Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/02/2018 Market Recap

Cobra
Site Admin

07/02/2018 Market Recap

Post by Cobra »

Spy.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 07/02/2018 Market Recap

Post by Cobra »

SUMMARY:

Called the low was in right, the rest of the day was then easy.

NOTE:

Gap down, as usual, waited for the test of ema20 (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256483#p256483).

Good strong bear signal bar here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256479#p256479) so possible L1 short. The next bar didn't break below the signal bar so the signal bar became the next bar which was a weak bear bar so might not a good L1 anymore.

The 2nd L1 short was good for 2x target although the bear signal bar was weak (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256483#p256483). It was L1 short after a final bull flag (2 bull bars before the signal bar which before the entry bar which is pointed by red arrow), so made sense to short, I guess. Another way of looking is it's L4 short. The rebound from open was 4 legged, yet it just was enough to test ema20 so should be a short.

I think to trade H1/H2/L1/L2 setup, the context leading to the setup is more important. In today's case, recognized the final flag was the key. If no good context, trading H1/H2/L1/L2 might be just a random bet, doesn't matter whether the signal bar is strong or not.

2nd leg down which was short lived, so possible final bear flag, then strong bull signal bar followed by a strong entry bar, by here (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256487#p256487) I thought the low was confirmed in, it's a trading reversal long here.

The up was strong so generally the pullback should be bought (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256490#p256490).

Possible mm up (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2953&p=256493#p256493). Yeah, I agree, it's hard to call H1 long here (5 bars before) because the pullback was relatively sharp so generally should wait for H2 which in today's case never came.

In the end, not a bad close.
3.png
DISCLAIMER:

The trading log below is meant for myself only which main purpose is to help improving my market sense.
  • My blah blah about how the market would go in the next dozens of minutes everyday in this forum, is a way to force me to focus on the market, because by speaking loud, if the prediction is wrong, I'd be embarrassed, which of course I'd like to avoid as much as possible.
  • Day trading is not my strongest point. Just for the same pattern, it can repeat frequently on the 5 min chart while on daily chart it may take months to appear once and another month to know whether the idea of trading such a pattern is right or wrong THIS time, so practicing on the 5 min chart is a fastest way to learn to trade.
  • Day trading inevitably would have good days and bad days, it's a part of the game. If I always have good days, it means I'm either lying or already the richest person in the world (then why I'm still trading?), so please don't blame me for making any bad calls. The log is for myself only, not meant to be followed.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.