Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

bushwaffle

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by bushwaffle »

117 looks like concrete...anybody got a jackhammer?
99er

Post by 99er »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

hmm, failed H3, I'm disappointed in bulls now.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
millie

Post by millie »

hello, do u think bull flag possible to carry on roasting the bears?
davros

Post by davros »

failed breakout on ES... natural gas btw is hitting its down trendline right as I type, in strict trend following terms it's a short, but you might get lucky
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

as I said this a moment ago, failed breakout would be 3 push up therefore the rebound is over, so bulls must show some strength here.
Attachments
2.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

FAZ/FAZ if you a technician which one will you buy. aha I would think so too
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
silicon_beaver

Post by silicon_beaver »

BullBear52x wrote:FAZ/FAZ if you a technician which one will you buy. aha I would think so too

FAZ per pattern.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:If a selling is not strong enough today I will lighten up my short etf to the bare minimum. EDZ is doing quite well in comparison to states short etfs.
EDZ ! Boy you have big bolls
my regular FAS/FAZ EDC/EDZ TYH/TYP SRS/IYR FXI/FXP TZN/TZA

High octane don't you think?
Okay mister big pants.
KRE is popping up on my pretty-small watch list. That is VERY unusual. xlf(fas) is all the banks, kre is exclusively all the little regionals which can confirm/non-confirm a decent bank move and they usually like to non-confirm. But I’ll be darned the kre is confirming banking move. European banks are set to default any minute now and our banks are up????? Can’t fight with it, just gotta go with it till it breaks down, oops now breaking down.
Comments?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

For entertainment only
Attachments
spy.JPG
cougar

Post by cougar »

My stock of the day: Cummins (CMI).
CMI is an excellent but seriously oversold company. Up $5.2 today!
Cramer’s pumping last night “coincides” with bullish comments made today by senior executives of Cummins, in front of 150 WS analysts and selected shareholders…

CMI (Cummins) daily: nested envelopes + harmonic fan:
Attachments
CMIgif.GIF
waverider

Post by waverider »

Societe General (ADR) is looking like it may have bottomed. Let's see if it can break sep 9 resistance.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:If a selling is not strong enough today I will lighten up my short etf to the bare minimum. EDZ is doing quite well in comparison to states short etfs.
EDZ ! Boy you have big bolls
my regular FAS/FAZ EDC/EDZ TYH/TYP SRS/IYR FXI/FXP TZN/TZA

High octane don't you think?
Okay mister big pants.
KRE is popping up on my pretty-small watch list. That is VERY unusual. xlf(fas) is all the banks, kre is exclusively all the little regionals which can confirm/non-confirm a decent bank move and they usually like to non-confirm. But I’ll be darned the kre is confirming banking move. European banks are set to default any minute now and our banks are up????? Can’t fight with it, just gotta go with it till it breaks down, oops now breaking down.
Comments?
Mr big pants ha? KRE is bullish me thinks, 20.5 will be bought, unless it failed at that level. 20.50 is the line in the sand I would go with.
BullTart

Post by BullTart »

Since I've been playing the VIX (via long TVIX positions), I'll tell you, I think it is getting ready for another spike up... I noticed that the BBs are coiling up now as it refuses to go down and stay down... we're also levitating above the blue median line of the BBs...

most importantly, the VIX in the past has shown the "echo" effect where after an initial spike up, there is another major spike, "echo-ing" the first spike.

I thought we had the echo effect already, but it has not stayed down.

this is telling me that we haven't seen the high for the VIX yet... it is still coming, and it may at that point then generate the real "echo" high after which it will finally subside.
Attachments
current.png
L_T

Post by L_T »

cougar wrote:My stock of the day: Cummins (CMI).
CMI is an excellent but seriously oversold company. Up $5.2 today!
Cramer’s pumping last night “coincides” with bullish comments made today by senior executives of Cummins, in front of 150 WS analysts and selected shareholders…

CMI (Cummins) daily: nested envelopes + harmonic fan:
First post but have been a regular reader for some time now. Very lively/interesting discussion on a daily basis.

Anyway I'm glad someone else is watching CMI. I picked some up yesterday near it's lows ($84.63 how lucky was I?) and I would like to make it one of my long-term holdings as long as the markets don't implode in the next few days/weeks. I know most people here move in and out on a daily basis but the business of engine building is a booming one so I love it's prospects over the coming years.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

overshot, hopefully, a rebound of some kind here. I find it very hard to believe a strong push up we just had is only one legged. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

ramram

Post by ramram »

Looks like market wants to fall hard. Bulls not playing.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Moved off of neutral.
I started to reposition the short I closed out last week this morning. Just a small appetizer at this point. Will add main course and dessert at higher prices if they arrive.
Working scenario is that we are in Cobra's 3rd push up off the August low. I think this push up may have two pushes up itself to complete. I liked Cobra's tinted potential in last nights report of S&P 1230. I think it will be tough to get there as I calculate a lot of resistance between 1217 and 1227. Don't ask me how we could get up there with all the scary things happening, but I imagine it would involve Mr. Market running a bunch of buy stops and doing what it takes to fill all the bears with fear and doubt. So, if things turn south today I won't get the exposure I am looking for, but at least I have a position.

I still want to position for a retest of the August low and a better bottom. I decided to start the short now given the huge volatility and the view that this thing could turn on a dime and probably after hours. I am OK taking some draw down and averaging into the short if prices rise further. This Bear Flag formation has now been around awhile, and is getting long in the tooth. Any resolution of the flag down should provide plenty of profit from these levels. I am aligned with the intermediate trend, which is down.

Naturally, I stand ready to change my mind. Everyone's waiting for a Eurocentric crisis event, but perhaps it won't arrive when and how people are thinking. We shall see.

Reminder - Not a daytrader
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, that's bulls talking. hopefully it could retest the morning high at least.
Attachments
1.png

jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

looks like a break out of an extremely long flag on the 5 minute finally. -_-

it looked like it was just going to fade all the down to last night's low, but it looks like there's some bullish resurgence here.