Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

   

09/20/2019 Live Update

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Something like this.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 pm

coolbiz triple witch account.png


I learn from Coolbiz and his mastery of Elliot Wave. I do like that he does this regularly to establish his credibility. Of course he is selling nothing. He just does this because it makes him happy to share.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 8656
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Trades with cats » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:39 pm

I should add he does admit in writing when he takes a loss.
Trades with cats
 
Posts: 8656
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Cost me a cup of coffee for all that fun! Good learning experience!!
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Trades with cats wrote:Everybody playing the ETF's really should take a look at the micro ES and the M2K micro small caps. With the MES a point is $5 so if you don't want to be at a high roller table you can still afford to trade three or four contracts at a time. The tax side is terrific if you pay US income tax as it is the 60/40 split between capital gains and ordinary. Tax return is just filling in the single number from your brokerage. Brokerages are looking for collateral for day trading in the area of what ever change you have in your pockets. Being liquid futures contracts you just know there has to be a hedge fund somewhere with a fast data connection arbitraging the heck out of any price variance with the regular ES, making sure they are the same price.

The other thing is ETFs do scare me as when things go really wrong it is a sponsoring bank who decides what to do, while with futures it is the exchange. So the bank could say that ended badly and just walk away. Exchange has no other line of business and the members are mostly traders.


TwC, once I have a little more capital I'll have to ask you more about this. I use TD for my stocks are they good for futures and charting?
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 pm

te_fern wrote:
Trades with cats wrote:Everybody playing the ETF's really should take a look at the micro ES and the M2K micro small caps. With the MES a point is $5 so if you don't want to be at a high roller table you can still afford to trade three or four contracts at a time. The tax side is terrific if you pay US income tax as it is the 60/40 split between capital gains and ordinary. Tax return is just filling in the single number from your brokerage. Brokerages are looking for collateral for day trading in the area of what ever change you have in your pockets. Being liquid futures contracts you just know there has to be a hedge fund somewhere with a fast data connection arbitraging the heck out of any price variance with the regular ES, making sure they are the same price.

The other thing is ETFs do scare me as when things go really wrong it is a sponsoring bank who decides what to do, while with futures it is the exchange. So the bank could say that ended badly and just walk away. Exchange has no other line of business and the members are mostly traders.


TwC, once I have a little more capital I'll have to ask you more about this. I use TD for my stocks are they good for futures and charting?

Just my 2cents. That's what I have, use their TOS platform to trade. excellent IMO
Micro /ES commission fee is a little pricey imo, hey but that's how they get paid. :D
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Once you trade futures you would not go back to trade stock again ever.

it's like moving from a dial up internet to broad band.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby daytradingES » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm

I didn't take 3013.50 and now bouncing.
Waiting for a top//"
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
daytradingES
 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 am

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

BullBear52x wrote:
te_fern wrote:
Trades with cats wrote:Everybody playing the ETF's really should take a look at the micro ES and the M2K micro small caps. With the MES a point is $5 so if you don't want to be at a high roller table you can still afford to trade three or four contracts at a time. The tax side is terrific if you pay US income tax as it is the 60/40 split between capital gains and ordinary. Tax return is just filling in the single number from your brokerage. Brokerages are looking for collateral for day trading in the area of what ever change you have in your pockets. Being liquid futures contracts you just know there has to be a hedge fund somewhere with a fast data connection arbitraging the heck out of any price variance with the regular ES, making sure they are the same price.

The other thing is ETFs do scare me as when things go really wrong it is a sponsoring bank who decides what to do, while with futures it is the exchange. So the bank could say that ended badly and just walk away. Exchange has no other line of business and the members are mostly traders.


TwC, once I have a little more capital I'll have to ask you more about this. I use TD for my stocks are they good for futures and charting?

Just my 2cents. That's what I have, use their TOS platform to trade. excellent IMO
Micro /ES commission fee is a little pricey imo, hey but that's how they get paid. :D


Thanks BB52! I may give it a try one day, just don't tell my wife!! LOL! :D
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

yes sir :mrgreen:
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:16 pm

INTRADAY TODAY ONLY
Purple SPX
Cyan RUT
Black NDX
920one day.png.png
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 24395
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Greed kills, I called it a day. It's Friday. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby daytradingES » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 pm

drop at1 2:13

ah F!
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
daytradingES
 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 am

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Boy, that would have been a nice surprise if I still held shorts!! What happened?
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Breaking: China cancelled its planned visit to Montana farmers
trigger
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 24395
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby BullBear52x » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Chart for the road: Simply TA, next week 2960ish. trade well, Peace!
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
User avatar
BullBear52x
 
Posts: 23196
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:34 pm

I’m surprised the trigger was relatively obscure
Obviously, the algos have a PRICE stop rather than a tweet (or word) stop
That happened within 1, 2, 3, and 4 minutes after the news. That is not a “human” reaction; it was algos
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 24395
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby Al_Dente » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:38 pm

And that PRICE STOP was triggered at the intraday low on SPX and RUT and NDX all
User avatar
Al_Dente
 
Posts: 24395
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Al_Dente wrote:Breaking: China cancelled its planned visit to Montana farmers
trigger


Thanks Boss!!
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: 09/20/2019 Live Update

Postby te_fern » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Coolbiz got stopped out. Then he played the bounce and got his money back! LOL!
te_fern
 
Posts: 3178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Traders Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mbsquants and 34 guests