Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/05/2011 Intraday Watering

gabor

Re: 10/05/2011 Trading Signals

Post by gabor »

cougar wrote:There is this rumor: that the ECB will start printing money and with it buy all the worthless radioactive guano, now in the possession of European private banks…If true, the equities market would soar…
This is only a rumor… but I’ll be careful with keeping too many shorts…
That would further deflate the dollar, why would that be bullish? Commodities would further fall.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Dow Trader wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:OK now we are approaching daily ma 13, so bears got little hope around here right?
Hope ? say confidence at least I am .. today's upleg is very week and will be retraced completely in the next five day at most 8-)
I can not underestimate the power of bulls to say that even those we all see clearly it's down market. I normally stop trading once I booked profit, but I didn't today I thought I can milk it hehehe...

Thanks Cobra and everyone, and success trade to all.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. another strong day but not MAD again. well, guess statistics doesn't matter at all, thank you ladies and guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Dear Chairman of the Board:
(I saved this for the close, so not to distract u)
Re: yr overnight market-outlook comments section; creeps seem to slink in there just 2 upset u
I think your tone is PERFECT and your analysis INSPIRED
And anyone with rude/crude comments is not worth yr precious time, and deserves to be kicked off immediately, so they don’t wear u down
And I want u to get better soon, but if u need to take a few days off, we will all be here when u return
Sincerely yours,
Al
Agree and ditto.
seekingknowledge

Post by seekingknowledge »

Here is a 240 hour chart of the Russell. The Russell is usually a leading indicator of where the market is going. As you can see, it is almost to the top of its trendline. Seems like if it breaks it, we go long. Note: I learned about using a 240 hour chart from someone on this board. I found it helps to step back and look at the little bigger picture.
Attachments
Russell 240 Hour Chart.docx
Russell 240 Hour Chart
(181.24 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
uempel

Post by uempel »

BullBear52x wrote:OK now we are approaching daily ma 13, so bears got little hope around here right?
I've got all kinds of resistance at 1152, the DMA 610 is also there. But after reading Jarbo's comment and looking at treasury-charts I'm careful...
SPX11.png
SPX12.png
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Mr. BachNut wrote:
ultramarine wrote:
Mr. BachNut wrote:Random observation: Since the August low, the risk on bullish pulses have generally run between 4 - 8 days. Doesn't mean it will repeat this time, but looking at trend line resistances, lack of overbought condition and (at the moment) good follow through on yesterday's action, this thing has some room to run. Shouldn't be straight up though.
Yes, I can see the bullish case. There are some stops being hit all the way up here. But at what point does the short/stop squeeze end? I'm not convinced that this rally is going anywhere beyond 1180. Full disclosure: trapped bear!
Agree. There ought to be a bunch of resistance at 1180 +/- 10 by the end of the week. Hard to see it getting past that without some kind of test of yesterday's low.
Right. I think 1100 has to come before 1200 in that sense. I don't think we even get to 1180 before a major down day or two.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i'm holding my longs overnight cautiously...i think we're in for a slammer, but i don't think mr. market has twisted that knife in the side of the shorts enough quite yet...
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

uempel wrote:
I've got all kinds of resistance at 1152, the DMA 610 is also there. But after reading Jarbo's comment and looking at treasury-charts I'm careful...
SPX11.png
SPX12.png
Nice chart and thank you for showing up today. I got to go with the short term chart, up is up, price performance is not bearish at all today.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

BullBear52x wrote:
uempel wrote:
SPX11.png
SPX12.png
Nice chart and thank you for showing up today. I got to go with the short term chart, up is up, price performance is not bearish at all today.
Yeah, I agree, market was bullish today. But this market (and especially the European markets) are so crazy, anything can happen. Difficult to trade. As soon as a trick goes it does not go a second time...
AK84

Post by AK84 »

seekingknowledge wrote:Here is a 240 hour chart of the Russell. The Russell is usually a leading indicator of where the market is going. As you can see, it is almost to the top of its trendline. Seems like if it breaks it, we go long. Note: I learned about using a 240 hour chart from someone on this board. I found it helps to step back and look at the little bigger picture.
That would line up nicely with me wanting to buy TZA at 42!

I wait patiently :twisted:
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

AK84 wrote:
seekingknowledge wrote:Here is a 240 hour chart of the Russell. The Russell is usually a leading indicator of where the market is going. As you can see, it is almost to the top of its trendline. Seems like if it breaks it, we go long. Note: I learned about using a 240 hour chart from someone on this board. I found it helps to step back and look at the little bigger picture.

That would be a nice entry to be sure. Just a note that today's close on the RUT was at 61% retracement from the most recent high and low.
uempel

Post by uempel »

ultramarine wrote:
AK84 wrote:

That would be a nice entry to be sure. Just a note that today's close on the RUT was at 61% retracement from the most recent high and low.
Seeking, do you mean a 240 MA on the hourly? That's a 37 MA on the daily. Never heard - doesn't mean it ain't viable...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:
Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. another strong day but not MAD again. well, guess statistics doesn't matter at all, thank you ladies and guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Re: yr overnight market-outlook comments section; creeps seem to slink in there just 2 upset u
And anyone with rude/crude comments is not worth yr precious time, and deserves to be kicked off immediately, so they don’t wear u down
And I want u to get better soon, but if u need to take a few days off, we will all be here when u return
Sincerely yours,
Al
Thanks, appreciate. :lol:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Sincerely yours,
Al
Thanks, appreciate. :lol:
Wow, Al_dente, you really chose the right words!
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I agree too ...........Take a rest dear Cobra .... 8-) !!!
seekingknowledge

Post by seekingknowledge »

uempel wrote:
ultramarine wrote:
AK84 wrote:

Seeking, do you mean a 240 MA on the hourly? That's a 37 MA on the daily. Never heard - doesn't mean it ain't viable...
So sorry, everyone! This is a 240 MINUTE chart ... and like most of you, I'll short the TZA at the trendline and go long only if it breaks ... and even then, would wait for pullback. Again, sorry for the confusion!!
rocstocktrader

Post by rocstocktrader »

Here is an interesting stock market video: “What To Expect And How To Trade The Next Moves In The Dollar, Stocks And Bonds”

You can find the video on the right sidebar under: Tools-Free Trading Videos.

http://stk.ly/qYFCaS
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

:D
Attachments
Voila
Voila
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

:D