Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/19/2011 Intraday Watering

BullBear52x

Re: 09/19/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by BullBear52x »

jdiesel77 wrote:sorry for posting im sure its been answered many times but i couldn't find an answer via search. what is the significance of a P bar? how and why does it happen ? thanks in advance.
I see it as trade imbalance, MM's work nothing more, if P bar were to filled every time then we have 127 spike and Aug low to fill, one of them will play out for sure right?
Last edited by BullBear52x on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
stockcycle

Post by stockcycle »

Seems a pop-up is due.
soku

Post by soku »

rhight wrote:Good morning all. An irregular contribution from yours truly. This is a study of a prior Bear Cross of the 50/200 DMA in late 2007, ultimately followed by a bearish resolution. There was also a bear cross in July 2010, and that had a bullish resolution. So nothing is certain, but the fundamentals suggest a "new" recession is near, so this time may be more similar to 2007 than 2010. Lots of chop, if you can stay on the right side of the market.
now i remember, we had a discussion on ma a while ago. i also checked couple 50-200 crossovers. i think the key here is 200ma has to go down trend to confirm a longer term bearish trend. we also discussed the slope and the lag of 200ma. it stayed there as i expected. as long as we don't have a quick rally to recover all the loss, it will go down very soon.
recall 2010. remember the jackson hole conf 2010? the rally started at that time. per my projection at that time fundamental value of spx is 950 (850 for now). it is the extra liquidity from qe2 pushed the market higher. ultimately in 2010, 50 cross back up 200 to confirm the buy signal. i will not think of long until the golden cross over happens.
and interestingly, last year the golden cross happened very close to where we are now. is it merely coincidence?
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
jdiesel77

Post by jdiesel77 »

BullBear52x wrote:
jdiesel77 wrote:sorry for posting im sure its been answered many times but i couldn't find an answer via search. what is the significance of a P bar? how and why does it happen ? thanks in advance.
I see it as trade imbalance, MM's work nothing more, if P bar were to filled every time then we have 127 spike and Aug low to fill, one of them will play out for sure right?

thanks for replying but im just confused as to why it happens randomly. Why is the tick so much higher than the previous and the one right after? So there was just a huge amount of buying interest for 1 tick that gets filled much higher? or is it a "misprint?"
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

jdiesel77 wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
thanks for replying but im just confused as to why it happens randomly. Why is the tick so much higher than the previous and the one right after? So there was just a huge amount of buying interest for 1 tick that gets filled much higher? or is it a "misprint?"
King Cobra post yest (friday) 1:50 ET
“The phantom bar is a false tick on SPY intraday chart on stockcharts.com….. usually that false tick will be reached within a few days. It actually reflects big guys doing behind us in the dark pool. so that's why it's amazingly accurate.”
Last edited by Al_Dente on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I don't know what's happening with AAPL but the chart looks like an exhaustion bar to me. :shock:
Attachments
2.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
uempel

Post by uempel »

MA 13 and the Bollinger Band 13/1 often good for a trade:
SPX4.png
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

P bar is a Phantom Bar that appears from time to time, and some people have noticed that the area reached by the phantom bar is reached by the market, sometimes the same day, and sometimes, within days to a week.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

StrikePrice wrote:AAPL will likely take out it's all-time High this week while the S&P hangs 25% below it's all-time High and 13% below yearly High. I just can't think of a better stock to own for the next couple years. Anyone got some contenders?
Thanks for going and buying AAPL after I posted this.

You guys rock!!!
Attachments
AAPL.png
soku

Post by soku »

Cobra wrote:I don't know what's happening with AAPL but the chart looks like an exhaustion bar to me. :shock:
pre-rally of ip5. rumored to be released on oct 15. i called for it 3 months ago.
Last edited by soku on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
lqiantobe

Post by lqiantobe »

Corba~ If people on earth knows FOMC will make market go up, then late afternoon on Today will reverse, most of people will buy on dip?
CMT

Post by CMT »

Check out CMG, burritos are getting extra sauce again. Setting up nicely for some puts in the near future!
jaaawf

Post by jaaawf »

soku wrote:
Cobra wrote:I don't know what's happening with AAPL but the chart looks like an exhaustion bar to me. :shock:
pre-rally of ip5. rumored to be released on oct 15. i called for it 2 months ago.
I think the rumors of Apple TV is getting louder too...Supposedly they want to completely redo the TV watching experience and are contracting out to suppliers already. Does this mean I have to replace my TV every 12 months too?
jdiesel77

Post by jdiesel77 »

Al_Dente wrote:
jdiesel77 wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
King Cobra post yest (friday) 1:50 ET
“The phantom bar is a false tick on SPY intraday chart on stockcharts.com….. usually that false tick will be reached within a few days. It actually reflects big guys doing behind us in the dark pool. so that's why it's amazingly accurate.”

great thanks
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

L4 short on first testing EMA20, not sure if L4 is good enough setup, let's see. Overall, it still looks like a bear flag.
Attachments
1.png

soku

Post by soku »

here is the plan, after euro close, there could be some dip. i will buy dip below 1185 and hope to sell above 1196 for the next run
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lqiantobe wrote:Corba~ If people on earth knows FOMC will make market go up, then late afternoon on Today will reverse, most of people will buy on dip?
no idea. just such a gap down got completely reversed is rare especially the market has been up 5 days in a row in the past. So although I'm rally scared by bulls but I'm trying hard to think this time is not different - a huge gap down should mean close low of the day. I'm trying, really trying not think of power of bull side. :lol:

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Line in the sand.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
stucap

Post by stucap »

jaaawf wrote:
soku wrote:
pre-rally of ip5. rumored to be released on oct 15. i called for it 2 months ago.
I think the rumors of Apple TV is getting louder too...Supposedly they want to completely redo the TV watching experience and are contracting out to suppliers already. Does this mean I have to replace my TV every 12 months too?
Yeah, because you won't be cool if you don't.....and they'll be like 25% more than the comparable samsung/sony/lg etc.