Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/22/2011 Intraday Watering

koolblue

Re: 02/22/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by koolblue »

koolblue wrote:Careful boyz! Justin Bieber cut his hair yesterday! 1310 coming soon!...
... BINGO! Thx Beeb you just made me 4 handles!!! :lol:
wave

Post by wave »

Damn, I closed my short positions too early. Need more patient.
andyzaky

Post by andyzaky »

wave wrote:Damn, I closed my short positions too early. Need more patient.
Shit. That's exactly and precisely my sentiment. I completely fumbled this one. After being super patient, I took a huge short position right at the close on Friday - SPY March $133 puts @ $1.52. I closed the position at $2.50 in the very early morning. Literally at the opening bell as I thought this would be a headfake. Those puts are sitting at $3.30 right now. FML FML! Well we'll see what happens. I mean this what you get when you close positions quickly. It really did benefit me though on the Egypt news. I dumped at the close that day and it really panned out. Obviously, doing this on every up and down move, means you leave money on the table. But it also means it saves your ass. This morning when the SPY rallied, I felt really good about dumping that position. And we could have very well seen the markets rally off the gap as it has done for the past 6 months.

But this sell-off feels real and I think we will see two legs down. This means, there will be an opportunity to reshort on the next rebound. But yeah. It sucks closing a position and seeing it up another 35% within a few hours.
uempel

Post by uempel »

I would not be surprised to see a rally above the 20 DMA at the close.
bokchoy888

Post by bokchoy888 »

andyzaky wrote:
Shit. That's exactly and precisely my sentiment. I completely fumbled this one. After being super patient, I took a huge short position right at the close on Friday - SPY March $133 puts @ $1.52. I closed the position at $2.50 in the very early morning. Literally at the opening bell as I thought this would be a headfake. Those puts are sitting at $3.30 right now. FML FML! Well we'll see what happens. I mean this what you get when you close positions quickly. It really did benefit me though on the Egypt news. I dumped at the close that day and it really panned out. Obviously, doing this on every up and down move, means you leave money on the table. But it also means it saves your ass. This morning when the SPY rallied, I felt really good about dumping that position. And we could have very well seen the markets rally off the gap as it has done for the past 6 months.

But this sell-off feels real and I think we will see two legs down. This means, there will be an opportunity to reshort on the next rebound. But yeah. It sucks closing a position and seeing it up another 35% within a few hours.
Did the same last friday, covered the shorts this morning during the strong rebound, then chased qid 2 twice on smaller size. missed last 10 cents run on qid. so if I hold tight, I might make most $ but of course more risk.
Mr. Panic

Post by Mr. Panic »

$nymo is going to drop well below the 0 line. It looks like a possible TD bear flip at the close. Numerology wins out this time. The Social Network had it nailed. Today is 235 days from the July 1 low. Next possible key date is 235days from July 4?//
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

A little bit resistance here (multiple), no idea how market cloces, but guess that's it for today, thank you guys. Today's best trade is when I hatched that evil plan and went out, gladly I had a sell stop below that evil position. I cannot explain why that's a good trade, mostly came out of my feelings I shall say, perhaps the rebound was so strong, it's very strange the 2nd time it tried to rebound couldn't even make a higher high so it's kind of weak? Thanks again, guys, see you tomorrow!
Attachments
SPY5min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
uempel

Post by uempel »

They don't want the market to close beneath the 20 DMA, now at 14.51...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Well, indeed reverses back to flag area, guess could be more tomorrow morning. But NORMALLY such kind of first rebound shall fail.
Attachments
SPY5min.png

bokchoy888

Post by bokchoy888 »

Cobra wrote:A little bit resistance here (multiple), no idea how market cloces, but guess that's it for today, thank you guys. Today's best trade is when I hatched that evil plan and went out, gladly I had a sell stop below that evil position. I cannot explain why that's a good trade, mostly came out of my feelings I shall say, perhaps the rebound was so strong, it's very strange the 2nd time it tried to rebound couldn't even make a higher high so it's kind of weak? Thanks again, guys, see you tomorrow!

Cobra, it seems you showed your true evil nature in the English blog than in the Chine one. :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bokchoy888 wrote:
Cobra wrote:A little bit resistance here (multiple), no idea how market cloces, but guess that's it for today, thank you guys. Today's best trade is when I hatched that evil plan and went out, gladly I had a sell stop below that evil position. I cannot explain why that's a good trade, mostly came out of my feelings I shall say, perhaps the rebound was so strong, it's very strange the 2nd time it tried to rebound couldn't even make a higher high so it's kind of weak? Thanks again, guys, see you tomorrow!

Cobra, it seems you showed your true evil nature in the English blog than in the Chine one. :lol:
:roll:

wyemlyy

Post by wyemlyy »

Finally it is about 0.5pt shy off 20D EMA, that might be sign of further weakness
uempel wrote:They don't want the market to close beneath the 20 DMA, now at 14.51...
99er

Post by 99er »

ES
Experimental S/R based on Wolfe Waves hints that it's just a "pause that refreshes."
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/02/es_4639.html