11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 11/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

forgot to say: Target.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
standard_and_poor

Post by standard_and_poor »

hi cobra, here's the current roadmap for anybody interested:
http://standardpoor.wordpress.com/
ib612

Post by ib612 »

now that MA resistance has been broken, are we looking at 7 day rule before more down?
Seawaves

Post by Seawaves »

GM, Cobra
One first grade question, how do ppl post picture here? Has to upload it to somewhere else first?
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

So buy on the dip?
Cobra wrote:forgot to say: Target.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Update:
ee.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Seawaves wrote:GM, Cobra
One first grade question, how do ppl post picture here? Has to upload it to somewhere else first?
Check Getting Started. basically, use the "Upload attachment".

PLUNGE

Post by PLUNGE »

Mr. BachNut wrote:Market neutral.
Had a pilot short yesterday that was stopped out during yesterday's closing spike for small profit.
In spite of gain, technicals still look weak. Looking to re-establish short at higher prices.
Mechanical model is in sell mode.

Today is interesting for Tom DeMark followers. I believe a TD Sequential Setup buy signal will trigger today with an SPX close <1188.04. Above that, the setup is nullified, which I guess would keep followers of this signal on the sidelines.
Thanks for this observation! Here's my DeMark count:
sc3.png

And his rules for a TD:
"If before price bar 9 is reached a price bar fails to close below that of four bars previously then the Setup is abandoned and the numbers are automatically deleted. Once nine consecutive price bars have been completed the trader will be looking for a "perfected" Setup; one that is now valid for trading. Buy Setup perfected when the low of either price bar 8 or 9 is less than the lows of both price bars 6 and 7."

But I'm a novice at DeMark, so not being critical :D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Me XMan wrote:So buy on the dip?
Cobra wrote:forgot to say: Target.
this kind of push up should be 3 legged. the very first pullback should be a buy.
Attachments
1.png

soku

Post by soku »

i spent some time looking around. now the wave guys are in doubt again. are we really in 3 of 3 of 3?
here is a typical one.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w9bY1RA3lsc/T ... weekly.png

i am not a wave trader. my main source of signal comes from volatility. my perfect scenario is dip to 1180, then head up. 1215 or 1230 will tell me what's next.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra: what was bull target?
soku

Post by soku »

PLUNGE wrote:
Had a pilot short yesterday that was stopped out during yesterday's closing spike for small profit.
In spite of gain, technicals still look weak. Looking to re-establish short at higher prices.

Today is interesting for Tom DeMark followers. I believe a TD Sequential Setup buy signal will trigger today with an SPX close <1188.04. Above that, the setup is nullified, which I guess would keep followers of this signal on the sidelines.
sc3.png

And his rules for a TD:
"If before price bar 9 is reached a price bar fails to close below that of four bars previously then the Setup is abandoned and the numbers are automatically deleted. Once nine consecutive price bars have been completed the trader will be looking for a "perfected" Setup; one that is now valid for trading. Buy Setup perfected when the low of either price bar 8 or 9 is less than the lows of both price bars 6 and 7."

i am trading demark setup and countdown for a long time. a flip is not a good trading signal. you should wait for couple more bars. 4-5 is kinda commonly accepted entry point. overall i should say demark is more on reversal. i use it more on exit side.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Internals, different view, 5 days, 1 minute
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =249244776
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Mr BachNut / PLUNGE/ soku where do you guys find good info on DeMark? It's one thing I've never been able to locate a "tutorial" of sorts for. Thanks for any info you can provide.
soku wrote:
PLUNGE wrote:

sc3.png

And his rules for a TD:

i am trading demark setup and countdown for a long time. a flip is not a good trading signal. you should wait for couple more bars. 4-5 is kinda commonly accepted entry point. overall i should say demark is more on reversal. i use it more on exit side.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Al_Dente wrote:
Apple wrote:Anybody looking at the XOI run-up?
XOI oil and TRAN strongest on my little board today so far

“If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." [Carl Sagan, Astronomer]
My guess is that XOI is going to top at about 1192 (and leading for TRAN ?) sometime before Thursday... :)
uempel

Post by uempel »

Whoever shorts now is either stupid or he has cojones di ferro...
rr.png