Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/21/2018 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

07/21/2018 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Up 3 weeks in a row, 82% chances higher high ahead the next week, so likely the top wasn't in yet.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 07/21/2018 Weekend Update

Post by Al_Dente »

WEEK AT A GLANCE
720week glance.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

THIS IS A SHOCKER from Doug Kass:
“After a great deal of thought and following a discussion with my investors and limited partners I have decided to liquidate all of my long holdings
a rare move for me.
“… it is a bet that I will be able to buy back my favorite stocks and sectors at a reasonably large discount …
an approximate … 10% market correction over the next six months.
Position: Long SPY puts, SDS, GLD (large), Short SPY (large)
[doug kass via zh]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

Al_Dente wrote:THIS IS A SHOCKER from Doug Kass:
“After a great deal of thought and following a discussion with my investors and limited partners I have decided to liquidate all of my long holdings
Who knows what Kass really does..Everybody has an agenda, especially in the investment marketing entertainment industry

https://www.tipranks.com/bloggers/doug-kass

Difficult to find any real research on track records of those gurus. Not much interest in past performance. Searching for seabreeze partners track record yields nothing

A year ago he said to short AMZN https://www.investopedia.com/news/its-t ... azon-kass/

Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Asian markets are deja vueing all over Friday. Not quite as severe a drop, but still a solid 16 points or so. Put in a lower low and is now doing that congestion just above the bottom. Thursday night Cobra said, essentially, don't panic, could be back to break even by New York open and he was mostly right.

But now it is a repeat (never a good thing). We will see in the morning if the bounce fail bounce pattern continues. So far not the gap and go senario to start the week, but who knows, maybe the "National Team" will turn this around. One thing for sure is I will be looking at the charts from an hour before the New York open, maybe I will go back to bed afterwards time will tell. Hey I live in mountain time so the open is at 7:30 for me so Farmer's hours. That's why I trade with my cats, nobody else wants to get up that early. :lol: