Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby KENA » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:51 pm

The mkt backed off so the Bear channel still holds for a lower high of 1175 for now. Let me know if I'm wrong.Lets see.Ha BB52x
User avatar
KENA
 
Posts: 2995
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Be4chst » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Seems like a lot if manipulation in the market.
Be4chst
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby AK84 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

BullBear52x wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:rest of day looks good.. but tomorrow will be very important.

I like all of these quotes:

Lets see
Wait and see
tomorrow will tell
one more day
it's getting there

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Also...."THe markets are at an inflection point"

the market is ALWAYS at an inflection point. soooooooo annoying. just go down and get it over with ! Reshorted at 1175.
AK84
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Tabby wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:If the Nasdaq 100 breaks above 2227 today, I might need to join the Bulls side.. But only then.

Very close to your number $NDX 2223.88, Any plan in TQQQ? TQQQ is still in green?????????????? Do you mean SQQQ/inverse ETFS?


Well Im still in TMF, so that I dont get too whipsawed in up moves of the bear flag..but technically still short as its bonds..
And yes its around 2223.88, but I just gave it some leeway =]
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby qtipped » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:54 pm

BullTart wrote:BIG question I have is whether or not the will pull the rug out from the market at 2:30pm today... 2 more minutes to find out.

This will be interesting... looking like a cup and handle breakout... perfect area to pull the rug out on all those who went long on the cup and handle breakout.

However, if it keeps going up, I will be forced to close my speculative TVIX longs and wait for another trade to present itself.


wow did they just pull the rug? looks like the upper band resistance will force this down to the bottom of the triangle tomorrow.
Attachments
spy resist.PNG
spy resist.PNG (26.95 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
qtipped
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 pm

someone wanted to get the guys who remained long and or who traded the breakout to get out. now it's a question of if we get this breakout (above 118.10) confirmed, or if we sell into the close.
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby HappyFriday » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:57 pm

User avatar
HappyFriday
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:57 pm

key support, usually the previous breakout point is the pullback target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45473
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Tabby » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:58 pm

heavenskrow wrote:
Tabby wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:If the Nasdaq 100 breaks above 2227 today, I might need to join the Bulls side.. But only then.

Very close to your number $NDX 2223.88, Any plan in TQQQ? TQQQ is still in green?????????????? Do you mean SQQQ/inverse ETFS?


Well Im still in TMF, so that I dont get too whipsawed in up moves of the bear flag..but technically still short as its bonds..
And yes its around 2223.88, but I just gave it some leeway =]

I don't know how TMF works with $NDX. I guess I have to do a little research on it. When I look up TMF, I get this;
<<Strategy for Direxion Daily 20+ Year Treasury Bull 3X Shares
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the NYSE 20+ Year US Treasury Bond Index. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of net assets in U.S. government securities and/or financial instruments that, in combination, provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. It also holds money market instruments. The fund is non-diversified..>>

.
Tabby
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:59 pm

volume surge, some news are in.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45473
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Me XMan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Nintendo (NTDOY.PK -4.5%) says it will add features to its 3DS to allow users to record movies in 3-D, introduce a pink version of the device to attract women, and launch new Mario titles, but disappointed analysts say they're not enough for the company to meet its targets during the holiday shopping season even after recent price cuts of as much as 40%

Cobra wrote:volume surge, some news are in.
User avatar
Me XMan
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Me XMan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh sorry...not Nintendo numchucks...probably this.

One of this morning's rumors looks like it's panning out: Greek officials and the French President's office have confirmed a conference call to take place at noon ET tomorrow between Papandreou, Sarkozy, and Germany's Merkel. "To be honest, the latest bailout plan is not proceeding as expected," says a senior EU official.
User avatar
Me XMan
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby heavenskrow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Tabby wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:
Tabby wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:If the Nasdaq 100 breaks above 2227 today, I might need to join the Bulls side.. But only then.

Very close to your number $NDX 2223.88, Any plan in TQQQ? TQQQ is still in green?????????????? Do you mean SQQQ/inverse ETFS?


Well Im still in TMF, so that I dont get too whipsawed in up moves of the bear flag..but technically still short as its bonds..
And yes its around 2223.88, but I just gave it some leeway =]

I don't know how TMF works with $NDX. I guess I have to do a little research on it. When I look up TMF, I get this;
<<Strategy for Direxion Daily 20+ Year Treasury Bull 3X Shares
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the NYSE 20+ Year US Treasury Bond Index. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of net assets in U.S. government securities and/or financial instruments that, in combination, provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. It also holds money market instruments. The fund is non-diversified..>>

.


It doesnt. Its just that if the Nasdaq breaks that resistance, bonds will sell off and stocks will move higher....
Lately its been sell bonds/ buy stocks or buy bonds/sell stocks plays...

Also if I was short by buying lets say SPXU, I would get whipsawed way too much within the bear flag channel.... To hedge that but still leaning short, Im positioned in TMF.

So thats why im watching spy,nasdaq, world indicies, although im in bonds...
User avatar
heavenskrow
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullTart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 pm

There is a lot of selling to a lot of buying volume that is keeping a lid on prices.

Seems like a "change of hands" is going on. I worry about those who are doing the buying.
User avatar
BullTart
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby AK84 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 pm

the last 2 daily spx bars look like a bear flag is in the forming. i dont buy this rally that collapses up 75 point to up 30 point in a matter of seconds.
AK84
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 am

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby auger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Me XMan wrote:Nintendo (NTDOY.PK -4.5%) says it will add features to its 3DS to allow users to record movies in 3-D, introduce a pink version of the device to attract women, and launch new Mario titles, but disappointed analysts say they're not enough for the company to meet its targets during the holiday shopping season even after recent price cuts of as much as 40%

Cobra wrote:volume surge, some news are in.



http://ebandit.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mario.gif
User avatar
auger
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullTart » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm

"BRICS COUNTRIES IN "VERY PRELIMINARY" TALKS TO COORDINATE PURCHASES OF EURO ZONE SOVEREIGN DEBT - BRAZIL GOV'T SOURCE"

Hmmm... looks like the same type or "rumor" that spiked the market yesterday at around the same time.

But unlike yesterday, the spike has not happened.

Could we have actually run out of chasers to sell the rumors to? That would be very bad.

Or, have we run out of bears with tight triggers for stops? That would be even worse.

Still some time left but not the expected outcome for the rumor news...
Last edited by BullTart on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BullTart
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby BullBear52x » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Simple chart, trend or no trend?
Attachments
spy.JPG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 22305
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm

this more like a continuation pattern to me.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45473
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 09/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm

hmm, my drawing is slow... anyway, key support here, pullback target reached.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 45473
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests