Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/11/2018 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

08/11/2018 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Down 1 week, the next week has 61% chances to close up.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 08/11/2018 Weekend Update

Post by Al_Dente »

CEO Nadella sold approximately $36 million of MSFT stock (328,000 shares x average price $109.44) according to an SEC filing on Friday.
He still owns 778,596 shares of Microsoft stock following the sell off…… His holdings [as of Friday] would be worth approximately $85.2 million.
https://www.geekwire.com/2018/satya-nad ... enure-ceo/
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Coolbizcharts.png
From Saturday-
"SPX Primary Bullish Probabilty at 51% Alt. Bearish Probablity at 49% now.May shift to all out bearish in few weeks.
1. Fom April Low at 2554, structure is bearish similar to GOLD from 2011 high to a drop and a retrace for a Wave(2) in 2012.
2. $COMP from Mar 2000 to Sept. 2000."
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

coolbiz trades.png
"Trades..Aug 01-10th. Reality of a successful trader... (Investing is different) I’m a trader. I’m not a perma-bull, perma-bear, goldbug, silver-bug, bull-bug, bear-bug, or bear-hug . I trade the short side and the long side. As long as I make money, I’m a happy-bug. :-)"

Cats here. He wants this stuff widely disseminated. I do enjoy his view and his attitude. The difficulty I have is his use of Elliot Wave. There are maybe a dozen moments from Wall Street Week with Louis Resizer that burned themselves into my memory and I can still recall like yesterday. Robert Prechter is one of them. Lou asked him why with so many practitioners of Elliot Wave he was the only one who seemed to be making money. All these years later and Elliot Wave is now on the Technical Analyst exam as it should be, but not as a predictor, rather as the best language for describing market moves. For me what Coolbiz does is a black box act which makes his advice more entertainment than actionable. I can not properly add labels to his charts a month into the future, I have tried and I do not end up where he does.

There is no consistency in Elliot Wave practitioners, there is very little agreement on the count over a specific time frame. To me it is more like written music. B flat is one thing on paper but many things depending on who is playing and what they are playing. Elliot Wave has math and ratios at its core but it is dynamic not static so it is always an art form not an advanced arithmetic.