Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

12/11/2018 Live Update

Trades with cats

Re: 12/11/2018 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

ES 12-18 (2000 Tick) 2018_12_11 (1_36_36 PM).png
Divergence Oscillator in the second box, really doesn't like this move.
pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

I don't like the price action right now. If it breaks 2655 I'll have to add to my going to be losing position in the upper 2680s and 2690s.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

HAPPY HOUR
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
QED

Post by QED »

pathogambler wrote:I don't like the price action right now. If it breaks 2655 I'll have to add to my going to be losing position in the upper 2680s and 2690s.
You really need to put in a profit stop so that you do not give it all back.

Never turn a winning trade into a losing trade!

Also, why do you plan on adding to a losing position at a higher price on this trade, when you can stop out with a profit, and then open a new short at whatever price you decide.

Never assume with certainty that you know what the market is going to do.

pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

QED wrote:
pathogambler wrote:I don't like the price action right now. If it breaks 2655 I'll have to add to my going to be losing position in the upper 2680s and 2690s.
You really need to put in a profit stop so that you do not give it all back.

Never turn a winning trade into a losing trade!

Also, why do you plan on adding to a losing position at a higher price on this trade, when you can stop out with a profit, and then open a new short at whatever price you decide.

Never assume with certainty that you know what the market is going to do.

Thank you. It's okay to lose money, because when you lose then the next move is the winning one for swing traders.
K447

Post by K447 »

pathogambler wrote:... It's okay to lose money, because when you lose then the next move is the winning one for swing traders.
There is no such rule.
Trades with cats

If you are a venture capital person and you miss a great opportunity it is a tragedy. If you trade stocks then the market will always provide another set up.

So I think Warren Buffet says something like this. Rule 1 don't lose money. Rule 2 , see rule one.
So yes take a profit and don't suffer from Fear Of Missing Out. :D
pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

K447 wrote:
pathogambler wrote:... It's okay to lose money, because when you lose then the next move is the winning one for swing traders.
There is no such rule.
I didn't know there are rules in trading, like physics chemistry and math? Hardline rules?
pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

Trades with cats wrote:If you are a venture capital person and you miss a great opportunity it is a tragedy. If you trade stocks then the market will always provide another set up.

So I think Warren Buffet says something like this. Rule 1 don't lose money. Rule 2 , see rule one.
So yes take a profit and don't suffer from Fear Of Missing Out. :D
Oh I see what you mean now. Suggestions.

Because I was very sure before I started trading is that "there are no rules". I make up my own boundaries and my own risk factors.
K447

Post by K447 »

pathogambler wrote:
K447 wrote:
There is no such rule.
I didn't know there are rules in trading, like physics chemistry and math? Hardline rules?
Your post suggested there was some connection between losing a trade and what would happen on the next trade.

I said the opposite. There is no rule that a winning trade must follow a losing trade.
pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

K447 wrote:
pathogambler wrote:
K447 wrote:
There is no such rule.
Your post suggested there was some connection between losing a trade and what would happen on the next trade.

I said the opposite. There is no rule that a winning trade must follow a losing trade.
Understood. I apologize for mistakenly thinking something else. You are correct, there are no rules. For me usually it is correct trade when I'm wrong. I know for daytraders they can be wrong 10,000 times in a row, :)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

past 4 days
5min chart
inverted H&S on SPX
won’t confirm until the neckline is broken..... which is very near.........
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

Trading is living in a probability cloud built with semi-reliable statistics. So yes there is firm math, but the math is about probability. There are several sets of sayings that have been proven through time. There are also decent probability rules for amount of capital at risk (risk of ruin). There are also huge numbers of scammers selling educational materials and guaranteed systems. So in the end we are all students of the great game. :geek:
QED

Post by QED »

“Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market.  Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money.”

— Ed Seykota

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

The "rule" most of us use on this board is "TECHNICAL ANALYSIS 101"
examples:
http://thepatternsite.com/chartpatterns.html
pathogambler

Post by pathogambler »

Trades with cats wrote:Trading is living in a probability cloud built with semi-reliable statistics. So yes there is firm math, but the math is about probability. There are several sets of sayings that have been proven through time. There are also decent probability rules for amount of capital at risk (risk of ruin). There are also huge numbers of scammers selling educational materials and guaranteed systems. So in the end we are all students of the great game. :geek:
Totally agree on probabilities. I wish Cobra would give us even more quantitative data and less focus on patterns and what not. I rather trade like a hedge fund based on hard data and not like a retail investor using obsolete early 20th century indicators. Anyway, Cobra's weekend analysis has some good quantitative data that I really like. I wish I had the guts to enter a long position at 2590 yesterday to exit at 2650 based on the weekend data.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Al_Dente wrote:intraday
SMALLS
shorts are covering
5min
bulls pullback
struggling to hold onto that higher low
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

:o hot stove alert :o
K447

Post by K447 »

pathogambler wrote:... I wish Cobra would give us even more quantitative data ...
From a previous end of day post;
K447 wrote:
Cobra wrote:.... Non farm payroll day tomorrow has been down 4 of the last 4.
These next day statistical notes might be more useful if posted earlier in the day.

Why wait until near the close to mention them?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.