Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby silicon_beaver » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

wayne0708 wrote:corba:
bad close for whom, bear or bull?


I would think bull. Since BanZhang is bull-biased today.
User avatar
silicon_beaver
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:09 pm
Location: Beaverton OR

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Al_Dente » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:56 pm

cougar wrote:Something funny today : the bots are set up to initiate orders for high beta stocks as a function of the fluctuations of the TICK!

Thanks cougar, VERY interesting, aren’t bots always keyed to tick, or only today? (this seismic gotta be bots)
Would appreciate if u could elaborate….
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby MrMiyagi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Bulls cooked for tomorrow? Perhaps it will gap up...
User avatar
MrMiyagi
 
Posts: 10250
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby jarbo456 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

good amount of dumping in the last couple of minutes of the day, wonder if this is bull positive or negative for tomorrow. anyone have a feel or data on this?
User avatar
jarbo456
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:58 pm

well, guess that's it for today. bears need a follow through tomorrow. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby newbie_77 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:58 pm

looks like we are gonna close @ LOD today ....
newbie_77
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby bpi22 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Close tomorrow below today's low :twisted:
Attachments
SPY.png
bpi22
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:45 am

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:02 pm

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby txsky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Thank you Cobra. It is amazing that the pullback that you talked about since last friday happened. We will see where the pullback will get.
The volume of today's pullback is low, so I guess there will be more pullback in the near future.
txsky
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Al_Dente » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:07 pm

bpi22 wrote:Close tomorrow below today's low :twisted:

I LIKE that one :)
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby 99er » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:07 pm

User avatar
99er
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby tdo722 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Cobra wrote:
seekingknowledge wrote:
Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote:Cobra
You think more down ahead ? Im seeing SPX and INDU touching 20dma Weekly and thats why the sell off imo. First touch of Weekly 20MA is sell right ? So more down ahead then but eventually a buy ? Im a bit confused sorry .


I don't feel bearish.

but my guess is the pullback isn't over yet.


Hi, Cobra, I might not be getting it, but wondering why you think the pullback isn't over if you are not bearish. What is your pullback target? Thanks!


I've already given the target. before the tinted area taken, bulls are ok, before the green line taken, I'm not worried.



RUT retraced more than 100% already cobra. What do you make of that? Will SPX follows RUT?
tdo722
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby cougar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Al_Dente wrote:
cougar wrote:Something funny today : the bots are set up to initiate orders for high beta stocks as a function of the fluctuations of the TICK!

Thanks cougar, VERY interesting, aren’t bots always keyed to tick, or only today? (this seismic gotta be bots)
Would appreciate if u could elaborate….

Usually, for trading high beta stocks, bots are pegged to the index closest to particular any stock. But sometimes, when the market is not predictable, the handlers try to front-run the moves by “pegging" them directly to the TICK, so that they enter the trade about 0.3 sec. earlier…which for H.F. trading is a lot.They do that only for the stocks where it’s worth it…
cougar
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Al_Dente » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 pm

cougar wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
cougar wrote:Something funny today : the bots are set up to initiate orders for high beta stocks as a function of the fluctuations of the TICK!

Thanks cougar, VERY interesting, aren’t bots always keyed to tick, or only today? (this seismic gotta be bots)
Would appreciate if u could elaborate….

Usually, for trading high beta stocks, bots are pegged to the index closest to particular any stock. But sometimes, when the market is not predictable, the handlers try to front-run the moves by “pegging" them directly to the TICK, so that they enter the trade about 0.3 sec. earlier…which for H.F. trading is a lot.They do that only for the stocks where it’s worth it…

THANKS cougar, got it, have 2 study it to figure what it means 4 us…
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby EFA » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. bears need a follow through tomorrow. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks Cobra! :D
User avatar
EFA
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:47 am

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby Cobra » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

tdo722 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
seekingknowledge wrote:
Cobra wrote:
AK84 wrote:Cobra
You think more down ahead ? Im seeing SPX and INDU touching 20dma Weekly and thats why the sell off imo. First touch of Weekly 20MA is sell right ? So more down ahead then but eventually a buy ? Im a bit confused sorry .


I don't feel bearish.

but my guess is the pullback isn't over yet.


Hi, Cobra, I might not be getting it, but wondering why you think the pullback isn't over if you are not bearish. What is your pullback target? Thanks!


I've already given the target. before the tinted area taken, bulls are ok, before the green line taken, I'm not worried.



RUT retraced more than 100% already cobra. What do you make of that? Will SPX follows RUT?


that's just the 1st sign. It's rare the push up we had in the last 2 weeks simply failed without fighting.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
User avatar
Cobra
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44795
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby tdo722 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks Cobra. I am expecting/hoping SPX will retrace up to 38.2% of 1074 which should be 1167, if not down to 61.8% at 1131.96 before heading back up crossing 1224. In the mean time, we might be seeing a slight upward in the morning Tuesday before a big dump. Thank god for the corrective wave. I almost thought I missed the rally of the year. :)
tdo722
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby wayne0708 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Gaps on Oct-10 and Oct-12 will be filled
wayne0708
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:37 am

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby rocstocktrader » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Stock market article: “How Gold & Stocks Are About To Repeat The 2010 Bottom”

http://stk.ly/qYFCaS
rocstocktrader
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: 10/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Postby mozart » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Hmm,to many people bearish,charts look perfectly aligned for another drop, thinks tend to go opposite.
Short positions are on decline(SPY,SLV,GLD), who is exiting (? smart money).
Perhaps maybe early Christmas run in making?
Just another opinion!
mozart
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:42 pm
Location: Toronto

Previous

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests