Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/17/2018 Live Update

Trades with cats

Re: 08/17/2018 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

It is options expiration and I assume Goldman will make millions if all the insurance puts expire worthless. So please do not say they don't know who to call at the Wall Street Journal. :twisted:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

100% mm so might still have legs, may pullback here first though.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

Now they decide to say very close to a deal with Mexico. Problem is the market just doesn't want to trade into that Aug 9th range.
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

Trades with cats wrote:It is options expiration and I assume Goldman will make millions if all the insurance puts expire worthless. So please do not say they don't know who to call at the Wall Street Journal. :twisted:
Whatever happened to Max Pain .. ore maybe I just don't understand it..

http://www.opricot.com/ticker/spy/optiongraphs

Trades with cats

My chart says Aug 9 10 opening gap is now filled. So the Goddess Fortuna is appeased and the fall can continue next week. If FANNGs less Apple selling continues. Of course the Wall Street Journal could find another half dozen trade delegations with travel plans. Or the PBoC could announce a new easy money policy Sunday night. But it is all a side show compared to the Fed and friends reducing liquidity. What is fascinating to me is they have just started and look at the chaos already.
Trades with cats

Shaishen,

Wow, thanks for that link. We are clearly in the max pain zone. We know Goldman and the other wall street banks have a significant chunk of the other side of those bets. For the most part I think you can count on them spending some to make a lot.

I think another factor is the White House. They really really need the market to stay healthy into the November elections and they have not been shy about sending Munchkin, Kudlow and you name it out to try and talk things higher.

However it happened (as they used to say by hook or by crook) we will all be expecting new all time highs next week. I for one will be watching the Asian markets on Sunday night. Cobra patiently reminds me that a big down can easily be gone by the New York open. But today it took the whole day, so you just never know. :D
QED

Post by QED »

Trades with cats wrote:What is fascinating to me is they have just started and look at the chaos already.
Must be just a coincidence that gun stocks (such as AOBC) have recently begun a stealthy climb. ;-)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Monday has been mixed. thank you guys, I'll see you in another thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

QED

Post by QED »

It is always interesting when the banksters get together and conspire. :twisted:

Fed’s Powell may use Jackson Hole speech to discuss potential trouble ahead

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/feds- ... =rss&rss=1