Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

Weekend Watering Hole

cougar

Re: Weekend Watering Hole

Post by cougar »

On SPX monthly we just made 5 consecutive red solid bodied candles. In this formation, each body is longer than the one preceding it… However, in its totality, the last candle shows that Sep was an “inside month”. Yes, it was, but not by much! LOL!
So, if you short the market, don’t take your honey to Vermont to look at the leaves, for more than 2-3 days! Da Boyz might prepare some surprise for us…

=============
On the chart, long term targets remain the same.
Attachments
SPXmGIF.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

On the weekly, I can sense a strong bearishness hidden inside this congestion zone…and my indicators sense it too!
Attachments
SPXwGIF.GIF
cougar

Post by cougar »

Have a nice weekend!
rhight

Post by rhight »

cougar wrote:
=============
I don't think I see this on any of your charts, but check it out. Trend slope from the 03/2009 low to the August 9, 2001 low now works out to 0.50 points/day on SPX. So wouldn't that be a 1:2 Gann line? It projects to 1120.6 on this coming Monday, and so would constitute important support from that perspective....correct? Needless to say, if all this support is broken, then that could have some significance. Although, I remember the bear trap that occurred back in June 2010, so of course caution is warranted, as always.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
cougar

Post by cougar »

rhight wrote:
cougar wrote:
=============
I don't think I see this on any of your charts, but check it out. Trend slope from the 03/2009 low to the August 9, 2001 low now works out to 0.50 points/day on SPX. So wouldn't that be a 1:2 Gann line? It projects to 1120.6 on this coming Monday, and so would constitute important support from that perspective....correct? Needless to say, if all this support is broken, then that could have some significance. Although, I remember the bear trap that occurred back in June 2010, so of course caution is warranted, as always.
Thank you for reminding me of Gann lines. I have a “geometrical” chart which has 2 Gann Fans. This is because in time, even a very active and “verified” Gann Fan is hard to work with, since the time/price lines diverge too much. Instead of subdividing the angles of an older Fan, I introduced a new one with the same slope. In this case, m =1, where the 1x1 line acts as an attractant in both fans, is more than even Gann could have expected…

Back to our target/support discussion... On this chart, the 100% extension of W1 and the 3x1 time/price line of the recent fan will be crossing in the near future, while SPX is dropping toward that crossing. What will it do if it meets them when it meets them? - that is the Q!
Attachments
GANN2gif.GIF
Last edited by cougar on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cougar

Post by cougar »

This is an old weekly setup, which probably should be called “the very technical DOW”:
Attachments
DOWwGIF.GIF
rocstocktrader

Post by rocstocktrader »

What is everyone's target for gold? By looking at the gold ETF GLD it looks like if GLD is consolidating for its next move higher then possible the $168-$172 area it might want to test. If the next move is lower then $145 might be a target. http://btdmarketsummary.blogspot.com/