Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/24/2018 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

09/24/2018 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

it's bear flag, so favors bears a little bit. bear flag usually doesn't work and this is why I said "a little bit". There're chances today would be a trend day.
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 09/24/2018 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far looks like a downtrend day (usually) with later day reversal up.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Rod Rosenstein has verbally submitted his resignation and the White House has accepted it
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

vix again ripe...
UN and Fed on deck...
Fangs struggling...
should be a 'fun' week
Attachments
sc (1).png
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Wednesday last week the big traders were aware that Goldman and the rest of the option market makers were in a bad position on calls above 2920 meaning that the risk officers would force the traders to buy underlying at those prices and above to cover the calls they had sold. When price took off in the low volume dark of the night I guessed the next day that it was Goldman but boy did I have that wrong. Anyway it was fun while it lasted but it is over and the market has returned to where it was when the hedge funds (guess on my part) gave Goldman some of their own back. :D

Will make a note to find a good source of options volumes next time because it must have been fun knowing the big banks were going to buy into every advance.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Apple- Media reports say new I phone launch in China pretty much a flop. Analysts now saying only thing to keep the stock up is buybacks. I am sure there are other opinions on that but it looks like the chattering class is no longer in love with da fruit.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

TRAN weak
If it closes below 20ma, it would be the first time since July
924tran.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Was traveling last week and putting in a new driveway with some landscaping this week. These kinds of activities sure put a hurting on my day trading! Hope to be back on the board soon!
This is not investment or trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Rosenstein summoned to the white house
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

te_fern wrote:Was traveling last week and putting in a new driveway with some landscaping this week. These kinds of activities sure put a hurting on my day trading! Hope to be back on the board soon!
I find physical activity with a final result (like landscaping) you can look at what you did (and show it to your family and neighbors) is very rewarding and a great balance to screen time. It's like creating a painting with sweat and muscle. 8-)

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Cobra wrote:so far looks like a downtrend day...
As I enter this post it indeed looks like it could be--for SPX/SPY.

QQQ on the other hand has completely erased its large opening down gap and looks like it might be in the middle of an uptrend day.

Also of note: per Schwab today is an ex-div day for QQQ, and this make affect some charts.
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

Trades with cats wrote: Will make a note to find a good source of options volumes next time because it must have been fun knowing the big banks were going to buy into every advance.
Maybe you already looked at https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/optionVolumeReport
Find the site somewhat messy, but one can filter out decent info with the free content

Their vids are unwatchable for me, these 2 guys are rather annoying with their forced cool dude approach but that's just me, I am sure others like it.

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

$NYUPV
Extreme volume, like Friday’s, can stall the market
924nyadv.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

twitter weighs in:
"If you’re just joining us, Rod Rosenstein has resigned but also hasn’t resigned yet and is going to the White House in order to resign and also to be fired and also he’s already BEEN fired and is already gone and also isn’t resigning or getting fired."
:lol: :lol:
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

rod.png
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:Apple- Media reports say new I phone launch in China pretty much a flop. Analysts now saying only thing to keep the stock up is buybacks. I am sure there are other opinions on that but it looks like the chattering class is no longer in love with da fruit.
'Media' is the chattering class. They have rarely liked Apple being successful. Negative takes abound on almost everything Apple does, says, or does not do or say.

Apple will sell a shit-ton of iPhones in the next 12 months. Whether that is a metric ton or a short ton remains to be seen.

The iPhone XR model may well be the new volume seller, and that model will not even become available for pre-order, let alone in-store sale, for a few weeks. All told Apple may sell significantly more iPhones this fiscal year than during the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus era (Sept 2014 intro of the first large Plus size iPhone). ASP seems likely to remain robust.

For AAPL the question seems to be more about how many 'investors' are on the long vs. short sides of the boat, and which side gets hurt first, or the most.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »