks like an intraday 3rd wave we're in and will accelerate, bounce and sell off into 5th wave before close....to late now to enter
mac769

Post by mac769 »

heavenskrow wrote:GUYS, PLEASE FIND me an IBEX-35 SHORT ETF.... THIS IS VERY BAD FOR SPAIN...
indeed... they will go to earth-worm land soon
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Al_Dente wrote:
StrikePrice wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:BTW, now that I want to share with this great community, the name of the platform is ProRealtime. You get free end of data, and IMO its one of the best charting platforms out there. You also get 1week free realtime data.... Check it out when u have time.

-But on a side note, F !!!!
heavens: you used the F word. There are children here.

IMHO freestockcharts is really worth the effort, it can go so much deeper than you first think.
You just have to endlessly adjust scaling, and save carefully so they don't dump your hard work, and etc etc
Any chance you can share how you scale your charts in freestockcharts.com? This is an area I feel I still need work on. Daily and hourly are my preferred timeframes.
With your chart in view:
>price >more scaling
then instead of default scaling choose MANUAL
then tinker with top/bottom till you force them to submit

use spy or whatever as a baseline chart

when other stocks whip around too much they flatline or disappear until you scale them back into view

but daily and hourly are the easiest to scale, it's the 1m and 5m that are tricky
Thanks!
seekingknowledge

BullBear52x wrote:
seekingknowledge wrote:This is likely to get real ugly for bulls around 2:30 -- when market has its afternoon down time. :mrgreen:
112 the worst case today me thinks
There is definitely a lot of support/consolidation at that level. The downtrend, however, is cemented. IMHO.
mac769

Post by mac769 »

Cobra wrote:Sorry for not making things clearly. I'm tired, drove family to Safari Sunday, had a bad dream about fighting with boss at night, so very sleepy now as the market looks sleepy too. :roll:

Anyway, the bottom line, as I said a moment ago, a consolidation here is generally no good for bulls. If the market had a breakdown at the open, I'd suspect that the breakdown would be a head fade because bears traveled too long before breaking something important which usually means a head fake. but since now the market simply consolidates here, so the feeling is not good.
I fully agree, we will probably test the lows very soon
CognitiveDissonance

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

I fully agree, we will probably test the lows very soon

as in today or this week?
@cognitivebias1
AK84

Post by AK84 »

p-bar target reached :D
levidecap

Post by levidecap »

Bulls seem to be fighting back hard. Anybody have any idea if it's new money coming to the market or HFT algos simply locking in profits on intraday short positions?
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

I see a ray of hope for the Bulls. Ending Diagonal/ Falling Wedge on 5-minute and the (21,3) Bollinger Band turned up on the 1-hr. Plus against the right side on the down channel. Going into close they need a breakout and lots of UP UP in order to carry it into overnight. Otherwise, I stay short.

Added Chart
Attachments
SPY_5m.png
Last edited by StrikePrice on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Here’s a smoother advance/decline line on 5m: advance decline line nyad and net advancing volume nyud (pink and black line behind price), but both are CUMULATIVE which eliminates the whipsaw of re-setting every day at the open. Lags a bit (best is the ziggie-zaggie 1min), but easier on the eyes.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =243400042
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

DT who's looking for counter trend divergence, we got small one here, not over sold enough (warn 1) need t break clearly out above 200ma (warn 2) or you will get suck in trap. 114.8 is your lucky number.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
auger

Post by auger »

Not sure the chances of a reversal, but possible near term falling wedge forming in SPY
SPY_FW.png
seekingknowledge

levidecap wrote:Bulls seem to be fighting back hard. Anybody have any idea if it's new money coming to the market or HFT algos simply locking in profits on intraday short positions?
Doesn't seem like much of a fight, as they haven't even been able to touch the 10MA since 9:30 this morning. The trend is clearly on a steady down below the 10MA.
auger

Post by auger »

StrikePrice wrote:I see a ray of hope for the Bulls. Ending Diagonal/ Falling Wedge on 5-minute and the (21,3) Bollinger Band turned up on the 1-hr. Plus against the right side on the down channel. Going into close they need a breakout and lots of UP UP in order to carry it into overnight. Otherwise, I stay short.

Added Chart

Nice chart, I should've looked before I posted. 8-)