Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/28/2011 Intraday Watering

gabor

Re: 10/28/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by gabor »

Cobra wrote:
no rule. Have I ever declared this is a bear market? I really don't care if it's a bull or bear market.
No you did not declare anything like that, but many trader believe, that is the olny thing you have to know.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Cobra - if your target is still 1000, wouldn't that be a bear market? Thanks
cougar

Post by cougar »

Al_Dente wrote:
cougar wrote:
99er wrote:So what does Dr. Copper say? HG http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/10/copper_28.html
Overthrow.
He says: "Buy JJC if it touches the low limit ofthe Regression Channel and then bounces ."
GM cougar. VERY interesting your MATs and MAW from yest JJC 30 min
Of course I tried to steal, pardon, reproduce MATs, but stkchrts limits me, so I used rough “equivalent” MAs on 60min, and got close but no cigar.
But your MAW on my “equivalent” 60m is almost exactly the MA I always use on my 60m, nice.
I did like yr (30min) yellow MAW cross signaling buy 10/26, but am happy to use my old MAs and the breakout high as signal (but your MAW cross DID AVOID whipsaw !!). I do appreciate u sharing that.

Anyway, we may be on the same page (or close), although I dumped JJC and pulled it all over to FCX. You already know how I feel about that JJC tramp, not only do I think she’s an occasional liar, I surmise that she’s a cheater too, probably sleepin’ around with other metals behind our backs, she cannot always be trusted
Al Dente: good job!
I agree: better trade FCX. But, right now, FCX is in limbo:
Attachments
FCXgif.GIF
ricster3

Post by ricster3 »

barbaragull wrote:
agnosia wrote:long 1275, stop 1274... gap fill at 1280.75
Is your stop a little too tight?

I took huge loss (nearly 20% of my account) this moring before hour (wrong timing again :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: ), and will set stop in the future.
At least you still have an account ;)

I got wiped out playing options (being a pig). Granted it was only a 4k account..
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

ultramarine wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:OMG, gigantic hawk on my back patio table, stretched out both my arms very very wide to estimate wing span, devouring bird, can’t tell what kind of bird, head dangling off broken neck, feathers littering entire patio, NEVER saw that before, scary, hand holding coffee is shaking, quietly closed sliding doors, hawk glared at me, flew away, he’ll be back for the rest of his breakfast, soon…
Internals update confirm bear:http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYDEC ... =246211365
Could be an omen for you. :)
hi ultra...maybe omen, but bear getting weaker here
speaking of which, wonder where that wussie bbear52x is today
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

bobo wrote:Using EWT, if (iii) of v of C of minor 2 topped yesterday, 1265 would represent a 38.2% retracement of (iii) and there would be one final push higher in (v) to say 1307, although there is a pivot at 1303.

SB73 wrote:Look for touch to 1265ish before testing highs.
Yes, looking for 38.2% retrace but this triangle refuses to break down. I think it's because all the smart money listen to Cobra. Up before down I guess.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Bull defending 1278 like life depended on it.
barbaragull

Post by barbaragull »

ricster3 wrote:
barbaragull wrote:

I took huge loss (nearly 20% of my account) this moring before hour (wrong timing again :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: ), and will set stop in the future.

I got wiped out playing options (being a pig). Granted it was only a 4k account..
:cry: then my loss is many times bigger than yours. i stick to averaging down (for long, or average up for short) because once i did get all the loss back and further won a remarkable profit (more than 30% of my account). but i guess i can't be so lucky every time. so will change

(Why I have to submit 3 or 4 times to post?)
Last edited by barbaragull on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

StrikePrice wrote:
bobo wrote:Using EWT, if (iii) of v of C of minor 2 topped yesterday, 1265 would represent a 38.2% retracement of (iii) and there would be one final push higher in (v) to say 1307, although there is a pivot at 1303.

SB73 wrote:Look for touch to 1265ish before testing highs.
Yes, looking for 38.2% retrace but this triangle refuses to break down. I think it's because all the smart money listen to Cobra. Up before down I guess.
Cobra = Smart Money. SB73=Kinda Smart Money
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

spy daily candle is a one big ass lateral setup for the next several days. that means a break above 1292 and we fly. a break below 1243 and we go down to hell.

they're waiting for nov 2nd result and nov 3rd results to break outside of this lateral setup. in the mean time, we trade in this range. who's best at trading range? i only know to follow trend.
soku

Post by soku »

barbaragull wrote:
ricster3 wrote:
barbaragull wrote:

:cry: then my loss is many times bigger than yours. i stick to averaging down (for long, or average up for short) because once i did get all the loss back and further won a remarkable profit (more than 30% of my account). but i guess i can't be so lucky every time. so will change

just curious. how to lose 20% this morning? you r playing options?
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
illinikap

Post by illinikap »

Anyone notice how TZA is down today, even though RUT is down?
grachu

Post by grachu »

cobra you think we are going to revisit yesterday s high as early as today? I was expecting a down day..I guess not ... thanks
illinikap

Post by illinikap »

illinikap wrote:Anyone notice how TZA is down today, even though RUT is down?
Never mind, just a TOS screw up on the daily chart
barbaragull

Post by barbaragull »

soku wrote:
barbaragull wrote:
ricster3 wrote:
barbaragull wrote:

just curious. how to lose 20% this morning? you r playing options?
ES. not day trading, but keep adding to a short position over a period of time (started short around 1210)
waverider

Post by waverider »

Al_Dente wrote:China to restrict “vulgar tendencies” with an “internet managing system”
We know they choke-hold forbidden topics (Tiananmen Sq., Tibet, Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo, BBC, et al.), and now this….
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/world ... &emc=tha22

Hey Al, you were right, HYG outperforming SPY means risk on! The Chinese government is saying "Now kids, you can only watch two 90-minute TV sessions per week from each station, the content is too vulgar." Gotta love the restrictions of communism! America tends to have a selective memory when remembering history as well, the history books forced on us in high school these days are blinding.

Apparently 100% of stocks in the financial sector yesterday were above their 50 day MA's: http://www.bespokeinvest.com/
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

illinikap wrote:Anyone notice how TZA is down today, even though RUT is down?
I noticed that with a lot inverse etfs except EDZ. $RUT down by 0.20, TZA should be up by 0.6 . It ain't happenin. I don't know why.
soku

Post by soku »

barbaragull wrote: ES. not day trading, but keep adding to a short position over a period of time (started short around 1210)
oh, so the 20% is not just today, if u r doing fair value mark everyday. i think the market is boring to death. i don't know what to do other than talking :D
anyway 20% is a little bit too big. with a market like this, you may want to think of some new risk management techniques.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

waverider wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:China to restrict “vulgar tendencies” with an “internet managing system” ....now this….
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/world ... &emc=tha22
Hey Al, you were right, HYG outperforming SPY means risk on! The Chinese government is saying ...Apparently 100% of stocks in the financial sector yesterday were above their 50 day MA's: http://www.bespokeinvest.com/
hi wavy, unreal, financials 100% above
Risk-on, risk-off, best quote of the day, so far, from the master snake
“I really don't care if it's a bull or bear market”
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
waverider

Post by waverider »

About 80% of beginning day traders fail in their first year because they aren't disciplined, trade on emotions, don't set stops, lack experience, etc.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore