Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/17/2011 Intraday Watering

noob

Re: 11/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by noob »

Hi Cobra, sorry for being stupid, but won't count on which side? Thx.
Cobra wrote:little trend line here, I won't count on it.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Thanks. I was thinking from a daily/weekly perspective rather than an intraday trading perspective. If I had the foresight to liquidate my retirement account to cash or at least hedge it somewhat back in May/August/October I could have saved some pain. Just trying to figure out if we've gotten the signal to protect long-term holdings or if this is just a hiccup in the longer term (weeks) uptrend.
Cobra wrote:
L_T wrote:Cobra I re-read your post last night and was curious about this:

Even it breaks down tomorrow, before the Nov 1st lows being taken, officially the trend is still up, so bears still have a long way to go.

If we close here is the short term trend now officially down? Would you say the bears today completed what you called "long way to go" in one day's move?
still long way to go. officially the trend is still up if close right here.

trading is different however, because you trade EXPECTATION, so you cannot wait until I say, oh, it's officially down. You have to balance the risks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I'm really scared to say this because we've got enough lessons of sharp intraday reversal recently, but, hey, this still looks like a continuation pattern, so a breakdown is a little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little more likely. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Look at how the market is working off oversold conditions. 5 min MACD could start rolling over again. This seems to be good for more down for the bears.
waverider

Post by waverider »

Yay, looks like we could actually have an exciting trade friday after this consolidation.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
L_T

Post by L_T »

Help me on my dividend calendar arithmetic: if the record date is 11/23 then the ex-date is 11/21 so you can buy no later than tomorrow 11/18 right?

stucap wrote:For any of you trading equity and who like to snip a quick dividend---buy a little WYNN today....

Wynn Resorts $5 dividend will be paid Dec. 21 to shareholders of record as of Nov. 23.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

L_T wrote:Thanks. I was thinking from a daily/weekly perspective rather than an intraday trading perspective. If I had the foresight to liquidate my retirement account to cash or at least hedge it somewhat back in May/August/October I could have saved some pain. Just trying to figure out if we've gotten the signal to protect long-term holdings or if this is just a hiccup in the longer term (weeks) uptrend.
Cobra wrote:

Even it breaks down tomorrow, before the Nov 1st lows being taken, officially the trend is still up, so bears still have a long way to go.

If we close here is the short term trend now officially down? Would you say the bears today completed what you called "long way to go" in one day's move?

trading is different however, because you trade EXPECTATION, so you cannot wait until I say, oh, it's officially down. You have to balance the risks.
well, for long term, my sell signal was in August I think. But if you still hold long now, I think you can wait for a few more days, officially downtrend is still long way to go, I mean intermediate-term.

Zouk

Post by Zouk »

stucap wrote:For any of you trading equity and who like to snip a quick dividend---buy a little WYNN today....

Wynn Resorts $5 dividend will be paid Dec. 21 to shareholders of record as of Nov. 23.
But surely this is not baked into today's price? There's potential for a massive sell off afterhours on the 23rd or gap down on the 24th.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

noob wrote:Hi Cobra, sorry for being stupid, but won't count on which side? Thx.
Cobra wrote:little trend line here, I won't count on it.
I won't count on that trend line as resistance, but it worked.

I usually don't read much on trend line as resistance or support.

stucap

Post by stucap »

L_T wrote:Help me on my dividend calendar arithmetic: if the record date is 11/23 then the ex-date is 11/21 so you can buy no later than tomorrow 11/18 right?

Record date is 11/23 depending on settlement at your broker which I assume is T+3, you should be good if you buy some tomorrow. For full disclosure, I bought some today @ 120.50 figuring I'll take my chances on with a 2 day dip :)
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

Zouk wrote:

But surely this is not baked into today's price? There's potential for a massive sell off afterhours on the 23rd or gap down on the 24th.
buy weekly puts for hedge
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

End of day mudslide in the making.
luckystar2006

Post by luckystar2006 »

Cobra - I noticed these two holly red bars on DAX chart from your chart book last night.
Attachments
1.JPG
I've been a MOMENTUM trader over a decade & I only trade setups ranging from scalping, day or swing trading for living. My posts on here are ONLY FOR FUN & therefore not recommending anything to anyone. GLTA.
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Cobra wrote:
L_T wrote:Thanks. I was thinking from a daily/weekly perspective rather than an intraday trading perspective. If I had the foresight to liquidate my retirement account to cash or at least hedge it somewhat back in May/August/October I could have saved some pain. Just trying to figure out if we've gotten the signal to protect long-term holdings or if this is just a hiccup in the longer term (weeks) uptrend.
Cobra wrote:

well, for long term, my sell signal was in August I think. But if you still hold long now, I think you can wait for a few more days, officially downtrend is still long way to go, I mean intermediate-term.
I agree with you Cobra.

Today seems very much a pre-OPEX related day

No news from Europe and Financials didnt do anything unrelated to overall market actions.

Wouldnt be surprised if we rally tomorrow, on any rumors.

Never mess with the evil market-makers... :lol: :lol: :lol:
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

Looks like gold needs an adjustment down
r0wr

Post by r0wr »

Huge bull spike
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

HAHAHAHA! :lol:
r0wr wrote:Huge bull spike
r0wr

Post by r0wr »

Me XMan wrote:HAHAHAHA! :lol:
hehehe
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

luckystar2006 wrote:Cobra - I noticed these two holly red bars on DAX chart from your chart book last night.
hmm, thanks, let's see. usually such similarity doesn't work.