Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Al_Dente

Re: 11/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Al_Dente »

ALL CHARTS ARE VALUABLE HERE
If, like me, u haven’t studied the complicated shite, just grab and appreciate the charts that you do understand. But PLEASE don’t discount any of these gems. We need them all. Let’s not insult the geniuses on board, just bcuz of our small brains.

“Fortunate eyes, whatever you’ve seen, no matter the guise, pure beauty it’s been !” [Johann Wolfgang von Goethe]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJSUT8In ... re=related
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

not good, pullback too sharp, this is at least a 2 legged down.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KENA

Post by KENA »

The 1 min chart shows what happens when a perfect dome is formed on the SPY.When they form they don't usually fail but they are many failures as a lot of domes don't get completed.
uempel

Post by uempel »

quientuves wrote:Uempel. Sometimes I see the references to paint those ellipses, but usually i can't see which points do you use. For example in this last chart, what are the references for the lower ellipse? Instead of lose your time explaining it, could you give some references (books, links, whatever) to study them? Thank you and I guess we can start to say Merry Christmas!
:D
black.png
Dow Trader

Post by Dow Trader »

Intresting ... 8-)
Attachments
ES 51.JPG
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra wrote:not good, pullback too sharp, this is at least a 2 legged down.
Cobra: please dont scare me like that lol
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

Al_Dente wrote:ALL CHARTS ARE VALUABLE HERE
If, like me, u haven’t studied the complicated shite, just grab and appreciate the charts that you do understand. But PLEASE don’t discount any of these gems. We need them all. Let’s not insult the geniuses on board, just bcuz of our small brains.

“Fortunate eyes, whatever you’ve seen, no matter the guise, pure beauty it’s been !” [Johann Wolfgang von Goethe]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJSUT8In ... re=related
To what/whom do you refer? I have seen no insult, oh self-appointed speaker of the board.
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

It’s the DOLLAR today people, i don't know why (i shut off my bloomberg) ... focus on the dollar.
But in your “spare time” (much later) click this. It’s another one of those helpful all-on-one-page links that doesn’t go stale as they keep updating it.
“Arab World Uprisings: A Country-by-Country Look”
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/worl ... &emc=thab1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGOgY1C ... re=related
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Anaconda, check what I posted 3 or 4 posts ago. Maybe it'll help to understand.
ocassional observer

Post by ocassional observer »

dcurban1 wrote:
stucap wrote:does anyone have an opinion/chart on gold/platinum ratio? just seems a little wacky that a platinum grill would be cheaper than a gold one :)
Platinum is being affected by the global slowdown because of its industrial usage.

Gold is pulling back with the market. Despite it's safe have appeal it still has a significant correlation to the market.
i have a different understanding of gold. gold thrives under 2 conditions (which are highly correlative themselves): 1. negative interest rates. 2. declining dollar.
the strength in the dollar is hurting gold, the same way it did in 2008. this strength also relates to deflationary forces created by the slowdown in growth combined with the weak consumers.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

uempel wrote:
quientuves wrote:Uempel. Sometimes I see the references to paint those ellipses, but usually i can't see which points do you use. For example in this last chart, what are the references for the lower ellipse? Instead of lose your time explaining it, could you give some references (books, links, whatever) to study them? Thank you and I guess we can start to say Merry Christmas!
:D
black.png
Thanks Uempel. I still think your way cannot be learnt. So I just sit tight and enjoy your charts especially when I'm clueless. ;) Why bother draw myself, we have Uempel here to draw for us. :mrgreen:

Dow Trader

Post by Dow Trader »

Trade what you see ... based on this signal in this chart, it is a sell so far 8-)
Attachments
ES 52.JPG
KENA

Post by KENA »

Very close to the LOD..Then a bounce?????? It is a little hard to buy that but lets see.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Hmmm... calling bottoms here for today.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

A break of 2 standard deviations from the mean, within 2 days? If so, this market really, really wants to go lower. Watch closely... And good luck.
Attachments
gifsetfetch.asp.gif
dcurban1

Post by dcurban1 »

ocassional observer wrote:
dcurban1 wrote:
stucap wrote:does anyone have an opinion/chart on gold/platinum ratio? just seems a little wacky that a platinum grill would be cheaper than a gold one :)
Platinum is being affected by the global slowdown because of its industrial usage.

Gold is pulling back with the market. Despite it's safe have appeal it still has a significant correlation to the market.
i have a different understanding of gold. gold thrives under 2 conditions (which are highly correlative themselves): 1. negative interest rates. 2. declining dollar.
the strength in the dollar is hurting gold, the same way it did in 2008. this strength also relates to deflationary forces created by the slowdown in growth combined with the weak consumers.
I agree with you but as we saw in the 2008 collapse gold fell along with the market. I am long gold but realize that the weak hands (hedge funds) will sell at the first opportunity because it may be one position with a profit.

Gold should be higher right now based on the global problems and the fact that it is holding steady at current levels makes me bullish.

I check the chart on seekingalpha.com and with the exception of a percent or two bump at the start of the day gold has been correlating to the market.

The dollar's strength will hurt gold but European demand offsets the dollar's gain to a certain extent.
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

uempel wrote:Anaconda, check what I posted 3 or 4 posts ago. Maybe it'll help to understand.
I'll give it another try. Thanks.
A
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

30 min to close, let's pray for bears sake, at least gives us one green day, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Internals intraday:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... listNum=15

Nyadv advancers have dropped from 2306 to 1350 now, with 106 “unchanged” undecided
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTHxMjVivg
stucap

Post by stucap »

ocassional observer wrote:
dcurban1 wrote:

i understand the relative demand for both rocks----and that platinum clearly has more correlation with the actual economy because it has industrial applications....

I was just wondering if anyone had historical data on the relationship as platinum has historically (at least as long as I can remember) been higher than gold despite market cycles? maybe i'm wrong.