Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/21/2018 Live Update

Al_Dente

Re: 11/21/2018 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

Lowest price ever: Apple's loaded 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro is $500 off today only
https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/11 ... hours-only
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
QED

Post by QED »

True story: I recently went to the Apple store (by appointment) to have the keyboard replaced on my 15-inch MacBook Pro (under warranty). When I was there waiting for the "genius," I ask to have the battery replaced on my iPhone ($29.00). I was told by a tattooed multi-colored hair millennial that I only had an appointment for the MacBook Pro, and that I would actually need a different appointment if I wanted them to replace the battery on my iPhone ... :roll: :?
K447

Post by K447 »

Al_Dente wrote:Lowest price ever: Apple's loaded 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro is $500 off today only
https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/11 ... hours-only
This is a very nice laptop. I use an older Late 2016 version of the same model. In my configuration it drives four external 4K screens, plus the laptop screen. Something like 40 mega pixels all told.

My understanding is that Apple is bringing in a more powerful 'Vega' GPU option for the high end laptops, so I suppose this sale price is an inventory management move to reduce the inventory of the now 'previous' highest end model. For stock charts and such work the 'on sale' model is very capable.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/14/180 ... ptions-buy

The SSD storage is ridiculously fast and the builtin laptop screen is impressively good.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Assume for a moment that AAPL (lime) is a sector, and see how it stacks up on a one-month timeframe.
Percent change, one month, 60 minutes
1121one month.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SPX five min
If it fails here, it’s a box, targeting the bottom line of the box
If it breaks out, it’s a double bottom and I’ll erase the box
1121five.png.png
Rezito

Post by Rezito »

You mean we should short Apple right now right?
QED wrote:True story: I recently went to the Apple store (by appointment) to have the keyboard replaced on my 15-inch MacBook Pro (under warranty). When I was there waiting for the "genius," I ask to have the battery replaced on my iPhone ($29.00). I was told by a tattooed multi-colored hair millennial that I only had an appointment for the MacBook Pro, and that I would actually need a different appointment if I wanted them to replace the battery on my iPhone ... :roll: :?
Rezito

Post by Rezito »

It would be nice to see the SPX gap from yesterday filled at 2683 by Friday...and then down we go next week. Happy thanksgiving to all the American peeps here.
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Pretzel Charts Elliot wave count favors that exact pattern. Bounce for a couple of days and then down hard for a year end scare. But neither he nor Coolbizone has ruled out the alternate bull count.

To me the big deal is we have not had one of those end of the world wash out days so I think this is just an opportunity to correct oversold conditions before the selling resumes. The real deal will be the language at the December Fed meeting. Was this morning a trial balloon or was it rebellion? Either way the rate futures market supposedly thinks we won't get 3 increases in 2019. I think the December language could clarify one way or the other.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. it's an ugly close but the seasonality for the coming Friday favors bulls. thank you guys, i'll see you in another thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

my HoD est was 2669.75 vs actual of 2671.25

dir was -1
it was almost an inside day. (slightly above at the top end)

(sim trade (1 contract) made $1000 with MAE of $75 -so good trade)
Last edited by daytradingES on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

QED wrote:True story: I recently went to the Apple store (by appointment) to have the keyboard replaced on my 15-inch MacBook Pro (under warranty). When I was there waiting for the "genius," I ask to have the battery replaced on my iPhone ($29.00). I was told by a tattooed multi-colored hair millennial that I only had an appointment for the MacBook Pro, and that I would actually need a different appointment if I wanted them to replace the battery on my iPhone ... :roll: :?
thanks for sharing.
great and (almost) unbelievable story and a very telling insight on how the world has changed.

In Canada where health care visits are free (to the client and paid for by taxes) doctors will no longer hear more than one compliant per appointment - you must book another. This allows the mercenaries to charge another appointment fee.

Also - so I am told they no longer do annual check-ups.

(I NEVER go to see these buffoons unless I need a script for pencillin - as when I had a tick bite and didn't want ot get lyme disease.)
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all